• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I see you have forgotten years of discussion in this very thread and its predecessor where people were begging for Kim Possible. You are literally not even close to the only person who wants Kim Possible xD
I remember Kim Possible being brought up, but also a lot of people claiming its "style" would not work. I think they meant the art style wouldn't work in KH 3 quality graphics.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What if this whole "Unreality" thing is how the live-action remakes get brought in?

palizinhas

Awards
To those who have seen it since Pixar's Soul is out now, does anyone think it can fit into KH somehow?
I don't think so??? Most of the movie is set in New York and I don't think that setting would fit. If all the world's story was in the Great Before, I think having a Lost Soul tampered by darkness could make for a good boss fight, but I'm not sure what could be the actual story. Both characters leave the Great Before in the end of the movie, and Pixar doesn't want movie retellings, so the story would need new characters, probably, and I'm not sure there would be a point in that.

Barrett

Awards
Yeah I'm having trouble thinking of how they can incorporate Soul into KH. Seemed more like the kind of story to just be a one-and-done kind of deal.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I don't think so??? Most of the movie is set in New York and I don't think that setting would fit. If all the world's story was in the Great Before, I think having a Lost Soul tampered by darkness could make for a good boss fight, but I'm not sure what could be the actual story. Both characters leave the Great Before in the end of the movie, and Pixar doesn't want movie retellings, so the story would need new characters, probably, and I'm not sure there would be a point in that.

Joe can re-enter The Great Before by getting into a zen state when playing piano & getting interrupted by another soul there. It's something of a workaround.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Joe can re-enter The Great Before by getting into a zen state when playing piano & getting interrupted by another soul there. It's something of a workaround.
Even that work around would kinda spoils the ambiguous ending of the movie. For to do that they'd kind of have to at least hint or imply what Joe did afterwards, which the team behind the movie actively decided against doing.
Also while this might work for Joe, but it wouldn't work for 22, seeing they were now born into the real world and would have forgotten all of their beforelife and formed a new identity.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
How do you mean?

An animated feature film has the average time of being made in 5 years from start to finish. Assuming that Lightyear makes its 2022 release, the movie would have been conceptualised and started production in 2017. So, when Nomura asked Pixar to have Verum Rex be part of the Toy Story world, Pixar probably accepted because Verum Rex as a concept was similar to Lightyear.

But this is me talking in hypotheticals, there's no proof of this actually being the case.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The setting of Luca could be an interesting world. We would get two locations with the Italian Town and the underwater world. And give Sora a form change when he becomes a Fish man underwater

Last edited:

DiveHearts

Awards
To those who have seen it since Pixar's Soul is out now, does anyone think it can fit into KH somehow?
I’m trying to make it fit, I’ve started making a soul world for my kingdom hearts game on Dreams (along with Treasure Planet) 😂
BE8C21A2-BDF4-48C3-B7B3-2248B0F6A1BF.jpeg
Does anyone have any story suggestions for the Great Before? I’m finding it hard to write a 20ish min scenario for it even taking from the movie

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I’m trying to make it fit, I’ve started making a soul world for my kingdom hearts game on Dreams (along with Treasure Planet) 😂
View attachment 13492
Does anyone have any story suggestions for the Great Before? I’m finding it hard to write a 20ish min scenario for it even taking from the movie

First off: amazing! You are really talented!

As for a story, how about Sora appears on the Great Before and since he is like Joe in that he doesn’t belong there, they join up together to teach 22 about life. Things take a turn when they get into the zone and Sora has to protect them from the Lost Souls??? Idk

Or a post-Soul story where Joe and 22 can come and go to the zone as they will to visit each other (don’t ask me how it works considering 22 would super young if it’s a few years after the film haha) and they happen to just hang out in the Great Before teaching people how to find their spark then it leads to a similar plot as I mentioned above with something involving Lost Souls

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So Luca trailer dropped. So far the film doesn't look like it offers a whole lot that would make it interesting as a video game level. Small setting, mostly just normal people in an antagonistic role.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So Luca trailer dropped. So far the film doesn't look like it offers a whole lot that would make it interesting as a video game level. Small setting, mostly just normal people in an antagonistic role.
True. The main sell of the world could be its underwater location. Though I guess that depends how much of it we will see in the film

Back