• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

the red monster

Awards
Realistically speaking, i think those will be the worlds for KHIV:
Frozen
Toy story
Moana
Zootopia
The incredibles
Wreck it ralph
Brave

i don't think they wanna bother putting 2D movies on unreal engine, it's much easier for them to re-create 3D movies which already fit nicely

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I mean technically they already have been rendering 2D films into 3D models since the first game, and they did it again for both Olympus and Hundred Acre Wood in part 3.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Out of all the properties available, the one I want the most is Inside Out (with Joy and Sadness as party members).

Aside from Inside Out, I've been leaning to worlds that will have a guaranteed Disney boss fight (like Agrabah or Atlantica). I think the motto for 75% of the Disney worlds selected should be to pick a world that will have a Disney boss fight.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Out of all the properties available, the one I want the most is Inside Out (with Joy and Sadness as party members).

Aside from Inside Out, I've been leaning to worlds that will have a guaranteed Disney boss fight (like Agrabah or Atlantica). I think the motto for 75% of the Disney worlds selected should be to pick a world that will have a Disney boss fight.

One of the many reasons why I wish for Agrabah to return in KH4. Not just to battle Jafar for one more round since his KH2 battle felt anti-climatic (none of your party members or Genie get involved in it), but also the plethora of other villains Aladdin has encountered. Aladdin has his own rogues gallery like he is a Marvel or DC character. Between Sal'uk, Mozenrath, Mechanicles, Mirage, etc. the possibilities are enormous for boss battles in Agrabah.

Same applies for wanting Tangled to return in KH4. Boss battles with Cassandra and maybe even Zhan Tiri would be interesting. Mother Gothel possibly returning like how Oogie Boogie did and then actually having a boss battle with her this time.

Princess and the Frog is an obvious one. I am sure we all would like to duel with Dr. Facilier and his "friends" on the other side.

Moana has two potential boss battles that would look extraordinary in Unreal Engine between fighting both Tamatoa and Te Ka.

Wreck it Ralph has the bug creatures as a sub boss fight and then later on battle King Candy in his transformed state.

Toy Story has a great list of villains itself yet the developers never bothered to bring even one of them into KH3. Hopefully they correct this mistake in the next go round in KH4. Between Zurg, Sid, Stinky Pete, Lots o Huggin Bear, and Gabby Gabby, hopefully we at least face one of them instead of yet another generic heartless boss.

Gargoyles. Oh Gargoyles. Please God make this happen somehow for KH4. There was a time people thought Pixar films and Live Action films were impossible to be included and yet here we are. Toy Story was denied on many occasions including for KH2 until KH3 came around so I stand firmly by Gargoyles. This series is ripe for amazing boss battles. You got the top two with Xanatos and Demona then you have the likes of the Pack, the weird sisters, Macbeth, Archmage, Puck, and Oberon. All of them have potential to be unique in their own way.

I could go on and on about how many Disney villain boss battles we can have for the future. Let's hope this will be the case for upcoming games including part 4. Disney villain boss battles is one of those attractive factors that made Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 so appealing to play through in the first place.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
As you already know I am in full concurrence for Aladdin, Frozen, Toy Story, and Winnie the Pooh all making a grand return. Also agree with the inclusion of The Incredibles and Princess and the Frog. The six of these in my opinion indicates Kingdom Hearts 4 material.

I have a few questions. First about Lilo and Stitch. Is there any particular reason why that over Moana? Personally the only two reasons I put Moana on my list is that could be the "water/island world" of KHIV and another new princess of heart world too. I mean the whole Hawaii setting in Lilo and Stich is quite similar and can work too so it has that, but what would the story for that world be you think? Will it follow the film storyline or original story? You think Nani or Lilo could be a princess of heart too? It wouldn't be farfetched since Alice was one too (over Ariel no less). Lastly the options of bosses we have between Moana & Lilo and Stitch. In Lilo and Stitch you would fight Gantu again I guess, but I am currently not sure yet how to make a second boss battle with him be interesting. On the other hand you have the combined boss fights of Tamatoa and Te Ka. I personally think the later would be greater of the two, but if Moana goes to KHDDD2 I am alright with that as well.

The other question is about Jungle Cruise. This one intrigues me the most out of your list. I wonder why you included this even before the film's release. I suppose it's already a forgone conclusion that the movie will be a hit success with both Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt starring in it. Jungle Cruise could be the new Pirates of the Caribbean-type franchise that Disney has been trying to replicate. Could be a fun world, adventuring through the river alongside Frank Wolff as your party member. Bet Sora would gravitate towards Frank quickly since he is a wise cracking, live action protagonist like Captain Jack Sparrow. Hopefully they keep the Gummiphone for KHIV, can imagine taking a photo with him.

Sora (taking picture): Cheeeeese!
Frank raises the 'People's Eyebrow'
Goofy: Oh I bet that was a great one!
Donald: This might look like a good spot to find some ingr-
Frank: It doesn't matter Donald.
@Gandalf-the-Wise Hi Sorry for not responding to you earlier but I'll explain my reasonings for Lilo & Stitch, Jungle Cruise and Wreck-It Ralph.

For why I want Lilo & Stitch in KHIV over Moana, well personally I doubt the movie is 100% done, sure it only covered the events of Stitch escaping the Galactic Federation in BBS, but what about the rest of the movie's events and franchise? I still would like to see Stitch and his homeworld appear in a future KH game along with collecting the different experiments across the worlds and the first official appearance of Agent Pleakely (given that he only appeared as an unfinished model), plus it could tie in with Stitch's connections with Terra. Ventus and Aqua.

Lastly, from the vast majority of you, I don't think the events of the Lilo & Stitch movie and franchise happened between BBS and the original KH game perhaps Stitch could've crashed into Radiant Garden or some other original world where he learned about Ohana, Friendship and the difference of right and wrong. On top of that outside of gameplay and Jiminy's Journal, Stitch has never been referred to as "Stitch" or hinted to have ever visited Lilo's world prior to KH2. So all of that can easily be retconned as it's not really a part of the story along with the fact that time flows differently in the Disney worlds, lastly none of the characters that reside in Radiant Garden (mainly Leon) never call him Stitch.

The only similarity between Lilo & Stitch and Moana, is as most of you say it they're set on a Tropical setting only with the former set in the present day Hawaii and the latter film set 20,000 years ago in the Polynesian islands. I agree Moana has more relevance and recency than Lilo & Stitch which seems fairly likely they will choose this over Lilo & Stitch, however, Nomura and his team or no strangers when it comes to choosing Disney worlds for the different KH games cause while they do choose them for following factors:
  • Which Disney or Pixar films do they want in the game as worlds.
  • The themes that the specific Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.)
  • The Story the world can offer
  • The gameplay value and environment that the world can offer.
  • Variety
  • Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3)

They sometimes go way beyond and choose worlds:
  • You'd likely to expect on the specific game
  • You did not see that one coming (e.g. Space Paranoids, Country of the Musketeers, Monstropolis, San Fransokyo)
I'd be surprised if Moana would end up being a world in the next KH game instead of KHIV, cause Moana's journey on restoring the Heart of Te Fiti and the Islands decaying/dying due to Maui taking the Heart, do somewhat mirror the first KH game when Sora goes on his Journey to fight the darkness, plus I could see some good fun bonding moments and interactions between Moana and Kairi and/or Sora.

For Jungle Cruise most definitely this would be another Live-action Disney film to joining the KH franchise after Pirates and Tron, along with Sora, Donald, and Goofy's interactions with Frank Wolff. It will come down to when the film comes out in Japan and if Nomura and his team want to include it for the next KH game (specifically KHIV), but hey Tron: Legacy came out in 2010 while Dream Drop Distance was still in development and eventually became a word at the last minute in DDD 2 years after the film came out. Even Big Hero 6 got included in Kingdom Hearts III just a year after its movie came out in 2014

Honestly even to this day (just like with Wreck-It Ralph). I honestly perplexed on why this film didn't appear as a world in KH3 and why Stitch was ONLY just a link summon instead, given that Simba and Mushu were summons for Sora in the first game before we visited their actual homeworlds in Kingdom Hearts II.

For Wreck-It Ralph, I could see that film and Game Central Station be a world for the next Kingdom Hearts Game centering on Kairi, Riku and Sora over KHIV

Now you may be asking how are they going to have Game Central Station if the story events of the world are currently happening right now in Union χ according to Brain himself when he linked GCS to the data Daybreak Town and that GCS is not linked to the future or is some data world projection from the past or future from the Book of Prophecies?

One possibility is that it be reminiscent to the Tron worlds (Space Paranoids/The Grid) in previous KH games where at some unknown point in time before or after the story events of Union χ (depending on how Where they handle Wreck-It Ralph) Game Central Station (including Niceland, Hero's Duty, Sugar Rush and the inhabitants of those games) could've been copied into data and is put in either the Hollow Bastion computer in Radiant Garden or somewhere in Twilight Town (Old Mansion, Taito Arcade Building, etc.) so that Sora or anyone can visit Game Central Station and the games GCS is connected to. The idea is far-fetched, and I highly doubt it's ever going to happen when compared to Space Paranoids/The Grid, but it's something that is worth considering. I honestly can envision as if it reenacts the first film instead of an original story so I could see Sora, Riku, and Kairi interacting with the cast, especially Ralph and Vanellope, along with having a Boss fight against King Candy.

Still salty that Ralph was not included as a world in KH3, and it wouldn't be surprising if Wreck-it Ralph was actually one of the worlds Nomura and his team has chosen during the development of KH3 but was scrapped very late in production when they heard that Disney was doing a sequel to Wreck-It Ralph (Ralph Breaks the Internet), which is why he ended up as a link summon in the final game, and why Wreck-It Ralph became the Union χ world. Personally, I going, to be honest, I feel that Dark Riku should've worked better as the antagonist for Wreck-It Ralph than Big Hero 6 especially his mentioning of "Heart out of Data" I don't even recall the original movie of Big Hero 6 talk about "Data" when compared to the Tron films (original and Legacy) and Wreck-It Ralph which seems to have more mentioning of Data than Big Hero 6 .

Honestly, It makes me more curious and raises more questions about what becomes of the Wreck-It Ralph world following its story's conclusion in Union χ and whether it would retell the events of the movie once again for the next KH game?

I'd prefer if they went the route where it's a loose retelling of the film instead of doing an original story or jump into Ralph Breaks the Internet as literally Sora NEVER met nor encountered Wreck-It Ralph before.

I am not familiar with Zootopia, Soul, & Raya and the Last Dragon so no comment on whether those would be good choices or not. Lastly I have recently changed my mind on the matter of Brave since I don't think they would make Merida one of the new Princesses of heart. Brave also is less popular than most other Disney properties so it just might get the side game treatment instead. Just like with Aladdin, I am holding on to my dream of Rapunzel returning with her world (a cross between the series and an original story).
Zootopia and Raya seem to be shoe-ins for KHIV cause as I've seen in the numbered titles they normally choose the more recent films that are 2-3 or 5-8 years old so depending on when KHIV comes out (I expect to be 2022/2023), the worlds Nomura and his team want in the game, and Disney givin requests to them. Plus the world's environments and the party members could be unique for Sora to have in his party (Nick Wilde, Judy Hopps, and Raya).

Last edited:

DiveHearts

Awards
Does anyone have any world name suggestions for Emperors New Groove and Brave? I’m contemplating adding them to my Kingdom Hearts game in Dreams and am trying to think of nice sounding world names that would fit KH.

D

Deleted member 252753

Does anyone have any world name suggestions for Emperors New Groove and Brave? I’m contemplating adding them to my Kingdom Hearts game in Dreams and am trying to think of nice sounding world names that would fit KH.
I read that the original working title for The Emperor's New Groove was 'Kingdom of the Sun' so maybe that could work.

For Brave maybe the world could be called 'The Highlands' as that's Scottish but not too specific.

DiveHearts

Awards
I read that the original working title for The Emperor's New Groove was 'Kingdom of the Sun' so maybe that could work.

For Brave maybe the world could be called 'The Highlands' as that's Scottish but not too specific.
I like both of those! I think I’ll go with them for the game. Thanks for the ideas.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
One of the many reasons why I wish for Agrabah to return in KH4. Not just to battle Jafar for one more round since his KH2 battle felt anti-climatic (none of your party members or Genie get involved in it), but also the plethora of other villains Aladdin has encountered. Aladdin has his own rogues gallery like he is a Marvel or DC character. Between Sal'uk, Mozenrath, Mechanicles, Mirage, etc. the possibilities are enormous for boss battles in Agrabah.

Same applies for wanting Tangled to return in KH4. Boss battles with Cassandra and maybe even Zhan Tiri would be interesting. Mother Gothel possibly returning like how Oogie Boogie did and then actually having a boss battle with her this time.

Princess and the Frog is an obvious one. I am sure we all would like to duel with Dr. Facilier and his "friends" on the other side.

Moana has two potential boss battles that would look extraordinary in Unreal Engine between fighting both Tamatoa and Te Ka.

Wreck it Ralph has the bug creatures as a sub boss fight and then later on battle King Candy in his transformed state.

Toy Story has a great list of villains itself yet the developers never bothered to bring even one of them into KH3. Hopefully they correct this mistake in the next go round in KH4. Between Zurg, Sid, Stinky Pete, Lots o Huggin Bear, and Gabby Gabby, hopefully we at least face one of them instead of yet another generic heartless boss.

Gargoyles. Oh Gargoyles. Please God make this happen somehow for KH4. There was a time people thought Pixar films and Live Action films were impossible to be included and yet here we are. Toy Story was denied on many occasions including for KH2 until KH3 came around so I stand firmly by Gargoyles. This series is ripe for amazing boss battles. You got the top two with Xanatos and Demona then you have the likes of the Pack, the weird sisters, Macbeth, Archmage, Puck, and Oberon. All of them have potential to be unique in their own way.

I could go on and on about how many Disney villain boss battles we can have for the future. Let's hope this will be the case for upcoming games including part 4. Disney villain boss battles is one of those attractive factors that made Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 so appealing to play through in the first place.
For Gargoyles and Tangled the series Nomura has to speak with the showrunners of the shows themselves If they want to add them and that requires back and forth conversations and traveling alo g with them being aware of the actual shows themselves.

And like I said with Tangled I do have know if we're returning to that world for KHIV

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
@Gandalf-the-Wise Hi Sorry for not responding to you earlier but I'll explain my reasonings for Lilo & Stitch, Jungle Cruise and Wreck-It Ralph.

For why I want Lilo & Stitch in KHIV over Moana, well personally I doubt the movie is 100% done, sure it only covered the events of Stitch escaping the Galactic Federation in BBS, but what about the rest of the movie's events and franchise? I still would like to see Stitch and his homeworld appear in a future KH game along with collecting the different experiments across the worlds and the first official appearance of Agent Pleakely (given that he only appeared as an unfinished model), plus it could tie in with Stitch's connections with Terra. Ventus and Aqua.

Lastly, from the vast majority of you, I don't think the events of the Lilo & Stitch movie and franchise happened between BBS and the original KH game perhaps Stitch could've crashed into Radiant Garden or some other original world where he learned about Ohana, Friendship and the difference of right and wrong. On top of that outside of gameplay and Jiminy's Journal, Stitch has never been referred to as "Stitch" or hinted to have ever visited Lilo's world prior to KH2. So all of that can easily be retconned as it's not really a part of the story along with the fact that time flows differently in the Disney worlds, lastly none of the characters that reside in Radiant Garden (mainly Leon) never call him Stitch.

The only similarity between Lilo & Stitch and Moana, is as most of you say it they're set on a Tropical setting only with the former set in the present day Hawaii and the latter film set 20,000 years ago in the Polynesian islands. I agree Moana has more relevance and recency than Lilo & Stitch which seems fairly likely they will choose this over Lilo & Stitch, however, Nomura and his team or no strangers when it comes to choosing Disney worlds for the different KH games cause while they do choose them for following factors:
  • Which Disney or Pixar films do they want in the game as worlds.
  • The themes that the specific Disney or Pixar film have in common to the theme of the specific KH game (e.g. Friendship, Trust, Connections, Promises, etc.)
  • The Story the world can offer
  • The gameplay value and environment that the world can offer.
  • Variety
  • Disney giving Requests and suggestions to which Films they want to see added in the game to Nomura and the team (e.g. Big Hero 6 in KH3)

They sometimes go way beyond and choose worlds:
  • You'd likely to expect on the specific game
  • You did not see that one coming (e.g. Space Paranoids, Country of the Musketeers, Monstropolis, San Fransokyo)
I'd be surprised if Moana would end up being a world in the next KH game instead of KHIV, cause Moana's journey on restoring the Heart of Te Fiti and the Islands decaying/dying due to Maui taking the Heart, do somewhat mirror the first KH game when Sora goes on his Journey to fight the darkness, plus I could see some good fun bonding moments and interactions between Moana and Kairi and/or Sora.

For Jungle Cruise most definitely this would be another Live-action Disney film to joining the KH franchise after Pirates and Tron, along with Sora, Donald, and Goofy's interactions with Frank Wolff. It will come down to when the film comes out in Japan and if Nomura and his team want to include it for the next KH game (specifically KHIV), but hey Tron: Legacy came out in 2010 while Dream Drop Distance was still in development and eventually became a word at the last minute in DDD 2 years after the film came out. Even Big Hero 6 got included in Kingdom Hearts III just a year after its movie came out in 2014

Honestly even to this day (just like with Wreck-It Ralph). I honestly perplexed on why this film didn't appear as a world in KH3 and why Stitch was ONLY just a link summon instead, given that Simba and Mushu were summons for Sora in the first game before we visited their actual homeworlds in Kingdom Hearts II.

For Wreck-It Ralph, I could see that film and Game Central Station be a world for the next Kingdom Hearts Game centering on Kairi, Riku and Sora over KHIV

Now you may be asking how are they going to have Game Central Station if the story events of the world are currently happening right now in Union χ according to Brain himself when he linked GCS to the data Daybreak Town and that GCS is not linked to the future or is some data world projection from the past or future from the Book of Prophecies?

One possibility is that it be reminiscent to the Tron worlds (Space Paranoids/The Grid) in previous KH games where at some unknown point in time before or after the story events of Union χ (depending on how Where they handle Wreck-It Ralph) Game Central Station (including Niceland, Hero's Duty, Sugar Rush and the inhabitants of those games) could've been copied into data and is put in either the Hollow Bastion computer in Radiant Garden or somewhere in Twilight Town (Old Mansion, Taito Arcade Building, etc.) so that Sora or anyone can visit Game Central Station and the games GCS is connected to. The idea is far-fetched, and I highly doubt it's ever going to happen when compared to Space Paranoids/The Grid, but it's something that is worth considering. I honestly can envision as if it reenacts the first film instead of an original story so I could see Sora, Riku, and Kairi interacting with the cast, especially Ralph and Vanellope, along with having a Boss fight against King Candy.

Still salty that Ralph was not included as a world in KH3, and it wouldn't be surprising if Wreck-it Ralph was actually one of the worlds Nomura and his team has chosen during the development of KH3 but was scrapped very late in production when they heard that Disney was doing a sequel to Wreck-It Ralph (Ralph Breaks the Internet), which is why he ended up as a link summon in the final game, and why Wreck-It Ralph became the Union χ world. Personally, I going, to be honest, I feel that Dark Riku should've worked better as the antagonist for Wreck-It Ralph than Big Hero 6 especially his mentioning of "Heart out of Data" I don't even recall the original movie of Big Hero 6 talk about "Data" when compared to the Tron films (original and Legacy) and Wreck-It Ralph which seems to have more mentioning of Data than Big Hero 6 .

Honestly, It makes me more curious and raises more questions about what becomes of the Wreck-It Ralph world following its story's conclusion in Union χ and whether it would retell the events of the movie once again for the next KH game?

I'd prefer if they went the route where it's a loose retelling of the film instead of doing an original story or jump into Ralph Breaks the Internet as literally Sora NEVER met nor encountered Wreck-It Ralph before.

Zootopia and Raya seem to be shoe-ins for KHIV cause as I've seen in the numbered titles they normally choose the more recent films that are 2-3 or 5-8 years old so depending on when KHIV comes out (I expect to be 2022/2023), the worlds Nomura and his team want in the game, and Disney givin requests to them. Plus the world's environments and the party members could be unique for Sora to have in his party (Nick Wilde, Judy Hopps, and Raya).

Hi @DizneyXBirds95 , how are you? My apologies, took a small break from here. Good to be back. I have quite a bit to address so here we go. Get your popcorn and drink ready lol.

You do bring up some valid points about Lilo and Stitch. We haven't fully experienced everything that happened in the movie yet, and could still come to fruition for future titles. Similar with Hercules, we met Herc many times in the series before finally experiencing the third act of the film in part three. Stitch could be the same way, playing through the middle and ending portions of his movie. Also certain we will have a rematch with Gantu eventually. The question really isn't if a Lilo and Stitch world will happen, more of when it will. Not saying for sure this will be confirmed to happen, but I have this vibe that it will be included in a side game way before Kingdom Hearts 4 is released.

I say that more so now with the rising popularity Moana is receiving, and how much more important it would be to include her in the game/story as a future Princess of Heart. The similar island/ocean settings, the potential mini-games that Stitch would have too like a surfing mini-game, fresh ideas for boss battles with Tamatoa and Te Ka, Moana as a brand new party member, The message of the Moana film having similar themes to that of Kingdom Hearts, etc. Many of these factors is what supports my reasoning behind why I think Moana is more of a "main numbered" game material.

Though I could be wrong, as most of the original Disney princesses worlds were used for a side game (Birth by Sleep) like Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty. I suppose it all does come down to: what story Nomura wants to tell, and what Disney deems worthy of being in the game, and if those two could reach some sort of middle ground. Still, I think I will be sticking with Moana on this one. I do have a theory:

IbQ2SOw.jpg

I have a feeling every Princess in this shot has an important role to play in the future, and are indeed the new Princesses of Heart along with Kairi. This has me pondering that it might be a foreshadowing Easter egg that's invisible in plain sight. As you notice; Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel are apart of this group whom are all confirmed to be in the new POH group. Tiana and Moana could be among the others. Vanellope could be an unexpected one like Alice was or they might save the final POH spot for someone else (maybe the Nameless Star?).

I am open to the idea of Jungle Cruise being included for KHIV. It checks a few things off the list:

1. New popular Live-Action film (honestly live-action films being in Kingdom Hearts is apart of it's charm now since KH2. Wonder how more realistic they would make Sora in this.)

2. A jungle setting

3. A river setting

4. James Wolff (The Rock) fighting by your side as a party member, however Emily Blunt's character looks quite capable too so maybe both of them end up being your party members so even better. It would be the equivalent of teaming up with both Indiana Jones and Lara Croft at the same time.

5. Operating the boat on the river could be a fun mechanic akin to the pirates ship in the Caribbean, and could have some fun river mini games to go with it like maybe dodging hippos, lions, snakes, etc.

6. A variety of areas to explore: A small town, the docking bay/pier, in the jungle, on the river (being on the boat), swimming underneath the river (like in the Caribbean), caves, the Tree of Life.

7. Could have interesting story to tell referring to certain overlaying themes like Connections, Trust, and Promises.

Now onto Wreck It Ralph. I concur with your views on Ralph's world not being included for KH3. It should of been in the game. With it's connections to Union X it further convinces me that Ralph's world will have an integral role to play in KHIV. I also agree on that it could be treated like how Space Paranoids was in KH2. The potential of the story it can tell is much greater than to simply be reserved for a side story. Some plot twists concerning the Foretellers, Xigbar, and the Master of Masters could be revealed in this world. Ralph's story could also contribute towards themes of Trust, Connections, Promises, Friendship, etc. Ralph's world has tons to offer as far as a variety of different environments go, boss battles including against King Candy, and a plethora of mini-games (shooter game with bugs, racing game in candy land, 8-bit platforming in Ralph's game). The replay value of this world is tremendous, containing hours of bonus post-main story gameplay. With all of that being said, I think Wreck It Ralph has a higher chance of being developed for KHIV. If something like Big Hero 6, which is a far less popular property than Ralph, can make it in as a world in KHIII, I see no reason as to why Ralph can't receive the "main game" treatment.

Now for Zootopia. I completely underestimated the popularity of this film. The fan art I googled speaks for itself.
Kingdom_hearts_x_zootopia_by_animedude971-d9wum67.jpg 64b2c035bef9f871636410544c0ea4e8.jpg 179-1791505_zootopia-sora-2-kingdom-hearts-tattoo-kingdom-hearts.png.jpg

After hearing about it here in these forums I decided to give it a quick viewing myself. It is an enjoyable movie. I am more partial to the idea of having it included in KHIV. I am beginning to believe that if a "Metropolis" city type of world is to be included in KHIV, they may just axe Incredibles altogether and just have Zootopia be the full on huge city/suburban area world for KHIV. Zootopia has surpassed Incredibles in terms of popularity in recent years (probably also due to poor reception of the Incredibles sequel). Between being an Academy Award Winning film (over Moana), a popular song by the amazing Shakira (over 600 million views for crying out loud), and is in talks of developing a sequel very soon, makes this a likely entry for KHIV. There is of course plenty of other things to consider,

1. The diversity of the world. A modern day city setting ruled by animals, and it has different sections/areas that SDG, Judy Hopps, and Nick Wilde could visit via train like Tundra Town, The Burrows, Rainforest District, and Sahara Square giving it further variety in the visual department.

2. The potential in the mini-game department. Solving mysterious clues detective style to earn different badges and other items, doing parking meter mini-games, etc.

3. As far as boss battles go it most likely will come down to fighting a heartless boss as I believe Bellwether will be relegated to a role similar to Randall's in KH3. Unless you get a mini boss fight with her first before the main Heartless or Nobody boss shows up. Maybe it could be her Heartless or Nobody.

4. We could have an amusing scene of only Sora transforming to blend in while Goofy and Donald just remain the same.

It's an interesting theory referring to how they choose movies that come out anywhere between 2-8 years for their numbered games. Yet there are plenty of exceptions to that rule. Wonderland, Monstro, and Neverland are all derivative of films that were released in the 1940s and 1950s, yet they were included in the first Kingdom Hearts game. Kingdom Hearts 2 had Tron which is a product of the 1980s, well exceeding the 2-8 year span. Not to mention Timeless River that is a good 77 years before it's inclusion in KHII. Unless this a new rule the current Disney establishment is enforcing, I don't see why we still can't have our surprise classic Disney entry in a main numbered title.

For Gargoyles and Tangled the series Nomura has to speak with the showrunners of the shows themselves If they want to add them and that requires back and forth conversations and traveling alo g with them being aware of the actual shows themselves.

And like I said with Tangled I do have know if we're returning to that world for KHIV

Finally come to the last part. You know the old saying, "never say never". Of course including Gargoyles, the Tangled series, or any other Disney property is going to require going through the proper channels and negotiate terms on what direction to take it in the story. Also can't forgot the most important part, how it would benefit everyone on a more profitable merit. If the rumors of the development of the Gargoyles reboot or sequel really ring true, this could certainly be one avenue to help advertise the product and encourage people's interest in the franchise again. It has been not only my dream, but also many other Gargoyles fans and Kingdom Hearts fans alike, to finally have this crossover become a reality. It came close a few years ago, maybe there is still time to salvage it. If it unfortunately doesn't make it in KHIV, then I would accept defeat with grace and that dream dies forever...I am praying that won't be the case. If not an entire world, at least have Goliath (voiced by the great Keith David himself) team up with SDG in an original world similar to how Beast did it in KH1. Though I would much prefer an entire Gargoyles world, but we shall see.

7fe5ce9ccab23ba988a27c593c136e3b.jpg

Gargoyles does have plenty to offer:

1. Diversity in worlds. Sure it's mainly a city world, but different as it has a gritter tone to it and is inhabited by humans instead of animals like in Zootopia. Not to mention there is the Castle on top of Xanatos' building, and can go explore the island of Avalon which is the opposite side of the world. So you have both Manhattan (including the streets, the clock tower with the huge library inside, the old castle, inside xanatos' building including his laboratories) and Avalon (island/beach area, enchanted forest, another castle) to explore for more variety.

2. Party members can be Goliath and Elisa Maza. Noticing a potential pattern with male/female duos as party members for KHIV (Judy Hopps/Nick Wilde, Moana/Maui, Tiana/Naveen, Ralph/Vanellope, Frank Wolff/Lily Houghon, Goliath/Elisa,) Could play into a major theme which brings me to -

3. The themes Gargoyles can contribute to KHIV including the usual like Trust, Connections, etc. Also heavier, more mature oriented subjects such as Companionship, Vengeance (Demona is an obvious one), Redemption (Xanatos and Goliath eventually put aside their differences for the greater good), Acceptance, Responsibilities (like protecting others whether it's innocent people or your loved ones or both) etc.

4. The boss fights would all be glorious. Dueling with Xanatos along with the steel clan, Demona, Maybe as well throw in Macbeth too since he has the same voice actor as Cassim, Aladdin's father (John Rhys-Davies). Perhaps even include Oberon as an optional boss for extra post game material.

5. This world also works as both a superhero world and a monster world blended together.

The question has never been "Can Gargoyles work in KH?", more like "Will it be considered ever again?" With all the underlying themes Gargoyles has going for it, it is ripe for an entry in KH, more so KHIV. If things like Tron and Pirates of the Caribbean can work in KH, I certainly don't see why Gargoyles cannot either.

Kingdom Hearts IV worlds

Returning
Agrabah (Aladdin)
Arendelle (Frozen)
Kingdom of Corona (Tangled)
Toy Box (Toy Story)
Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh)

New
Game Central Station/Niceland/Cy Bug Sector/Candyland (Wreck-it Ralph)
Mystical Bayou (Princess and the Frog)
Motunui (Moana)
Savanna Central (Zootopia)
Amazon River (Jungle Cruise)

City of Stone/Avalon (Gargoyles)

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Hi @DizneyXBirds95 , how are you? My apologies, took a small break from here. Good to be back. I have quite a bit to address so here we go. Get your popcorn and drink ready lol.

You do bring up some valid points about Lilo and Stitch. We haven't fully experienced everything that happened in the movie yet, and could still come to fruition for future titles. Similar with Hercules, we met Herc many times in the series before finally experiencing the third act of the film in part three. Stitch could be the same way, playing through the middle and ending portions of his movie. Also certain we will have a rematch with Gantu eventually. The question really isn't if a Lilo and Stitch world will happen, more of when it will. Not saying for sure this will be confirmed to happen, but I have this vibe that it will be included in a side game way before Kingdom Hearts 4 is released.

I say that more so now with the rising popularity Moana is receiving, and how much more important it would be to include her in the game/story as a future Princess of Heart. The similar island/ocean settings, the potential mini-games that Stitch would have too like a surfing mini-game, fresh ideas for boss battles with Tamatoa and Te Ka, Moana as a brand new party member, The message of the Moana film having similar themes to that of Kingdom Hearts, etc. Many of these factors is what supports my reasoning behind why I think Moana is more of a "main numbered" game material.

Though I could be wrong, as most of the original Disney princesses worlds were used for a side game (Birth by Sleep) like Cinderella, Snow White, and Sleeping Beauty. I suppose it all does come down to: what story Nomura wants to tell, and what Disney deems worthy of being in the game, and if those two could reach some sort of middle ground. Still, I think I will be sticking with Moana on this one. I do have a theory:

View attachment 12577

I have a feeling every Princess in this shot has an important role to play in the future, and are indeed the new Princesses of Heart along with Kairi. This has me pondering that it might be a foreshadowing Easter egg that's invisible in plain sight. As you notice; Elsa, Anna, and Rapunzel are apart of this group whom are all confirmed to be in the new POH group. Tiana and Moana could be among the others. Vanellope could be an unexpected one like Alice was or they might save the final POH spot for someone else (maybe the Nameless Star?).
Hi @Gandalf-the-Wise, you're not wrong on Moana being included for KHIV over one of the side games due to it's relevancy, I'm perfectly indifferent to which one we're getting, but I'd like to see Lilo & Stitch over Moana given that it could tie in with Stitch's connections with Terra. Ventus and Aqua from BBS along with the first official appearance of Agent Pleakely (given that he only appeared as an unfinished model).

I am open to the idea of Jungle Cruise being included for KHIV. It checks a few things off the list:

1. New popular Live-Action film (honestly live-action films being in Kingdom Hearts is apart of it's charm now since KH2. Wonder how more realistic they would make Sora in this.)

2. A jungle setting

3. A river setting

4. James Wolff (The Rock) fighting by your side as a party member, however Emily Blunt's character looks quite capable too so maybe both of them end up being your party members so even better. It would be the equivalent of teaming up with both Indiana Jones and Lara Croft at the same time.

5. Operating the boat on the river could be a fun mechanic akin to the pirates ship in the Caribbean, and could have some fun river mini games to go with it like maybe dodging hippos, lions, snakes, etc.

6. A variety of areas to explore: A small town, the docking bay/pier, in the jungle, on the river (being on the boat), swimming underneath the river (like in the Caribbean), caves, the Tree of Life.

7. Could have interesting story to tell referring to certain overlaying themes like Connections, Trust, and Promises.

Now onto Wreck It Ralph. I concur with your views on Ralph's world not being included for KH3. It should of been in the game. With it's connections to Union X it further convinces me that Ralph's world will have an integral role to play in KHIV. I also agree on that it could be treated like how Space Paranoids was in KH2. The potential of the story it can tell is much greater than to simply be reserved for a side story. Some plot twists concerning the Foretellers, Xigbar, and the Master of Masters could be revealed in this world. Ralph's story could also contribute towards themes of Trust, Connections, Promises, Friendship, etc. Ralph's world has tons to offer as far as a variety of different environments go, boss battles including against King Candy, and a plethora of mini-games (shooter game with bugs, racing game in candy land, 8-bit platforming in Ralph's game). The replay value of this world is tremendous, containing hours of bonus post-main story gameplay. With all of that being said, I think Wreck It Ralph has a higher chance of being developed for KHIV. If something like Big Hero 6, which is a far less popular property than Ralph, can make it in as a world in KHIII, I see no reason as to why Ralph can't receive the "main game" treatment.
I'm excited about the upcoming Jungle Cruise movie and as you said it yourself there is so much that this world can offer in terms of the themes, gameplay, and the environment. While it's hard to know the movesets for Emily Blunt's character Lilly, perhaps from the scenes we saw in the theatrical trailer she can be another party member for Sora and the gang as she can use a machete and isn't a damsel in distress. Even one of the villains with the snakes surrounding his body could be another Disney boss in the vein of Davy Jones.

Even I'm hoping to see some real animals for this world such as the Jaguar and how it will look in Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
maxresdefault.jpg

25795104-8096791-image-m-83_1583862355304.jpg

Like I said, it will come down to when the film comes out in Japan and whether if Nomura and his team want to include it for the next KH game (specifically KHIV) and if that film shares the same themes for that specific game or for variety and gameplay.

For Wreck-it Ralph it wouldn't surprise if it will just be in for the next KH game (the one centered on Riku and Kairi over Kingdom Hearts IV, in fact, I could see Ralph be reminiscent to The Hunchback of Notre Dame world from Dream Drop Distance, where literally that film should've appeared in one of the specific KH titles over the other title, I mean looking at Hunchback it should've been a world for the first KH game or Kingdom Hearts II as the latter game had worlds that were from the Disney Renaissance (e.g. Mulan, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Hercules).

Now for Zootopia. I completely underestimated the popularity of this film. The fan art I googled speaks for itself.
View attachment 12579 View attachment 12580 View attachment 12578

After hearing about it here in these forums I decided to give it a quick viewing myself. It is an enjoyable movie. I am more partial to the idea of having it included in KHIV. I am beginning to believe that if a "Metropolis" city type of world is to be included in KHIV, they may just axe Incredibles altogether and just have Zootopia be the full on huge city/suburban area world for KHIV. Zootopia has surpassed Incredibles in terms of popularity in recent years (probably also due to poor reception of the Incredibles sequel). Between being an Academy Award Winning film (over Moana), a popular song by the amazing Shakira (over 600 million views for crying out loud), and is in talks of developing a sequel very soon, makes this a likely entry for KHIV. There is of course plenty of other things to consider,

1. The diversity of the world. A modern day city setting ruled by animals, and it has different sections/areas that SDG, Judy Hopps, and Nick Wilde could visit via train like Tundra Town, The Burrows, Rainforest District, and Sahara Square giving it further variety in the visual department.

2. The potential in the mini-game department. Solving mysterious clues detective style to earn different badges and other items, doing parking meter mini-games, etc.

3. As far as boss battles go it most likely will come down to fighting a heartless boss as I believe Bellwether will be relegated to a role similar to Randall's in KH3. Unless you get a mini boss fight with her first before the main Heartless or Nobody boss shows up. Maybe it could be her Heartless or Nobody.

4. We could have an amusing scene of only Sora transforming to blend in while Goofy and Donald just remain the same.

It's an interesting theory referring to how they choose movies that come out anywhere between 2-8 years for their numbered games. Yet there are plenty of exceptions to that rule. Wonderland, Monstro, and Neverland are all derivative of films that were released in the 1940s and 1950s, yet they were included in the first Kingdom Hearts game. Kingdom Hearts 2 had Tron which is a product of the 1980s, well exceeding the 2-8 year span. Not to mention Timeless River that is a good 77 years before it's inclusion in KHII. Unless this a new rule the current Disney establishment is enforcing, I don't see why we still can't have our surprise classic Disney entry in a main numbered title.
I don't know how Zootopia and The Incredibles are similar to one another as Incredibles is a Metropolis city and Zootopia is a mixture of so many different cities. I mean in KH2 we had snow areas from Land of Dragons and Halloween Town respectively even Port Royal and Halloween Town had a dark atmosphere but that really didn't stop them from being in the same game together along with the Dwarf Woodlands and Enchanted Dominion appearing in BBS despite having Forest like areas. Personally, Incredibles looks to be the replacement of San Fransokyo as they both are Superhero themed levels

But back on Zootopia, I agree that would be a fun world that Sora and Company would have a fun time being at along with their fun relationships they can have with Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps. I'm just hopeful they don't pull a "Kingdom of Corona" or an Arendelle" for Zootopia especially the former where it feels "forced and linear" by making Sora and Co. involved for a time being with the film's cast then separating from them in parts of the story and having them be just "there" in the background not knowing what's going on and doing their own conflict (e.g. Fighting a Giant Heartless), while the movie's characters just primarily play out like in the movie during the climax but don't acknowledge SDG until after the conflict is solved (in Kingdom of Corona's case). However, I can at least understand the removal of certain parts of the movie (for time constraints) and buy what Nick and Judy did off-screen after separating from Sora and Co. compared to the Kingdom of Corona, so once they reunite with Nick and Judy like at Rainforest District or Sahara Square they can explain what has transpired before heading to the Cliffside.

I'm well aware of Nomura and his team choosing films that are decades old (e.g. Peter Pan, Pinocchio, etc.) in the Kingdom Hearts game, but that was years ago, and how they choose Disney films as worlds in the recent KH games is a mixed bag. Like I said with the recent films they choose as worlds they have to be 2-4 or 5-10 years to be included as shown with the Tron: Legacy world, the Tangled world, the Frozen world, the Big Hero 6 world.
Finally come to the last part. You know the old saying, "never say never". Of course including Gargoyles, the Tangled series, or any other Disney property is going to require going through the proper channels and negotiate terms on what direction to take it in the story. Also can't forgot the most important part, how it would benefit everyone on a more profitable merit. If the rumors of the development of the Gargoyles reboot or sequel really ring true, this could certainly be one avenue to help advertise the product and encourage people's interest in the franchise again. It has been not only my dream, but also many other Gargoyles fans and Kingdom Hearts fans alike, to finally have this crossover become a reality. It came close a few years ago, maybe there is still time to salvage it. If it unfortunately doesn't make it in KHIV, then I would accept defeat with grace and that dream dies forever...I am praying that won't be the case. If not an entire world, at least have Goliath (voiced by the great Keith David himself) team up with SDG in an original world similar to how Beast did it in KH1. Though I would much prefer an entire Gargoyles world, but we shall see.

The question has never been "Can Gargoyles work in KH?", more like "Will it be considered ever again?" With all the underlying themes Gargoyles has going for it, it is ripe for an entry in KH, more so KHIV. If things like Tron and Pirates of the Caribbean can work in KH, I certainly don't see why Gargoyles cannot either.
I'm not opposed to Gargoyles being in Kingdom Hearts, but like I said and I'm being totally honest and blunt, that will come down to Nomura and his team going directly to Disney Television Animation and especially to Greg Weisman in order to happen.

True, you may argue that Nomura and his team they have added Disney worlds through fan demand such as as the Hunchback of Notre Dame world in DDD and the return to Halloween Town in KH2, but that has to come through negotiations to DisneyTVA and Greg himself in order for Gargoyles to appear in Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I don't think they wanna bother putting 2D movies on unreal engine, it's much easier for them to re-create 3D movies which already fit nicely
I have to disagree with you @the red monster, both Olympus and 100 Acre Wood made most of the characters from those worlds feel more fluid and expressive when compared to their previous appearances in past KH games. Even Maleficent, Jiminy Cricket, the Hercules characters such as Phil, Pegasus, and Hades along with the Winnie the Pooh characters such as Piglet and Rabbit are much more animated, even the latter character is able to change his expressions from his eyebrows whenever he's happy, angry and worried.

Hopefully the next KH game, KHIV, and Re: Union X (If it gets a remake) will utilize the 2D films as worlds in the Unreal Engine 4 cause from the models and animation were seen on the characters they made them much more animated.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Hi @Gandalf-the-Wise, you're not wrong on Moana being included for KHIV over one of the side games due to it's relevancy, I'm perfectly indifferent to which one we're getting, but I'd like to see Lilo & Stitch over Moana given that it could tie in with Stitch's connections with Terra. Ventus and Aqua from BBS along with the first official appearance of Agent Pleakely (given that he only appeared as an unfinished model).

Hi again @DizneyXBirds95! I could be right, however it's all speculation at the end of the day until viable information finally gets released so maybe, MAYBE Moana won't be included. I could be wrong or I could be right, we will see. I just have this vibe though since Moana is one of the more popular brand new princesses in the current era, her world will be included ("advertised") for the next main title installment. For those reasons you mentioned about Terra, Ventus, and Aqua, convinces me further about Stitch's world being saved for a side game. If the rumors are indeed true, there will be another side game centering around only the BBS trio again after the events of KHIII. Makes more sense for Stitch to be apart of that one. TVA are more connected with Stitch than Sora is. As for Moana, another great advantage it has over most worlds are the great options for fun boss fights. I have to say that participating in boss battles with Tamatoa and Te Ka in Unreal Engine 5 would be an exhilarating experience to indulge in.

Bioluminescent_Tamatoa.jpg

Te_Kā_Moana_Movie.jpg

I'm excited about the upcoming Jungle Cruise movie and as you said it yourself there is so much that this world can offer in terms of the themes, gameplay, and the environment. While it's hard to know the movesets for Emily Blunt's character Lilly, perhaps from the scenes we saw in the theatrical trailer she can be another party member for Sora and the gang as she can use a machete and isn't a damsel in distress. Even one of the villains with the snakes surrounding his body could be another Disney boss in the vein of Davy Jones.

I am with you on all of this. Jungle Cruise is giving me strong Pirates of the Caribbean/Jumanji/Mummy/Indiana Jones type of vibes. I for one enjoy those sort of adventure films.

The environments look stunning in this film. Envisioning Sora, Donald, and Goofy venturing with Emily Blunt and The Rock through all of this in Unreal Engine 5 would be a visual spectacle. Between trekking through various jungle areas, you also have being on the boat in the river, swimming underneath the river, the waterfall area, the caves, the temple, and the tree of life area. Simply put, it would be beautiful. Count me in on this. Jungle Cruise for KHIV! Besides, what Emily Blunt says around 0:47 feels like foreshadowing of it's involvement in the KH series. ;)

Even I'm hoping to see some real animals for this world such as the Jaguar and how it will look in Unreal Engine 4 or 5.
maxresdefault.jpg

25795104-8096791-image-m-83_1583862355304.jpg

Seeing the animals roam around in the areas we explore in the world would be a welcome sight. Fighting the Jaguar would reminiscent of the fight with Sabor in Deep Jungle. Would make for a nice little callback. As for snake faced man, I feel the same way as you, he does have this Davey Jones-type villain aura about him. He probably fuses with different animals for different abilities, could make for an interesting boss fight indeed. He could very well be the "final boss" of the movie, but that's yet to be determined upon the film's release. A world based on Jungle Cruise certainly has great potential to be one of the best worlds in the entire series.

For Wreck-it Ralph it wouldn't surprise if it will just be in for the next KH game (the one centered on Riku and Kairi over Kingdom Hearts IV, in fact, I could see Ralph be reminiscent to The Hunchback of Notre Dame world from Dream Drop Distance, where literally that film should've appeared in one of the specific KH titles over the other title, I mean looking at Hunchback it should've been a world for the first KH game or Kingdom Hearts II as the latter game had worlds that were from the Disney Renaissance (e.g. Mulan, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Hercules).

You know something, I will concede to you on this one. The more it crosses my mind, the more I realize that you could very well be correct on this matter of Wreck-it Ralph. I admit I was one of those people back in the day that thought Notre Dame would appear in KHII too. You're right, it would have fit in with the selection of worlds in part 2, being apart of the Disney Renaissance and all. Wreck-it Ralph could be saved for the side game featuring Riku and Kairi. Seems to fit in with the whole "diving deeper into other worlds" sort of theme along with movies such as Coco and Inside Out. Wreck-it Ralph is popular, but no where on the same level as the likes of Toy Story, Incredibles, Zootopia, Moana, Frozen etc.

I don't know how Zootopia and The Incredibles are similar to one another as Incredibles is a Metropolis city and Zootopia is a mixture of so many different cities. I mean in KH2 we had snow areas from Land of Dragons and Halloween Town respectively even Port Royal and Halloween Town had a dark atmosphere but that really didn't stop them from being in the same game together along with the Dwarf Woodlands and Enchanted Dominion appearing in BBS despite having Forest like areas. Personally, Incredibles looks to be the replacement of San Fransokyo as they both are Superhero themed levels

Few people pointed out that they might be too similar with the city settings, however after reading what you wrote you do remind me of the fact that not all worlds in every game are a 100% different from each other and do have similar areas to explore. I think it was the world selection with KH3 that gave birth to this belief that every world now has to have a completely different environment from one another when in reality majority of the series has never been that way. I welcome the prospect of an Incredibles world in KHIV as it my second favorite Pixar related property. I will go as far as to say I am placing it back on my KH4 list, replacing Ralph in the process.

The-Incredibles-1200x600.jpg
Incredibles has a great group of characters for SDG to bounce their personalities off of. It's got the "Superhero world" aspect going for it too. Till this day, it's still quite surprising to me that Big Hero 6 was included in KH3 instead of the Incredibles. They already had Toy Story and Monster's Inc. included. Were they limited to only using two Pixar properties per game or something? I know Disney suggested it being included. Probably they didn't want THEIR game to be overrun with too much Pixar properties I suppose. Honestly every time I playthrough Sanfransokyo, I am bored. Even Arendelle would get amusing to me on some playthroughs more so than San Fransokyo. Wishing we were rather teaming up with the Parr family and Frozone instead the whole time. Here's hoping they finally include them along with their world for KHIV. Of course for Party Members, Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl are both essential.

But back on Zootopia, I agree that would be a fun world that Sora and Company would have a fun time being at along with their fun relationships they can have with Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps. I'm just hopeful they don't pull a "Kingdom of Corona" or an Arendelle" for Zootopia especially the former where it feels "forced and linear" by making Sora and Co. involved for a time being with the film's cast then separating from them in parts of the story and having them be just "there" in the background not knowing what's going on and doing their own conflict (e.g. Fighting a Giant Heartless), while the movie's characters just primarily play out like in the movie during the climax but don't acknowledge SDG until after the conflict is solved (in Kingdom of Corona's case). However, I can at least understand the removal of certain parts of the movie (for time constraints) and buy what Nick and Judy did off-screen after separating from Sora and Co. compared to the Kingdom of Corona, so once they reunite with Nick and Judy like at Rainforest District or Sahara Square they can explain what has transpired before heading to the Cliffside.

Well without hesitation, I would sooner have Zootopia take the "Kingdom of Corona treatment" over the "Arendelle treatment". With Arendelle, SDG may as well have been ghosts or invisible. They had no bearing in the events that played out in Arendelle as it went on to do the abridged script of the movie. Worst part of it all is at the end when SDG are standing RIGHT BEHIND Elsa, Anna, and the others, and yet they still don't even bat an eye in their direction much less acknowledged them. At least in Corona we get heavily involved with the plot in the first half including all that lovely chemistry with Sora & Rapunzel being the highlight of it all. Also at the very least, at the end of the story, SDG do get both acknowledged and thanked by Rapunzel and the gang before leaving there. If the world had ended right after Rapunzel saved Flynn then yeah that would be just as terrible as what Arendelle did. Thankfully they didn't pull a stunt like that for Tangled.

One of the things I wish they did differently was actually have Rapunzel somehow involved in the boss battle against the big tree snake heartless (Grim Guardiness). Like what is Rapunzel doing the whole time in the tower as we fight a giant heartless right outside of it. How can she not notice this? She could have helped in the fight and still save Flynn afterwards. I did miss having her as a party member after all was said and done. Also before all of that, we should have had a scene or two as to why Rapunzel and Flynn got so close so quickly after all the interactions Rapunzel had with Sora. Maybe originally Rapunzel wanted Sora to go on the boat with her, but cranky Donald pops in to warn Sora about the nonsensical "world order" so he can't get involved with her. Sora then makes up some excuse and in the process makes Flynn look better. Afterwards we could proceed with Flynn and Rapunzel bounding.

Anyhow I don't see Zootopia being either of those cases. They might go one of two routes. They can do like what they did with Big Hero 6, Monster's Inc., and Toy Box., creating an original storyline where SDG are with Judy & Nick almost the entire time. Or it will be a lot like how Olympus and the Caribbean went in KH3, being involved in the beginning then separated in the middle then finally joins up in time for the big end battle in the third, final act.

I'm not opposed to Gargoyles being in Kingdom Hearts, but like I said and I'm being totally honest and blunt, that will come down to Nomura and his team going directly to Disney Television Animation and especially to Greg Weisman in order to happen.

True, you may argue that Nomura and his team they have added Disney worlds through fan demand such as as the Hunchback of Notre Dame world in DDD and the return to Halloween Town in KH2, but that has to come through negotiations to DisneyTVA and Greg himself in order for Gargoyles to appear in Kingdom Hearts.

As I have mentioned before I am well aware of that fact. It still won't be a detriment to my hopes for a Gargoyles world. I know for sure with Hunchback, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pirates, etc. had people wanting those as worlds for years while many others at the time claimed that would take a lot of negotiations and nigh impossible to be included in a KH game. I recall reading through many thread posts resembling those in the past. Same applies for Pixar worlds. Look how long we had to wait to finally get Toy Story included in the series. Gargoyles maybe a television show, but it is first and foremost a Disney IP, and is no exception to the rule of possibility that it can be included through certain circumstances of course. Every world included in every game thus far I am positive must have went through some grueling process of being included, some more so than others as apparent to how their inclusion ended up being in the final product.

By the way on the topic of Gargoyles.
QX2BWQD.gif
Goliath might be the only Disney character that would be more of a "beast" type Party Member than Marshmellow and even the actual Beast from Beauty & the Beast. Seeing Goliath tear through heartless like paper while you are helping him using your Keyblade, that would be nice to say the least. :) I know there are plenty of villains to choose from in the series and obviously cannot battle them all. If Gargoyles indeed gets included and have to choose only one villain to battle, hopefully at the very least they pick Demona. She is without a doubt one of the most interesting, complex female villains I have seen in a fictional story. That says quite a lot for a Disney series from the mid-90s. She does have similar Magneto type vibes about her character too. A boss fight with her having Darkness induced powers (and/or partnered with a whole clan of heartless gargoyles or a giant heartless) all around the castle and city would be awesome.
320full-demona.jpg.gif

One more thing I want to end off with for now. All this talk about boss fights with Tamaota, Te Ka, "Snake Face" from Jungle Cruise, and Demona, I am hoping they will bring back a variation of this theme song again for boss battles in Kingdom Hearts 4.

Update time!

Kingdom Hearts IV worlds

Returning
Agrabah (Aladdin)
Kingdom of Corona (Tangled)
Toy Box (Toy Story)
Arendelle (Frozen)
Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh)

New
Mystical Bayou (Princess and the Frog)
Motunui (Moana)
Savanna Central (Zootopia)
Metroville (The Incredibles)
Amazon River (Jungle Cruise)
City of Stone (Gargoyles)

Last edited:

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I hope they move to unreal engine 5 sooner than later with the next KH title. With the improved lighting capabilities alone, I think 2D films could end up making the transitions to 3D look far better.

I am in full agreement of this. Why wait until the next main numbered game for the enhanced graphics when we have a couple of side games to test it on too? The sooner the better I say.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Talking about worlds that will likely never happen, I want to throw my hat into the ring.

I'd love to see a W.I.T.C.H world in a KH game, even a sidegame title. Having all 5 guardians as party members if the main protagonist goes to the world alone. Prince Phobos and Cedric boss fights, the reason to even go there is to see if Princess Elyon is a new pure light. This could be a fun world if Kairi was the main protagonist to play around in, and have her gain a guardian form of her own. She can transform with the girls and be a...wait for it, Guardian of Light. Oh how original XD

Anyway just a crazy idea. W.I.T.C.H is even more unlikely then a Gargoyles, but I figured I throw it out there for a fun potential Kairi world to explore.

PStuder12321

So one thing I do want to point out is, The games always have a tie into the message of the game, the plot for KH4 is unclear so far aside from dealing with MoM and possibly getting sora back. That is assuming the title before KH4 doesnt reunite the trio in that game setting them up to start against MoM. Which is what I'm personally hoping for. However MoM was seen in the cutscene as being there in the city with Sora and Riku, thus making me feel the battles against MoM will start right away. Thus I feel the disney worlds will all have a purpose in finding or going after a friend. As Riku and Kairi are trying to find Sora and going after him themselves. Thus I think these games will surely be in.
Toy story, specifically for the movie toy story 2, where the gang goes after woody and Jess from the toy collector creep guy.
Frozen? So it was more Frozen 1 where ana went after elsa, I havent seen frozen 2. But I feel there is a possibility there?
possibily brother bear, as Koda is trying to reunite with his mom (although the sad results of that might rule that one out.)
Wreck it ralph, as there is a point where ralph goes after penelope (however you spell it).
Those are what I can think of off the top of my head there for that series, but I also want to point out there could be a message of once the trio find each other, getting back home, which opens up even more. They could do it where they use those disney movies at first as they are trying to go after each other, and then half way through, SRK is reunited and go forward together, and go trhough more disney movies about getting home. Making that list of possible disney worlds,
Tangled (unknowningly trying to get home or not. That aside would be a real fun one to do again!.)
wreck it ralph (again unknowning or not, this one might be a little more of a stretch.)
Emperors new groove. (oh please yes!.)
Meet the robinsons.
Brother bear.
Aristocats (though I feel this is a no, doesnt seem like something they would do as they seem to stick to newer movies now and thats a pretty old title. Maybe if this was KH1. but for KH4 I feel its to late of a title.)
Bolt. (again not feeling it but it fits the category.)
Now that aside, Im just gonna say theres a few I personally would like.
Tangled to return
aladin to return
Frozen to return
Emperors new groove
wreck it ralph
Zootopia
Moana.
My movies may be way off, but I do feel that at least one of the two theories will be the focus point of the message from the disney movies. How they go about it could be different, but I feel its important to point out that all the disney worlds always have a message to them that is focused on whats going on in the game at that moment, which for the next title and possibly KH4, that is, reuniting SRK, getting them home, and stopping MoM.

Back