• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

ImVentus

Awards
Re: What worlds would you like to see in KH4?

It's very early to judge how many worlds would be considered or not for a future title, that won't be KH3.

Knowing Nomura's interest to pick out his worlds, he likes to pick those that were lost during development.
Surely one day a Jungle Book world will make it's official appearance.

For future title, I'd be happy to just see (one) of these IPS making an appearance.
Brother Bear (Land of spirits)
The Emperor's New Groove (Inca empire)
Pride Lands
The Land Of The Dead
National Treasure (For live action)
Nemo's Reef
Todayland
Nottingham
101 Dalmatians
Dumbo
The Rescuers
If anything I miss the inclusion of animal themed worlds.

Promise85

Awards

In my opinion:

1 Pandora (Avatar)
2 ToyBox (Toy Story)
3 Incredibles
4 Brave
5 Coco
6 Arendelle
7 Pirates of Carribean
8 The princess and the frog
9 Zootopia
10 Sugar land (Wreck-it-Ralph)

disney233

Awards
Halloween town/nightmare before christmas are arguebly the best disney worlds in the series. the music, the costumes, the world's vibe, everything about it was great.
i would LOVE to see it in UE4 but i don't think we ever gonna get it :/

I highly doubt they'll bring back Nightmare Before Christmas, the same way I have doubts that they'll bring back Land of Dragons and Beast Castle. What's REALLY there left to tell for a story? Nightmare Before Christmas we've already touched the events of before AND after the events of the movie...and frankly I'm pretty satisfied with the way they ended it off. Sure, they could've given story of their "sequel" The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge, but I feel it's far too late for that now. Bringing Oogie back is pretty stale at this point.

Same goes for Land of Dragon and Beast Castle. As much as we would love Gaston to have an...OFFICIAL appearance of the story, the Beast is human again, and that's pretty much the end of that story. There COULD be story with Land of Dragons for Mulan II...buuuuuut...let's not. I haven't even watched the movie and I can tell it's bad, due to Mushu's behavior.

There's still story to be told for other Disney properties, like Atlantica, Pride Lands, and I would honestly hoped Nomura didn't actually off Drizella, Anastasia, and Tramaine, or...somehow they come back from the dead, the same as Ursula did in KH2, so we can have Castle of Dreams back, and have a redemption arc for Anastasia from Cinderella II.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I guess i would be fine with anything but worlds. We still have so many properties left to use, would hate to say either take a spot away from one.

Though i feel they may start slow, maybe like a medal in union before trying to incorporate them in a bigger title.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Top 3 for kingdom hearts IV? Oh, here we go!
1. Moana - being a nice jungle world and exploring world with the boat would be exceptionally cool. I honestly love everything about the setting of this movie and I could see a great boss fight coming out of it.
2. Bambi - do an original story with Bambi! Honestly, this would be so fun and Bambi is my favorite summon from KH.
3. Dumbo - the circus setting would be unique and the interaction between dumbo and Sora would be super cute as they reunite!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I wonder if hoping for at least 9-10 full worlds now is too much of an unrealistic expectation.
There are a few factors that would go into believing in an increased world count for the next game.

1) They won’t lose 12-18 months of work because they should be sticking with Unreal Engine 4.
2) They don’t have to remake literally everything for the next game. They can reuse character models, weapons, worlds (Twilight Town, Mysterious Tower, Toy Box).
3) For existing worlds that come back, as previously mentioned, they can focus on adding to it instead of needing to completely build it from the ground up. That way only new worlds get full attention and existing worlds can have parts of them easily reused and expanded on.
4) They have working gameplay systems to work off of instead of beginning out with everything going through trial and error.
5) PlayStation 5 will have an increase in power, which means devs can go to bigger lengths than they could with the PS4. Also means that companies may have to finally jump to two discs for their games, or fork out the $$$ for 100GB+ discs. They can shove it if they give us a 50GB disc with a 50GB download though.

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

There are a few factors that would go into believing in an increased world count for the next game.

1) They won’t lost 12-18 months of work because they should be sticking with Unreal Engine 4.
2) They don’t have to remake literally everything for the next game. They can reuse character models, weapons, worlds (Twilight Town, Mysterious Tower, Toy Box).
3) For existing worlds that come back, as previously mentioned, they can focus on adding to it instead of needing to completely build it from the ground up. That way only new worlds get full attention and existing worlds can have parts of them easily reused and expanded on.
4) They have working gameplay systems to work off of instead of beginning out with everything going through trial and error.
5) PlayStation 5 will have an increase in power, which means devs can go to bigger lengths than they could with the PS4. Also means that companies may have to finally jump to two discs for their games, or fork out the $$$ for 100GB+ discs. They can shove it if they give us a 50GB disc with a 50GB download though.
Yeah, great points.

Even Daybreak town looked finished for a while now and that's bound to get plenty of use later.

Looking at it this way, it isn't hard to believe there would be a higher world count because of the groundwork laid by KH3 and 2.8.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I still feel that a Union Cross remake is the smartest route to go before going straight to Kingdom Hearts IV. The story for Union Cross cannot go on forever... and Nomura confirmed that all the previous Kingdom Hearts assets have been recreated in Unreal Engine 4.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I highly doubt they'll bring back Nightmare Before Christmas, the same way I have doubts that they'll bring back Land of Dragons and Beast Castle. What's REALLY there left to tell for a story? Nightmare Before Christmas we've already touched the events of before AND after the events of the movie...and frankly I'm pretty satisfied with the way they ended it off. Sure, they could've given story of their "sequel" The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge, but I feel it's far too late for that now. Bringing Oogie back is pretty stale at this point.

Same goes for Land of Dragon and Beast Castle. As much as we would love Gaston to have an...OFFICIAL appearance of the story, the Beast is human again, and that's pretty much the end of that story. There COULD be story with Land of Dragons for Mulan II...buuuuuut...let's not. I haven't even watched the movie and I can tell it's bad, due to Mushu's behavior.

There's still story to be told for other Disney properties, like Atlantica, Pride Lands, and I would honestly hoped Nomura didn't actually off Drizella, Anastasia, and Tramaine, or...somehow they come back from the dead, the same as Ursula did in KH2, so we can have Castle of Dreams back, and have a redemption arc for Anastasia from Cinderella II.
It's very much The exact same words I said regarding if Halloween Town, Beasts Castle and The Land of Dragons are set to return but frankly I'd say their stories are done for KH2.

No matter how much the vast most of you want to return to Halloween Town (Nightmare Before Christmas) in future games to see how it will look in the new engine, realistically I just don't see it coming back. The reason is that we explored most of the locations in the film in KH and KH2 and I don't think there is any story left to tell for Halloween Town as KH2 was a nice sendoff/conclusion for this world. The same can be said about the Lion King, Little Mermaid, Mulan, and Beauty and the Beast worlds in KH2, the Princess of Heart worlds in BBS (Dwarf Woodlands, Castle of Dreams, and Enchanted Dominion), and the Hercules and Pirates worlds in KH3. I especially don't want to return to Land of Dragons in a future game to adapt Mulan 2 where Mushu was such a HUGE JERK in the sequel.

Honestly Mushu's antagonistic nature in the sequel was the reason why I didn't like Mulan 2 and why I don't want the world to return in future titles. Just having him attempt to break Mulan and Shang up just so he can keep his role as a "guardian" would personally make SDG especially Sora feel disgusted. Regarding Pride Lands return I'm not sure, compared to how Disney was 13-14 years ago to right now, I dunno if these worlds might return in future installments of the saga. Even if you have the end credits for Pridelands with Kiara's birth and perhaps adapt the Sequel of Simba's Pride in a future game, I think it's up to not just Disney but also Nomura and the development staff if they say yes or no regarding if that certain Disney world would return to the saga and if it works on not just a story perspective but also for an environment and gameplay value, which is why I would preferred seeing other animal based Disney films such as the Jungle Book, Zootopia, Bambi, Dumbo along with several other Disney and Pixar animated films (e.g. Treasure Planet, Atlantis, Great Mouse Detective, Pocahontas, etc..) to be represented as worlds in the next game instead of coming back to Pride Lands.

Regarding Atlántica I think we have to do a time skip in order to properly adapt the plot of Little Mermaid II so that's out of the question.

In regards to the Disney world(s) that are introduced in KH3 that will appear in Future Installments in the saga, I could see Frozen and Toy Story returning for the next KH game due to its sequels coming out in 2019 next year.

Tangled looks to be finished unless if they continue it for the next game an utilize elements from the TV series, which I see unlikely cause KH haven't use any of the Disney animated TV shows in their games and it would be difficult creating 3D models some of the characters introduced in the show (e.g. Cassandra) in the KH art style. Monster's Inc. and Big Hero 6 will all depend on if Nomura and his team along with the creative team from Disney Animation and Pixar have new ideas for new stories for these respective worlds, but realistically I'd see the latter film being replaced by a world based on The Incredibles.

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards

1) They won’t lose 12-18 months of work because they should be sticking with Unreal Engine 4.

Yeah, this is something I've been trying to say when it comes up. They can reuse assets now that they have a framework to build off of. If they do like RDR2 did, there could be a disc to download from and a disc to play the game with.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards

Definitely!
And also some Marvel properties included.
Much like Star Wars, I'd prefer Easter eggs and nods of Marvel rather than a full fledged world just for the sake of having a Marvel world, regardless if both Marvel and Star Wars are a part of Disney.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Unless Nomura outright confirms that they will add Marvel Studios and Star Wars, assume that they are not interested in those brands for Kingdom Hearts.

Kingdom Hearts IV can survive with sticking with Disney Animation, Disney Live-Action and Pixar. Who knows, maybe Square Enix could draw from the catalogue of exclusive properties from Disney's Streaming Service.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Kingdom Hearts IV can survive with sticking with Disney Animation, Disney Live-Action and Pixar. Who knows, maybe Square Enix could draw from the catalogue of exclusive properties from Disney's Streaming Service.
I'd prefer that option.

I know right? The film is so vibrant and colorful and we would get to see SDG as skeletons
That would be outstanding, not to mention it will help SDG blend in and not break "world order" when they are in the Land of the Dead, just like how they turned into Toys and Monsters for the Toy Story and Monsters Inc. worlds. Heck much like how the Pixar designers from Toy Story and Monsters Inc. help consult on the world designs for SDG, they can also bring in the designers for Coco to help consult the skeleton designs for SDG.

Another thing that would work is having either the Heartless or Nightmare Dream Eaters being the central enemies for a Coco world , perhaps the former where they are designed after the Alebrijes or aspects in Mexico culture and Mythology. In fact given that in the film and in Mexican culture that the Alebrijes serves as spirit guides and protectors what if it's the opposite and the Alebrije gets corrupted and turned into a Heartless.

Semitwisted

Awards
So for me, when it comes to worlds in KH, I don't necessarily want Disney films that i really like. But rather movies that will be fun and interesting environments. I would also like to see the KH story tied more closely to whats happening in each Disney world, like in KHI. My world list my be a bit large, but i think it possible.

1. Alice in Wonderland (2010 Live action)
It seems Nomura like having at least one live action movie in most KH games. I think this would be a great fit. Its a little bit darker than most properties in the series and seeing how well it looks like the brought Pirates to life in KHIII this could be a really fun world to be in. Plus you could have the Mad Hatter with his claymore and Alice in her armor with the vorpal sword. You could even fight the Jabberwocky. I know we have already been to wonderland, but this would be an awesome return.

2. Tron: Legacy
So I really like this movie. I know its not great and i know we have already been to the Grid in KH:DDD but this world deserves a Unreal Engine revisit. There are some many visually eye melting areas they could explore from the film. Going of the grid, the arena, the city, with the capabilities that they have now, this world could look amazing.

3. Treasure Planet
This not one of my favorite Disney animated films, but damn it make a cool world in Kingdom Hearts. There are some great characters and some really cool locations. You could get on a space ship and visit the multiple planets and locations from the film that would be a joy to run around killing heartless in.

4. Wall-E
This in one I want in the game because I love the movie. Having Eve in your party would be awesome. You could have some the main ship, the Axiom, be the main location, and even go to earth with all mountains of cube trash.

5. The Sword in the Stone
Being able to see Merlin in his own world and having him in your party would be awesome. That movie has some great villains and would be a blast to be in. You could also have Arthur in your Party.

6. The Emperor's New Groove.
The Inca Kingdom would just be a lot of fun to be in. Having Lama Kuzco and Pacha in your Party would be great. Kronk is great. Lots of locations that would make for some great gameplay.

7. Coco
What a gorgeous film. There are so many ways they could approach this and mix it with the world of Kingdom Hearts. Sora and gang could even be turned into skeletons with Donald's magic.

8. Moana
If having Moana and Maui in your party isn't enough, You have some great places to fight heartless and adventure through.

9. Robin Hood (1973, Animated)
This maybe a bit to similar in setting to the Sword in the Stone, but its one of may favorite Disney films. Plus you could have Sora as an anthropomorphic lion. This would be a cool call back to one of Sora's original designs. Plus have Robin Hood and Little John on your Party would be very nice.

10. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
When KHIII was announced, this was the first movie that i thought of. It has some of the most breathe taking visuals and designs. There are some many characters that would make this an awesome world to include. Have Princess Kida in your party would be awesome.

--Original Worlds--

I was thinking it would be cool if the main or tutorial world was the mainland of Destiny Island. We have only seen bits of it and i think it would be Pretty cool. You could even take a raft to destiny island.

--Other Stuff I thought would be interesting

These are just a few things that I think could be implemented to make Kingdom Hearts grow as a game.

NO GUMMIE SHIPS

Im sure a lot of people love the gummie ships and are glad they making a return in KHIII, but i think we can move past this now. Im sure it eats up a lot of development time, time that could be spent on giving us more worlds to explore.

KEYBLADE ARMOR

I was really hoping Sora would get Armor in KHIII, but it doesn't look like thats gonna happen. This could be a nice addition to Sora's abilities. It could work similarly to a Drive From from KHII. Build up a gauge, activate the armor. You could even level it up and as you level it up it changes in appearance.

OUTFITS

Ive kinda wanted this in a Kingdom Hearts game for a while. Sora could obtain new outfits from bosses, enemies and even allies. like a outfit inspired buy a samurai nobody. Or one similar to what Vanitas wears. These outfits wouldn't be just cosmetic either, they could provide stat boosts as well.

DUNGEONS

This is a big one. Something that Kingdom Hearts could expand on is end game content. Dungeons could be a great addition. Im talking full on Zelda size dungeons with puzzles and everything. These dungeons could contain powerful new enemies and new variants of enemies. Kinda like what KHUX did with heartless like the Defender or Large Body. Each dungeon could be unique to the world its tied to and have unique bosses at the end.
The dungeons could hidden and would require you to complete certain task to unlock them. Beating them would give you new and powerful accesoies, outfits and keyblades.

Thats pretty much all i got. I think I could go on and on thinking about what I would like to see in the next Kingdom Hearts game, But for right now, Im just excited to play KHIII.

Hardback247

Will the worlds of KH3 be structurally more like KH1, and less like KH2, in that they are more interactive, and have more platforming?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Will the worlds of KH3 be structurally more like KH1, and less like KH2, in that they are more interactive, and have more platforming?
Yes, they will be. In the Toy Box, you can get to chests by jumping across flying Dragonfly toys and interact with Rock-em-Sock-em robots which rewards you with a chest. There's a lot of this kind of interactivity and platforming across the game.

Back