• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Worlds of Kingdom Hearts | Star Wars is here, bby! Other live action films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LostArtist

Awards
I think the reason 100 Acre Wood was just only Rabbit's House and nothing else, was because it has to do with interviewes from tGBe development team in KH3 wanting to make each Disney world different from one another in terms of environment and gameplay aesthetics, along with the fact that 100 Acre Wood is merely a woods/forest environment which would've been too similar to the Kingdom of Corona (Tangled) despite the fact that world having a different visual style than 100 Acre Wood.
Idk I feel like it's a mix of being a bit rushed :p and purposefully making it short to make it feel sad. Because I don't think those two are similar apart from both being in a forest/woods xD

disney233

Awards
Also I'd like to put in the return of Disney Town/Castle, if you may? But allow it to look like this plesas cause it makes sense:

Lol just make Disneytown Disneyland and get it over with, lol. I feel that at least the Town Square should AT LEAST have that same look as Main Street...cause y'know it's like the main capital of Disney.....Town. I feel that I've already made this claim before, but...Disney Town should've just been Disneyland. (Disney y u copyright?) It kinda deserves more than what we've got in KH2 and Birth by Sleep. It's home to the MAIN aspect of this Disney crossover, being Mickey Mouse and his friends. There's allot to go with in making Disneytown more than just...Disney Town. It gives a reason to make regions based off of movies and series of the Mickey Mouse gang: like Spoonerville from A Goofy Movie, or Duckburg from the Ducktales series or Toontown from the WFRR movie or...(dare Isay) the Toontown Online game or Wasteland from Epic Mickey. Makes sense for the Country of Musketeers to be there, too.

This seems like deja vu. Have I made this topic before? Either way I feel Disney Town should be made into Disneyland. It just seems to make sense in my opinion for the world that belongs to Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Pete, the ones that had the most prominent roles in the series. I mean if allot of original worlds Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Radiant Garden had such meaning to their worlds, why shouldn't this one? (Technically speaking Disney Town IS an original world.)

Rii

Awards
Didn’t Nomura mention something about Sora and Riku being in 2 different versions of the same world in the secret ending? I don’t remember his exact wording, but I think it was something to that effect, but not the same as Toy Box being a copy of a world, right?

IMO this is a perfect opportunity to introduce the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland. This would make a beautiful, expansive world, it could take over the live-action property in the game, and it could tie into the multiple versions of the same world.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Didn’t Nomura mention something about Sora and Riku being in 2 different versions of the same world in the secret ending? I don’t remember his exact wording, but I think it was something to that effect, but not the same as Toy Box being a copy of a world, right?

IMO this is a perfect opportunity to introduce the Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland. This would make a beautiful, expansive world, it could take over the live-action property in the game, and it could tie into the multiple versions of the same world.
I do feel like the live action Wonderland would be the only choice for a live action world replacement. It would also play really well into the "different version" gimmick that Nomura talks about regarding Shibuya.

Wouldn't it be weird if this is all a set-up for KH to switch over to live-action worlds only. Disney has live-action Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty (Maleficent), The Jungle Book with more coming up.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Wouldn't it be weird if this is all a set-up for KH to switch over to live-action worlds only. Disney has live-action Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty (Maleficent), The Jungle Book with more coming up.
I doubt the are going to do EVERY live-action Disney remake as a world, in particular Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, and Cinderella.

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
I would prefer it if they don't touch Maleficent. Then again....Maleficent talking to her life-action counterpart only to call her weak and pathetic...would actually be an interesting concept.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I doubt the are going to do EVERY live-action Disney remake as a world, in particular Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, and Cinderella.
I don't want them to, but it is interesting to have these "alternate" versions of worlds that Sora is familiar with.

Rii

Awards
I do feel like the live action Wonderland would be the only choice for a live action world replacement. It would also play really well into the "different version" gimmick that Nomura talks about regarding Shibuya.

I also think Cinderella could work really well - especially with Riku. I think he would have some wonderful interactions with this version of the Princess.

Also, as much as I dislike it, I think Maleficent could work, too. It would’ve interesting to see a “good” Maleficent face off against our good ol’ Baddie.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
SDG interacting with Jolie-Maleficent would be similar to Timeless River's Pete.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The worldlines, and Maleficent's investment in the box, point in the direction of the appearance of Jolie-Maleficent to me. If handled well it could be a really intriguing plotline.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
BBS Disney Town is a visual disaster and a travesty to KH lore. Why is Mickey the king of this horrible shitty technicolor nightmare town?

A KH4 revamp with a more classic American Disney main-street vibe would be much better. Cobblestone, deep browns and bright whites, and flowers and trees everywhere.

disney233

Awards
BBS Disney Town is a visual disaster and a travesty to KH lore. Why is Mickey the king of this horrible shitty technicolor nightmare town?

A KH4 revamp with a more classic American Disney main-street vibe would be much better. Cobblestone, deep browns and bright whites, and flowers and trees everywhere.
The 'technicolor nightmare town' does kinda make sense for Mickey to be born in. I mean...isn't Toontown a world of toons? I think Square's trying to take inspiration to Mickey's Toontown, because I think it is supposed to be where Mickey and the gang grew up in. And when I think of Toontown...I'd think of that. Still, I do agree that more should've been done with Disney Town than what we got.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Now that the 2nd trailer for Frozen II, was released today It's safe to say it's bound to be one of the returning worlds to return in KHIV, alongside Toy Box, 100 Acre Wood and maybe Agrabah, with a lot more expanded areas for SDG to explore and their First OFFICIAL visit to the Village/Kingdom of Arendelle along with their first encounter with the rock trolls, mainly Pabbie. Even the Rock Golem that Elsa encountered at the end of the trailer looks beast and a potential boss battle.

Here's to hope that the trio aren't treated as strangers to the cast and be more involved with Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven.

Hard to go into Stitch's backstory when he appears for a whole 5 seconds. And it's not like I was denying what was said. I was just bringing up another possibility that is just as likely.
Still, I don't think that Hawaii was EVER destroyed by the Heartless before the events of KH, not to mention none of the characters in Radiant Garden (mainly Leon) and SDG never know his name they just see Stitch as some random encounter who pops up randomly.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Yeah Arendelle's return is all but guranteed at this point. All I can hope is that Disney allows Nomura more freedom in the next game it appears in.
Ditto and the same thing can be said for other animated films such as The Princess and the Frog, Wreck-it Ralph, Moana and especially Zootopia that become worlds for future KH games and have SDG more involved and relevant to the plot of the movie's world (be it an original story or a retelling of the original movie) compared to their adventures in the Frozen and Tangled worlds in KH3.

Basically the problem with the Frozen world and to an extension the Tangled world in KH3 is that they either act as strangers and having little interactions between the films cast by just meeting them once and doing their own adventure from beginning to end without being acknowledged (in Frozen's case) or having the story of the movie's world feel "forced and linear" by making SDG involved with the cast for a time being then separating from them in parts of the story then reuniting with them and then separating from them again and not be acknowledged until the climax of the world making them feel out of place (in Tangled's case). On top of that the Tangled world made a Lot changes by changing characters personalities and elements (e.g. Marluxia replacing the Stabbington Brothers, Making Flynn/Eugene a lone thief lacking Empathy, Gothel a pawn to the Organization, etc..) and leaving so many plotholes out from the original film, that will either frustrate people who've seen the movie and confuse players who haven't seen the original movie (in Tangled's case). Just imagine if the development team pull a "Marluxia" and replace one of the specific characters from the film and replacing them with one of the Foretellers or Luxu/Xigbar.

That's the part that gives me skepticism, it's not just Frozen I'm concerned about and hoping Disney or whomever will give them less guidelines and restrictions for Arendelle but it's moreso the other animated films from Disney like Wreck-it Ralph, Moana, Zootopia and to some degree The Princess and the Frog to suffer the same treatment as what happened to the Frozen and the Tangled worlds in KH3 endure.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think Arendelle will definitely be in the next mainstream game. But since I expect the next KH game to be a spinoff, I'm not sure what films will be featured. Maybe some of the more ignored films like TP&TF, Robin Hood, Pocahontas, Treasure Planet, etc. could stand a shot the same way that Hunchback and that DTV Musketeers movie appeared in 3D?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I love it when the games delve deep into Disney's catalog -- the series really shines when they pair the more mainstream titles with the niche ones. I'm not sure they have to be relegated to side games.

Back