• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"World Order"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

non3

In previous games, Donald uses his magic to change the form of the party to "protect world order" (like in Halloween Town and Atlantica). So in Dream Drop Distance, when Sora/Riku goes to The Grid, they change form similar to how Sora did in Space Paranoids, but Donald isn't there with either of them, so what gives?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Probably just Yen Sid's magic, as he also gave Sora and Riku their new clothes

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also worth noting that this is just a property of the Grid, once Sam and Kevin Flynn are sucked into the world, their outfits become programmy too

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Gotta agree with Dandelion here, the neon-suits seem to be an automatic property of entering the specific world rather than any "magic" done by a specific person.
Unlike i.e. in Pride Lands or Atlantica, in The Grid or Space Paranoids the weapons change form as well.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
All of the above is true, but remember the Keyblade in Halloween Town do count as "different forms", therefore that's kind of a mixed aspect.

Soldier

Awards
All of the above is true, but remember the Keyblade in Halloween Town do count as "different forms", therefore that's kind of a mixed aspect.
^this
It's crucial for SDG to change their forms, but sometimes the worlds just do it themselves, possibly to preserve the world border.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Gotta agree with Dandelion here, the neon-suits seem to be an automatic property of entering the specific world rather than any "magic" done by a specific person.
Unlike i.e. in Pride Lands or Atlantica, in The Grid or Space Paranoids the weapons change form as well.

But then how did Pete turn into a lion for The Pride Lands? Unless that's just a property of that world?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
But then how did Pete turn into a lion for The Pride Lands? Unless that's just a property of that world?

You're telling me you find it unlikely that Pete, under Maleficent's employ, didn't have the resources -perhaps even through the witch herself, to change form?

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I always assumed that some worlds make people from other worlds change form when they enter it to protect that world order, so they're able to blend in somewhat.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I always assumed that some worlds make people from other worlds change form when they enter it to protect that world order, so they're able to blend in somewhat.
Not necessarily. Others, like the Organization, who don't care about the world order never had to change forms. For example Roxas in Halloween Town, YX and Xemnas in the Grid, and recently YX in the Toy Story trailer.

Not Ienzo

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not necessarily. Others, like the Organization, who don't care about the world order never had to change forms. For example Roxas in Halloween Town, YX and Xemnas in the Grid, and recently YX in the Toy Story trailer.

Yeah, that's true. I thought that maybe because they had the powers of darkness they were able to maintain their original forms or something.

DefiantHeart

Awards
You're telling me you find it unlikely that Pete, under Maleficent's employ, didn't have the resources -perhaps even through the witch herself, to change form?

Makes you wonder why Pete changed form to begin with. One would think Maleficent and Pete wouldn't care so much about " World Order". Maybe it was to go under cover?

But yeah, I think with Space paranoids, that's just The Grid turning them into programs so they can enter the world.

Yeah, that's true. I thought that maybe because they had the powers of darkness they were able to maintain their original forms or something.

That's another good hypothesis though; that worlds naturally change people to fit their concept of life, and that the black coats could serve to fight against this natural phenomenon and keep the wearer in their original form. Honestly, I like that concept more, makes more sense that the world itself is more interested in keeping the order.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
You should also take note that Donald didn't change their clothes in the second game either, as he didn't even know there was a world in there, signaling that this is just something that everyone that enters that world is required to wear.

hockeygirl

Could it have to do with the fact that the whole time their in Sora's heart and the heart contains memories so those suits are how Sora remembers visiting The Grid so when they go back, they have those suits on?

I hope I made sense just then its like 2:30 in the morning 0_0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back