• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

World of Warcraft Advice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

See? Hunters are a terrific soloing class. But when Cata rolls, I'm going to try druid.

Uh, wtf? Why didn't you use Feign Death? Or bring the boss to the tank so he can try to get aggro again? And why the hell do you have Viper on?
The boss was near the tank. I already used Feign Death earlier when I pulled aggro off the tank and I switched to viper to limit my damage, that didn't work, obviously. It doesn't matter anyways as my friends and I usually do queues together (one is a tank and the other heals) but since I was home today I figured I'd get my badges earlier.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
The boss was near the tank. I already used Feign Death earlier when I pulled aggro off the tank and I switched to viper to limit my damage, that didn't work, obviously. It doesn't matter anyways as my friends and I usually do queues together (one is a tank and the other heals) but since I was home today I figured I'd get my badges earlier.

I've worked hard to not bring up the huntard racism. You gotta pull that off too. First off, you shouldn't have any aggro at all. Who the hell told you to pull Dred? You never pull. Hell, I never pull. The tank is the only one who does. If you want to get rid of aggro, stop DPSing altogether. Viper just means your shots are less powerful. It hardly means you aren't getting rid of aggro. Sorry dude, but that was totally on you.

D

Deleted member 36435

I've worked hard to not bring up the huntard racism. You gotta pull that off too. First off, you shouldn't have any aggro at all. Who the hell told you to pull Dred? You never pull. Hell, I never pull. The tank is the only one who does. If you want to get rid of aggro, stop DPSing altogether. Viper just means your shots are less powerful. It hardly means you aren't getting rid of aggro. Sorry dude, but that was totally on you.
Who told me to pull? The tank did when he ran at the boss. Viper limits my damage all together; less damage = less threat. I didn't do it to drop my threat altogether. I did it to stop it from going above the tank's. If I wanted to drop my threat I would Feign Death and then stop DPSing. When the boss was on me I did stop DPSing. I know how threat works. Trust me.

Z

Zulkir

Yay look at me I rolled a dwarf hunter on Stormrage...

may as well see the Old world from the Alliance perspective before it disappears forever.

Come Cata it's....hmm.....goblin shaman maybe.....I don't know...or a Warlock for that flavorful green fire mwhehe. I always wanted me some green fire! Warlock was my first class so I have ALWAYS CRAVED GREEN FIRE!!!

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
-agrees with Ulti-

#1:DPS never pulls a boss, unless the Tank wants them to.
#2: Tank always pulls, then DPS rolls out the damage, and always keep an eye on the Aggro.
#3: Watch out for the different Phases in the boss fights, etc.
#4: Loot.

And if you're trying to be DPS, you don't need Viper on, especially if you're downing your damage. Up it, just keep an eye out for Aggro, dur.

D

Deleted member 36435

You do realize that as a Survival hunter I can go from 30% aggro to 100% in two buttons with Dragonhawk on, right? Especially if the tank is horrible like this specific tank was. My pet pulled off him a few times with cower on and growl off. =/

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Epic fail tank. Class of Tank? XD Hope it wasn't a fail DK.... Ran Blood Furnace on my crappy main, 64 Frost Mage. The Gnome Warrior was tanking, and keeping aggro better than the Draenei DK.

And no, I didn't realize that - Never played Hunter;

D

Deleted member 36435

Yeah, the burst DPS from Explosive Shot is insane. Especially under 20% when Kill Shot gets mixed in. I pull 2k DPS with 3 buttons at level 77. It's pretty nice.
He was a Dwarf Paladin.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Gimli will be very, very unhappy. Meh.

WoW's fun, just don't let it get in the way of reality. Pace your time in how much you play; Example - 2 hours a day of WoW. You can set a game timer and everything if you want. However, if you're close to that end of two hours, and you're running an instance, just finish the darn thing.

How you play is up to you, Reader. :D Play Safe & Smart.

And gank those pesky lowbies.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
LOL. But no DPS = Tank + Healer getting wiped by trash mobs that DPS could've taken out.

Mage Power FTW.

D

Deleted member 36435

No DPS = no threat

:D oh mah gawd a discovery
Yeah, I'm sure sitting there doing nothing is better than pulling aggro from a boss in a normal mode instance 2 levels under me.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Totally. Especially when some imbecile whispers you for food and drink in Stormwind. Charging them 20 gold each 1 food/drink gets them to go away, or they answer to Frosty the Water Elemental and my Gnome Mage.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Yeah, I'm sure sitting there doing nothing is better than pulling aggro from a boss in a normal mode instance 2 levels under me.

Keeping aggro is worse. Then the group falls apart because as a Hunter you will get mauled, so the healer is forced to look after you, and the tank is frantically trying to get back aggro. Generally, its bad.

Z

Zulkir

Totally. Especially when some imbecile whispers you for food and drink in Stormwind. Charging them 20 gold each 1 food/drink gets them to go away, or they answer to Frosty the Water Elemental and my Gnome Mage.

That's just one button for a stack with a little mana as an expense.

Ye olde days I got at least 10 whispers a day "WILL U SUMON ME PL0X U R WARLOK U CN SUMON ME! PL0X!" which required me to get two party members and use a soul shard which was a nuisance to get because lock DoTs sucked monkey ass back then(they got buffed to hell and back in BC though).

In case I said yes, the two party members would be required to simply right click on the channeled portal then do nothing else, if they interrupted, I'd lose a shard and the guy wouldn't get summoned.

Most of the time people didn't understand the concept of "right click the portal, then do NOTHING ELSE" and it'd be 5 something shards before the guy got summoned and 3 whispers of "Y U SUMON SO SLOW?"

I'm glad WoW caused me to grow a spine for these things, a friggin online game made me grow a spine for social nuisances.

Nowdays it's

"Will u summon plz"

Me: Riveting tale chap.

"wut? what are you talking about, just summon don't be asshole"

Me: Ah yes in the old years I remember valiant battles of yore, I wish I had gone down along with my companions instead of retiring into a rot of boredom and booze(didn't type this everytime, just a macro lol).

"wtf are u saying ur not making sense"

Me: Why marvelous, this teacup has just the right amount of sugar and goes well with my monocle.

"okay wutever I get summon from sum1 else".

I can imagine though the food/water whispers can get annoying after a while since people need them much more often.

Playing a Hunter now though, I really wish I could have the cat in my avatar as my pet.

EDIT:Wow leveling as a hunter is ridiculously easy...just..wow, didn't think anything could be easier than a Deaf Knight.

D

Deleted member 36435

I agree that Hunters level ridiculously fast. The damage output is just insane and the pet makes it all sweeter.

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
I was going to make a dwarf as a hunter. My first character is a night elf and she's a druid. I didn't know that hunters leveled up so fast. I wish I had picked that class for my first character so I can level up quicker to get the burning crusade expansion. =)

D

Deleted member 36435

I always say play what you find enjoyable and fun. Nothing else.

D

Deleted member 36435

My 77 Hunter is a Night Elf on Uldum.
My 80 Death Knight is a Orc on Uldum.
My 80 Priest is a Human on Arathor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back