• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

World of Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: World of Final Fantasy - Cuter than your mama's Moogle plush

the boy looks like a little hyperactive, maybe having the dream job to become an advertiser for toothpaste and looking like a Neku/Sora/Roxas-hybrid with a Xehanort-taste in clothing without this actually coming over as negative.

I felt like it was a Xehanort/Noctis/Ven outfit xD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

*dies from cuteness overload*

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Was it confirmed that Nomura is doing the character design for this title? Would explain the similarities you guys mentioned.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Was it confirmed that Nomura is doing the character design for this title? Would explain the similarities you guys mentioned.

Yeah, he is. Nomura being one of the character designers was one of the first things we knew about the game.

Yasuhisa Izumisawa, character designer of the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle games, is also a character designer (which you can see in the Mirage designs).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I felt like it was a Xehanort/Noctis/Ven outfit xD

Now that you mention it I do see some Noctis/Ven similarities too.
The way he's shown nearly always smiling makes me also think that he'll be an upbeat cheery little scrapper like Sora/Ven are.

By the way, I know better to blindly trust Wikis, but on the FF wiki they apparently already have information about the two human protagonists names.
The girl is apparently named "Rain" and the boy is called "Lon" and actually her younger brother.

Lol, the boy's design alone makes me already 99,9% sure that Nomura is the main character designer even before checking. But yes, he's in charge of the design of all the "regular-sized" characters while someone else is responsible for the "Chibi"-designs.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Now that you mention it I do see some Noctis/Ven similarities too.
The way he's shown nearly always smiling makes me also think that he'll be an upbeat cheery little scrapper like Sora/Ven are.

I hope so! I wish we saw more footage of the heroes to get a better idea of how their personalities are.

By the way, I know better to blindly trust Wikis, but on the FF wiki they apparently already have information about the two human protagonists names.
The girl is apparently named "Rain" and the boy is called "Lon" and actually her younger brother.

If you look at the article we posted on FFN on the 25th, you'll see that their official names are Reynn and Lann.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

All right, thanks! Nomura sure makes a lot character designs for Sqaure Enix. Makes me wonder if that man will ever catch a break from all the work he is doing.
Would love to see these characters drawn to paper by Nomura. Guess he would use similar style to KH, and not his serious sharp FF-mode.

The chibi version of the characters are so cute. :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I hope so! I wish we saw more footage of the heroes to get a better idea of how their personalities are.

If you look at the article we posted on FFN on the 25th, you'll see that their official names are Reynn and Lann.

They certainly look promising that's for sure. ^__^
It may be too early to confirm, but if I saw it right Reynn is left handed? At least she seems to wield her dagger (if it is one) with the left and Lann doesn't seem to use a specific weapon at all (Fist Fighter/Monk)?
Then there are also these steel gauntlets both of them wield on a different arm which seem to be not always "active" as in some scenes they seem to have a black "tattoo" on the corresponding arm instead of the gauntlets.

Yea, figured that the wiki has only a mispronounced spelling in their article.

All right, thanks! Nomura sure makes a lot character designs for Sqaure Enix. Makes me wonder if that man will ever catch a break from all the work he is doing.
Would love to see these characters drawn to paper by Nomura. Guess he would use similar style to KH, and not his serious sharp FF-mode.

The chibi version of the characters are so cute. :D

Lol, I doubt Square will let him as despite some prevalent Nomura-bashing on the net especially in western communities, Nomura's work is among the moneymaking stuff in Square's portfolio of products.
Being in charge of mainly character designs is also probably decidedly less of a stressy job than to be director of a whole project I'd think.
Ditto on that, this game is purposely styled to diverge from the more prevalent "sharp" Final Fantasy style that started around FF XII, so official art will most likely also reflect that.

These characters could also make a cameo in KH without any problem as they are very similar to KH characters already.
Difference is though that while Sora & co. belong to Disney, Reynn and Lann are definitely Square-property.

The whole game is a bucket-load of cute all around, I especially can't get over that Vivi-esque bat-like black mage and the baby chocobo with the eggshell...^__^

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

CWbvH-eUEAEll8Q.jpg

Faris confirmed! Also some summoner lady but who cares FARIS!!!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

YYYYUUUUNNNNAAAA!! I can see chibi Yuna in this game!? o_o My dreams have come true!

Muke

whatever
Awards

YYYYUUUUNNNNAAAA!! I can see chibi Yuna in this game!? o_o My dreams have come true!
This here! I am happy about it.

I don't really know if I'll buy the game, since it's turn-based. I can't really play turn-based games on a console. For me, it just feels kind of odd. On handhelds it's fine, really. But I unfortunately won't be able to buy the Vita Version. I don't own one. :I

Let's see how things turn out, though!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Is that black Mage Vivi? I hope it is!

silentmusic16

This has gotta be the most adorably charming game I've seen in a long time. I'm really looking forward to it.

It's hard to explain, but I think the graphical look of the game is absolutely fantastic. This is probably the worst way to put it, but it looks "real" despite the actual art style being unrealistic. Like, the chibi forms, for as deformed as they are, have this soft, in-focus look that's really great. The world/towns look the same.

I'm just not sure if I want it on the Vita or the PS4. It looks like a good game to play portably, in small bursts, but I'm sure we'd get the most out of the look of the game on the PS4.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

This game is so adorable. It's moved from "what the hell is this" at E3 to "I have to purchase this Day 1" at Jump Festa. I'm so excited to play this next year.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Yeah, seeing chibi Yuna, Valefor, Faris, and Syldra has swayed me to get this a lot more tbh haha. I got very excited hearing Faris has a voice as well. I think this would be the first time right? (Maybe she will be in Dissidia so it won't be the last ;) )

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

They need to bring in the English VA's which will pretty much confirm who will voice those in Dissidia. I hope they make the right choice for the older Final Fantasy characters.

I also wonder who else from past games will be in. I'm assuming it's safe to assuming all the main protagonists from the past games will be in it, like Dissidia.

I hope there's a scene where Zack gets hit by a Behemoth and dies in Clouds Chibi arms, to only then wake up and tell Cloud to get a hold of himself.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Laura Bailey for English Faris or bust.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Someone at SE doesn't like reusing VA's for different games. I'm not sure if that applies to just the main numbered series but it could pose an issue for that scenario. Also would be an issue if Serah was in the game as well.

Edit: Well it didn't stop her from voicing Cloud of Darkness prior to Serah so I guess fair game for all.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Oh my god, that trailer was cuteness in pure form! I loved it so much! It has this goofy and heartwarming atmosphere around it. Loved when the other protagonist grew taller and the motel owner was just o_o.
And Faris! Chibi Yuna stole my attention, but now that I have been playing FFV I can`t belive I did not recognize Faris. Really glad that she is here too. Now hoping character from VI, VIII and IX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back