• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

World is Mine Live in HD sung by a hologram of a famous character

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
I did not see this in the forum yet if it is then close this up.

Hatsune Miku is a rising star in Japan and abroad, singing catchy J-pop that matches her blue-green hair. She’s also a virtual avatar created by Crypton Media using Yamaha’s Vocaloid voice synthesizer. That hasn’t stopped her from amassing a legion of fans who really love her work. I mean really love it. Check out the crowd frantically waving glow-sticks and singing along with Hatsune Miku as she appears via a ‘3D hologram’. The mid-range shots of the crowd with Miku in the background also show how great her ‘hologram’ appears live on stage. Close-ups do reveal a bit of pixelation. The high definition quality only goes to show that Hatsune Miku, and other virtual rockers on the rise, can hold their own against their real-world counterparts. Who knows, maybe these software singers will grow to dominate the world of music. After all, human pop stars already seem like they were created in a science lab, why not just take the next step?

If the video doesn't appear then hit this link: YouTube - World is Mine Live in HD (1080p 1920 x 1080)

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
This is some wicked awesome technology, Japan never ceases to impress.

I'm interested to see how their pop culture and technology will further co-relate in the future, heck, they even have a robot actress now

Davey

durp.
That is just...insane. It's so weird to think of the stuff they're coming up with.

And people in America are freaking out over artists auto-tuning themselves...

Last edited:

Grey

So it's a 3D avatar on a flat screen? That's not quite as impressive as an actual hologram, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something here.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Calling her a "rising" star is a bit of an understatement.

Anyway, kinda cool. Still not a huge Vocaloid fan.

I know, I'm a terrible otaku.

Also, I wouldn't exactly call it a hologram. It looks more like a very well-done model being displayed on a transparent screen. It's a step in the right direction though.

EDIT: Actually, looking more closely; it seems like a group of screens that show different angles, creating the image.

Last edited:

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
That is amazing.
Even though this is a fake anime star, just imagine what we could do ever more in the future.
We could see Michael Jackson perform on a stage again, Elvis, the possibilities are limitless.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
I didn't write the article I just copied and pasted. Yes it is considered a hologram, its just not what us as people watching sci-fi flics expect as a hologram. They use the screen she is projected towards as a way to keep her in a full image, if the just projected her out into the crowd she would appear as just a bunch of light. They are considering letting the US have a turn at this technology.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
That is amazing.
Even though this is a fake anime star, just imagine what we could do ever more in the future.
We could see Michael Jackson perform on a stage again, Elvis, the possibilities are limitless.

This idea interests me very much, although I an see some people taking offense to it.

Heck, for symphonies performing music from perhaps a videogame, anime, and so forth, the potential animations could be amazing

Oh, and perhaps further into the future I have only one thing to say: Yu-Gi-Oh

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
So it's a 3D avatar on a flat screen? That's not quite as impressive as an actual hologram, but maybe I'm misunderstanding something here.

You aren't giving this enough credit. Just looking at how they staged the entire thing is beautiful. Its just the character. No background. It gives the effect of a 3D person. Its like she is actually on stage. Not to mention how realistic she looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back