• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

~- World Heist -~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~ Something You’ve Never Heard Of ~

The flames were licking up the walls, cloaking the windows to feed its never ending hunger; past the flames, it was a sixty foot drop, and none of them were advanced enough to survive that distance. No escape that way. The door wasn't much better; a rain of bullets and an almost certain death sentence lay in that direction. And if not death, imprisonment and slavery, which might as well be worse than departing this mortal coil.

A vicious snarl ripped its way through his teeth as he spun around, trying to find a way out of what was quickly becoming a very air tight trap. The only thing he could think of...

"There!' he coughed, trying to clear the smoke out of his lungs. Drawing the attention of the other three to the air vent half-way up the wall, he continued, "That's our ticket out of here."

"Are you crazy? The girls could get in there, maybe me. But you? Ain't happening!"

"Do you have a better idea?" He growled, glaring at the smaller boy. "Listen, only chance you three have is that air shaft."

"What about you? You don't plan on dying here, do you?"

"I'll bust out one of the windows and get out that way. I've got enough control that I can save myself by turning just before hitting the ground." Giving up on being gentle, he grabbed the smallest girl's hand and started pulling her towards the vent. "But I can't save my own rear if I've gotta worry about you three." Yanking off the cover, he hauled first one girl, then the other up.

Turning to the other boy, he hissed in a barely audible whisper, "Keep those two safe, got it? You don't, so help me, I'm gonna have your hide, and your abilities won't help you." Getting a quick nod from him, he helped him up, then snapped a quick, "Now get out of here!" before slipping the cover back on the vent.

Okay, now came the fun part. He wasn't too worried about getting out; there was one window that had fewer flames around it, so he knew he could get through it easy. The only thing was, he'd lied when he said he had enough control. He'd been practicing, and he'd gotten loads better in just a short time, but he didn't know if he could do it in this kind of pinch...

The door came crashing in, and the first agent entered the room. Too late to think, he was out of time. A long legged stride had him across the room in a flash, and he dove through the window. Glass shattered all around him, shining like small, brilliant stars as the shards winked their way to the ground. He felt a strange tugging sensation just above and below his left eye, right before his head exploded in pain. There he was, falling through the air, a trail of blood winking behind him, trying to clear his head enough so he could change before he killed himself.

He should have known this wouldn't work out like it did in the movies.

Kiba bolted up, coughing, acrid smoke burning his nose and lungs; his head was killing him and his eye throbbed like he got hit with a sledge hammer. Muttering a soft threat, he slid out of bed, heading for the bathroom and the Excedrin. This was the fourth time he’d had that dream in the last six weeks; and every time, the smoke and headache had followed him from the realm of sleep into the waking world.

After gulping down a couple of the migraine pills, he hopped in the shower, dialing it to the coldest water he could stand. The dream was getting more intense; even the heat of the flames had followed him this time

The spray rained down on his back, a cool river that slowly washed away the scent of smoke and fear. As the muscles in his back eased their tension, his mind began going over what was going on for about the millionth time, starting with the letter.

Kiba Frost and Cheza St. Clair

You are expected to check into the Bellagio Hotel about one hour after your flight has landed. Your room is 424A. You are to be at room 305C by 8:10. Failure to be on time will result in the loss of your job offer and the college scholarship offered to you both. You can do whatever you desire. Just know that if you do anything illegal, you are on your own. We will not bail you out. These gifts of yours are very special. But without training, they can be dangerous. Try not to use them until we have spoken.

That letter was the first thing that had gotten him and Cheza started on this outrageous venture. The scholarship was for a ridiculous sum, so of course the two of them were going to go and check it out. So, that led them to fly from a quiet suburb just a couple miles from Memphis to crazy town Las Vegas. And what did they find there? Well, a man with an even crazier job offer for not only Kiba and Cheza, but a bunch of other kids.

“And here we are. Finally got all you rounded up. I take it you all made it here safely and had no complications. I am sure you all are wondering why I have called you here on this lovely day. I am also sure you have questions that no one has been able to answer and you felt that this may be the place you could finally get what you wanted.

"Sadly today will not be the day you will know those answers. For I do not know them myself. But what I do know is that each and everyone of you is special and unlike you I know how to utilize special things. For example this mission I am about to send you on will allow you to use your abilities.

“I need you to break into the Louvre and get something that belongs to me. Obviously, this is the Louvre. What is not obvious is the heightened security that is surrounding this place. I sent a team there last week and they never returned. Then again they were not as special as you group of people. Some of you are young and some of you older, however, this means nothing when it comes to this job. What matters is that you have a gift. A gift that my last team didn’t have. I believe those gifts can be utilized in this mission.

“How in the hell did I acquire the knowledge to know you had a gift? Lets just say that I got my hands on some nifty technology that allows me to find special individuals such as you. I am glad I got my hands on it. How do I know you guys won’t try to back out of this? Because, here you are finally understood and among others who are just like you. Of course a few of you already knew each other, but now you get to grow closer among “Friends”. That is how I know you are not going anywhere. Some of you were shunned by your communities for being socially awkward freaks. Some of you have been searching for that answer to your problem….or your blessing. You want to increase your abilities or just understand them better. Trust me, this will allow you to reach your goals. You can do whatever you wish to do with the rewards from this mission.

“Now what do I need you to get?” He then showed a picture of the object in question. It was the Mona Lisa.

“I know what you may be thinking. ‘Why that?’ Well because I have always been fascinated by this piece of art. So I want it. Simple as that. And you are going to get it for me. Of course you will need the proper training and skills in order to get it. But since you we need this to go under way fast you will be trained our way..

The Mona Lisa. Kiba, Cheza and all these other kids were in Paris to steal Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, a feat that hadn’t been accomplished since 1911. Getting out of the shower, he grabbed a towel and started drying his hair, still lost in thought. They’d been casing the Louvre; the security was staggering, and that was just the guards. They were still doing a few last minute assessments of the tech and the bullet proof glass that surrounded the painting. It was shaping up to be a daunting, if not outright impossible, task. Why did these guys think they could do it? The kenisis thing? Kiba had abilities, fine. But so far, it seemed the sum of these abilities was healing himself under moonlight and waking up from his dreams with smoke in his lungs. Even with the training…

Kiba stopped, black hair and white towel falling in his face as he glanced at his watch on the counter. The hands read 8:45 A.M.

“Shit!” Training started everyday at ten to nine; he was gonna be late for sure! Throwing the towel on the counter, he hauled his clothes on in record time; grabbing his jacket as he raced for the door, he slipped from his room into Cheza’s. Doing a quick spin, he realized that she wasn’t in there.

Figuring she’d already gone down to the training arena, he raced out of the room, nearly flying down the stairs, one flight after another.

Finally flinging open the doors to the training room, Kiba raced in, only putting on the brakes at the last second. Leaning over to catch his breath for a second, his gaze quickly traveled up the wall that was before him. Blue eyes widening in surprise, he quickly found the gap in the twenty foot wall. The gap went in for about thirty feet before taking a sharp turn left and disappearing into shadow. Remembering the pattern on the floor, he realized what he was looking at.

Turning to his right, Kiba saw the blond girl, Siam standing there. But he couldn’t see Cheza. There was someone else missing too…

“What’s with the maze, Siam? Do you have any idea where Cheza is? And while we’re at it with the questions, where’s Sync? I don’t see your partner in crime anywhere…”

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- It's Too Close for Comfort -~

Siam titled her head back, washing conditioner from blonde hair, tapping her foot in time to the rhythm of the song pounding from the speakers of the CD player she'd put in the bathroom. She ignored the images flashing through her mind; she didn't need that craziness on top of everything else. Feeling the last of the hot water fade, Siam exhaled in disappointment.

Why did the heat have to leave so soon? I was enjoying it, she thought, as she reaching back to turn the shower off. Stepping out, she grabbed a towel off the counter and dried off. At least we were able to grab some of our things; Sync would've been mad if he wasn't able to, she mused silently.

She glanced at the small clock on the stereo and paled. 8:44 A.M. A curse escaping her, Siam threw the soaked towel to the floor and hastily pulled on her clothes, grabbing her gloves on the way out. Her feet made a soft thump, thump as they hit the carpeted floor of the hall.

Skidding into the training room, she caught her breath before glancing at the time. A semi-smile touching her lips, Siam straightened and headed toward the entrance before hearing a noise behind her. Whirling to greet the person, she stared at Kiba and instantly noticed his damp hair.

"What’s with the maze, Siam? Do you have any idea where Cheza is? And while we’re at it with the questions, where’s Sync? I don’t see your partner in crime anywhere…"

Shrugging her shoulders, Siam answered calmly, "I don't know where Cheza or Sync are, but I do know that we're supposed to go inside that maze for training." Glancing at his still damp hair, she teased, "Slept in again, Kiba? You're horrible on that front, you know."

Turning on her heel, she headed toward the and called, "Come on!" before running into the maze, rounding the first corner before she slowed down and glanced over her shoulder.

"Okay, now where to?" She mumbled, taking in everything around her. Siam froze as speakers crackled to life.

"Attention trainees: Your objective today is to get to the center, the heart if you will; of the maze. There you will find a small, spinning sphere; take it. As you make your way through the, you'll not only come across the others, but will also encounter harder, more difficult puzzles. They are meant to test your knowledge that you have gained over the past six weeks; you will encounter security cameras, pressure sensitive tiles and lasers, to name just a few. To pass these puzzles you must use your kinesis to help yourself and your allies.

"You have thirty minutes, those who fail will be aborted from the mission."

Surprised, Siam nearly bolted forward when Kiba called out to her. Turning around, she nodded and took off running again; not at all surprised that Kiba was able to keep up. "Come on, we've got to find the others and get through this, Kiba," she commented lightly, a strange, wild light in her blue eyes.

The speakers crackled with one more announcement that sounded almost like an after thought. "Note: You may start off solo or join together with the person next to you. How you approach this is entirely your choice."

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
"A multitude of traps, eh? Nothing I can't handle."

He says this, but even he's a little worried about the pressure plates. Regardless of his worries he quickly rolls the sleeves of his shirt up past his elbows and alters how her perceives light. At that point everything quickly loses most colors and takes on various shakes of red. With his sight now in place he takes a few steps forward into the maze and looks around for any source of heat. He easily spots a few sources, but they are too far off to really be of any concern at the moment. Regardless, he decides to take precautions just in case they happen to be cameras. He focuses on the light being reflected off of his body and send it else where. To anyone that happens to be watching this, he appears to simply fade away into nothingness leaving not even a shadow in his wake.

He finally looks over his body to see if he did everything correctly and makes a mental note to activate his vision after he decides to go invisible. It's only then that he notices that he is losing focus and once again becomes visible. He sighs at the development and realizes that he himself still needs to practice more with having multiple abilities active at once. He eventually just shrugs his failure off and decides to make his way through until he remembers an old trick to solving something like this. He looks at the wall and sees no source of heat so he decides that it's okay for him to place his hand on it. With his hand now in place he begins to walk once more, thinking of ways to make it easier for him to be invisible while he has some sort of vision active. Those two are perfect for each other.

luna008

Dawn yawned as she listened to the message, it really didn't matter to her, any sound that showed up gray wasn't very important. Well, it probably was but Dawn had gotten tired of listening to those anocments. She heard something about a maze, getting to the middle, getting something or another, and maybe meeting up with the others. It didn't really matter to her if she met up with the others or not. The past six weeks, she hadn't really talked to any of them. She was friendly to them, and did have a little small chat with a few of them, but hadn't really made friends with any of them. Maybe today she would? Only time could tell.

As for the challange today, she caught something about having to use her powers. For the past few weeks she had been reling on her own physical abilites instead of her powers. Of course, when all you can do is heal and see and just a tiny bit control sound waves. So much power...actually, she hadn't used her power since she got here, and one of the guys shot her in the arm to show her she really had healing powers. As for her sonokensis, all she could do was make small waves that could cut thin things. Once again, so much power...

Truth be told, she didn't know if she wanted to met up with someone. If the challanges just got harder each time you met up with someone, wouldn't she be more of a burden for whoever she met up with? Wouldn't it just be easier for everybody if she went on her own? Well, for now she would just go on her own way.

"Here I come!" Dawn yelled as she ran into the maze.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
-Fun with lasers-

Aby was lost.

Very. Very. Lost.

It wasn't too much of a surprise however, not really. She'd been born with zero sense of direction and six weeks of training had done nothing to break a lifelong issue.

Training.

They were being trained so they could go off and steal the Mona lisa. Somehow this ragtag group of kids with nifty powers was supposed to steal one of the most heavily guarded paintings on the planet. Sure they'd improved leaps and bounds since the actual training began that month and a half ago but were they ready for such a heist? Aby wasn't so sure. She'd kept her distance from most of them during this training, preferring to do things her own way and focus on learning how to not die because the training really would kill a person if they weren't careful, it must have been these guy's way of weeding out the weak.

Like poor Dray and that unfortunate exercise with the noodles. Sure he'd been a jerk to various people, had a holier than thou attitude and in retrospect totally had it coming, but no one deserved that particular, humiliating (and slightly comical) fate.

It had made sure that the rest of the recruits paid attention to whatever assignment they were given. That was for sure.

Aby sighed as she came to a halt. There was supposed to be a multitude of traps and puzzles in this maze but it felt like Aby had merely been walking around in circles! Was she so terrible at finding things she couldn't even get caught in the dangerous traps this maze was supposed to be peppered with? and what happened to the others? How were they doing in this maze? Shaking her head Aby continued to walk before coming to a turn and stopping dead.

There was a flash of light as red lasers shot down from the ceiling and onto the ground in a complicated web like pattern. Lasers like you would see guarding valuable artifacts and they set off an alarm when you touched them. Obviously the goal was to make it through these lasers without touching them. On a hunch, Aby pulled out a spoon she had nabbed from breakfast (could she help it she had a thing for shiny stuff?) and tossed it at the beams. Proving her right the spoon melted on contact.

Lovely.

"Come to Vegas they said. It'll be fun they said. Live out your dreams they said. Well personally i've never dreamed about LASERS KILLING ME" Aby growled before huffing and trying to figure out what to do. On the other side there was clearly a switch that turned off the lasers and they were just small enough so that something tiny might just be able to hop through them.

It clicked and Aby wanted to smack herself.

The whole point of these puzzles was to test themselves. That was obvious. But as they each made it through the traps and deactivated them it opened up a path so the rest could go on. Meaning that each test was specifically designed for certain people. Which was probably why they were all going in at separate times. It also explained why Aby hadn't come across any traps until now. They had already been solved.

"When I find who the joker was who thought it would be a good idea to make me jump through lasers i'm clawing his eyes out" grumbled Aby as she let her body shift and contort into her cat form.

A part of her wondered what sort of adventures her housecat was having at this very moment.

Hunching her shoulders, Aby hopped forwards, making a silent deal with whatever divine entity was up there that if she somehow made it through this she'd start going to church more often.

Hop, skid, hop, jump, OUCH (one of the beams grazed her tail, burning it a little and causing her to yowl in pain), leap, curse, jump, freedom.

Aby phased back into her human form and patted her stinging but as she shot a filthy look at the lasers and shut them off with the switch. Turning around she stared at the path ahead and wondered if she'd meet anyone soon or if she'd be alone to deal with this cleverly designed maze.

The only way to know was to start walking. Which she did, determination in her eyes.

She would get through this.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
What a pain, Yuria thought as she pushed her glasses to a proper position. She thought about the words coming from the speakers. Security cameras; she spotted some up ahead. Pressure sensitive tiles; she looked at the floor. She clearly wasn't going to know how unless she takes the risk. And lasers?

...How far will my hair take me? She wondered.

Yuria, good luck! You know you can do it! She thought.

Who am I kidding? How am I going to go past this and oh my God, maybe...

Maybe she was going to die here, if anything that happened in this maze was deathly. Despite all her thoughts, which bothered her quite strongly, her lips were a thin line as she stared straight ahead. She thought about taking a step forward, maybe even two. She wouldn't know until she tried, and she probably wouldn't be able to go home until she did. At times she regretted coming here, but thinking about the fact that she would be working under that annoying boss pushed away her regrets.

She grasped a few strands of hair, took out a pair of scissors and cut her hair off. The moment she took a few steps, she saw the head of a camera turn to face her. Assuming that being caught on camera was a bad thing, she took the clump of hair in her hand that was manipulated to be as hard and heavy as a rock, and threw it at the camera that was in her range, breaking the glass and lens and making it useless. She had no idea how she was going to get through this. She probably wasn't a solo person.

Would anyone help poor little me? She thought in mock despair as she swiftly made her way through the maze. It wouldn't be long until she met the lasers and the pressure sensitive tiles, and then she could very well be stuck. She fiddled with her glasses just for security, and treaded on.

She tested the floors by pulling out strands of her hair, making them heavier, and then dropping them on the floor. So far so good, she thought. But it was not long until she reached those pressure sensitive tiles when she dropped a strand of heavy hair and a tile fell into a bottomless pit. She cringed inwardly. Testing the other tiles, she noticed that not all of them were the same.

Six weeks of training had at least made her capable of manipulating her hair better than she was before she came here. She jumped onto a safe tile, and tested the tiles around her. Some exploded, others fell into bottomless pits. What is this? WHAT IS THIS? I'M GOING TO BE A DEAD WOMAN! She screamed in her mind, though she looked completely calm on the exterior. She jumped on another safe tile, when she spotted a beam of red light in the distance. She was not near the vicinity of the lasers yet, but she would be, and she trembled in fear.

Run for it! She told herself mentally.
No, no! That's reckless and dangerous! I would definitely die!
Maybe you really will die in the end, harhar.

...I really should not joke with myself right now.

Abhorsen

Yumi stepped through the door and readied herself for the maze they had been sent into to navigate through and find the center. She had been stopped prior to entering and was pulled aside by an official. She was informed that she had come a long way but her powers now being put to use were fluzuating and were at risk of getting out of hand. He told her that she was required to wear a special suit that would alarm her of any flux in power and the amount of power she was outputting at the time. He went on to explain that the screen on her arm would show her heart rate, her blood pressure, and alarm her by jolting her wrist with a small shock on the occasion that her powers were not under her control. At her hips we two specially designed items that allow her to make heavier or lighter by feeding her power into them. Doing this will allow her to tilt her body left and right when she had entered flight. Lastly, the ear piece was simply an earpiece to alarm her verbally if the armpiece were to fail in getting her attention. She nodded and asked a few questions. He politely answered and she asked that he disable the shock in the wrist tech. She explained that she was no lab rat and that if they wanted her help the least that they could do would be to make the tech to suit her not restrain her. He nodded and disabled the shock regulator. She then nodded and went into a small room and changed into the suit.

Moving through the maze so far wasnt too bad, although she was just starting out. She had stepped on a pressure plate and activated tranquilizer darts that shot at her. She nimbly dodged them by simply jumping forward and out of range. Her gravitational abilities made her extremely agile. Moving on she rounded a corner that had seemed a bit larger than the last. What that meant was that this area was rigged. She was not sure how but the size difference told her that. To avoid the floor she reduced her weight and lifted off the ground as she pushed off with her the tips of her toes. Floating slowly she watched everything around her ready to make the walls collapse of crumble the ceiling above to make a hasty escape. Slowly and surely she passed the trap laden area and landed back on her feet about twelve yards away. Curious as to what the trap was she use a concussion blast in the middle of the area. The ceiling fell, more like it squished the area that she had just left. There was a pressurized floor in that area. If activated it would activate the steel plate that was the ceiling and the ceiling that was powered by a compressor would basically mash whomever into a pancake. 'Lovely' thought Yumi as she kept moving. Ahead, she heard someone curse. It sounded like a girl. Yumi carefully moved forward. and rounded another corner to see a young woman about her age standing in front of a plethera of lasers. They hadn't really talked before but according to the announcement she was allowed to pair up so.. she would try. The woman transformed into a cat and hopped through the lasers singing her tail a bit as she navigated through them. Yumi watched as the woman deactivated the lasers and reverted back to human form patting her butt where she had been burned a bit. Yumi chuckled at the humor in it as she walked over to the woman and introduced herself. "Hi, my name is Yumi. Whats yours?"

Last edited:

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
TICK TOCK.
'Great.' Zack muttered after another ten seconds were gone. Soon this thing would explode and he'd go with it. He'd tried slowing his perception of time and closely inspecting the numerous wires inside the bomb, but he hadn't made any progress that way. From all the shows he had seen they had to cut a red wire. All of the wires were red.
'Think Zack, think!' He said to himself.
He couldn't just run away as fast as possible, because the bomb would bring down a long segment of the ceiling with it, crushing Zack and anyone near him.

He stared at the bombs inside furiously looking for some way to deactivate it.
TICK TOCK.
There were thirty seconds remaining on the timer, and it seemed that this bomb wouldn't be stopped.
Zack cursed, then desperately shifted the wres inside the bomb to its side in case their was something behind them.
There was.

A thing made of metal, a joint in the middle so both parts of it could have their angles moved. The two bits of metal would move into eachother, then out again, each time making the timer take a second off its current time. Or in Zack's perspective, four seconds.
'Why Zack, you are a legend indeed.' He told himself. 'But you still need a way to stop the two things meeting eachother. Hmm.' There wasn't much to work with. Zack only had a pen with him, and it was out of ink.
'Wait a second!' Zack completely slowed his perception of time, making each second 0.1 of a second. He took the lid of the pen and put it into the joint between the two pieces of metal, then put then pen back in the lid and started pushing down furiously, wearing down the metal.

After some time, which would be roughly ten seconds in normal time, Zack broke the two parts of metal apart. Commanded by a thought, his perception of time returned to normal and Zack let out a sigh of relief as the numbers were removed from the small screen on the bomb.
'Lives saved: As many as there are the people in my radius. Satisfaction: Uncomprehendable.' Zack chuckled slightly then sighed.
Why chuckle when there is more things here that can kill you, Zack?
He took his pen out of the bomb and put it back in his pocket, then started walking.

'I absolutely hate mazes.'

luna008

A dreay grey sigh appeared before Dawn's eyes right before she crashed into the owner of it. They landed near from what Dawn could tell was a deactivated bomb.

"Ow..." She said as she sat up, "Sorry about that, wasn't watching were I was going. I guess i got a bit carried away!" Dawn laughed and offered her recent run over victum her hand, "I'm Dawn, my powers are healing and sound, its a pleasure to meet you! Do you need someone to come with you or are you the "I'm a loner" type?" It was still true that she wasn't sure if she wanted to team up with someone with the chance of the puzzles getting harder, but as Dawn went through the first few puzzles, she realised it probably wouldn't be to bad of a thing to have two heads thinking on a puzzle then one. Even if the puzzle was really hard, just two people might be able to solve it. Or atleast, thats what the logic Dawn had was telling her.

"Oh! And what's you're name and powers?" Dawn asked when she realized that she had completly forgotten to ask the poor flatened guy those things.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Rai immediately laughed at the maze that he was now stuck in. These guys must have been literally off their rocker to think that this was that much of a test for the young super hacker. Not only had he been helping with the tech around the place but, he knew just what to do in a situation like this. Winging it was his style and it fit what this perdicament quite well. He leaned off the wall and started walking like he had no care in the world. There wasn't much to be worried about besides deadly floor traps, laser, and bombs. Rai would be the one to see this as his excitement for the day. Lucky for him, he had been partying all week in Vegas so, if he did die here then he went out with a bang.

Coming to a corner, a broken camera sat up high. It either meant that something bad was gonna happen or someone had come this way. Suddenly the sound of small explosions rang out through the corridor. No one liked the sound of that nor did Rai. He jolted around the corner neary stepping on a bottomless tile. A vision of beautiness stood atop a tile before a few lasers. She was quite lovely and Rai was pretty much attracted. He had seen her before and learned that her name was Yuria. "Excuse me? Looks like you might need some help. Seems better to work together." The man commented while following her path of none destroyed tiles, "Hello. The name's Raitei."

HyperShadic

Awards
Emil kept glancing at the walls as he ran down along one of the many hallways of the maze. Who would have guessed a maze would be so confusing, he thought sarcastically to himself. He had no idea where he was or where to go. He stopped and kicked a wall, which he immediately regretted as pain shot through the foot. "Hmmm.... ", he mused, "maybe running almost full tilt into a maze wasn't the best plan of action." He shrugged as he came up to a laser array. "No reason to worry about that now. What's done is done," he muttered, staring at the laser array. No doubt this was made for someone else, but Emil didn't have that luxury at the moment. "Let's see what happens if it gets diluted," Emil said glancing around to make sure no one could see him. He sat down and focused as the pint of water that he wrapped around his arm before he entered the maze left him and went over to one of the laser emitters and tried to spread the focused light out to a less focused beam. It didn't have any foreseeable affects he had hoped for. "Darn. I thought that might work? What's wrong with me," he asked himself with mock anger. The water came back and rapped around his arm. It was hot but he gritted his teeth against the pain, his mind going back to his old life.

He spent what he felt was an hour in memory lane and looked at 'his test' again. He saw the control box and immediately got another idea. Sending out his pint of water he managed to get it to the control box and short out some of the lasers. Now it was only a matter of not getting burnt from the other lasers. Carefully and slowly he made his way past the lasers and made it to the control box. He drew the water out of the console and proceeded to shut the lasers down. He punched the air as a door near him slid down. "Alright! That's how I roll," he stopped his celebration and checked if he could see anyone.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
After taking what he thinks to be the millionth turn, Garfield notices a slight heat signature on the ground taking the shape of footprints. Eventually these prints lead him to two people conversing with one another, or rather one person asking the girl if she wants to team up. Gar quickly deactivates his thermal vision and looks to the others again. It's then that he realizes just why the man has a higher temperature than a normal person. The girl was beautiful! It's then that the man introduces himself as Raitei. Garfield himself walks forward a bit to reveal himself only to notice that he steps on a switch that nearly slices him in half with lasers. He just sighs at this little development and reaches towards one of the sources of light.

With a little bit of concentration the laser just passes through his hand even as he grips the object. With just a bit more concentration he sends a wave of radiation, microwaves to be exact, through the device and watches as it stops doing what it does best. He does this for each of the emitters and steps forward to the two, this time keeping his thermal vision active so that he might detect any of the other traps. He finally smiles to the two people standing before him and decides to great them. "Hello there. I'm Garfield. If you two want, we can all team up. I can find and disarm some traps while you guys disarm others. The lasers are any easy fix, but the pressure plates might be a bit tricky."

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Believe it or not, Charlotte had somehow gotten VERY close to the center of the maze. She had done it in record time; yes, you would think this would be victory, but the thing is, she didn't know where the hell she was. She felt like she was going in circles, avoiding traps and triggering some, she heard voices but couldn't locate the source. She had found herself back at the start, back to where she was, and she was getting quite dizzy. She even tried doing that 'mark where you were' thing, but lord knew how many times she did that and ended up in the same place.

"I'm lost..." She said to herself, stopping for a moment on what she knew was a safe tile--well, it was her sixteenth time coming through this one hallway--and watched the little snow crystal hover beside her, keeping close. "This place is much too big, too big." She placed her hands on her hips, letting out a long, dragged out sigh. She wished she could have at least met someone along the way, but alas, she somehow encountered no one.

The entire thing was ridiculous for her. Training? Stealing? Manipulating? She shouldn't have ever agreed to any of this, but here she was. She didn't want to be the last one, but she couldn't for the life of her know where she was. She looked at her two options: forward or back. She had just come for the back part, having run into a dead end and had retraced her steps. Obviously, the only choice was forward right? Thing is, that was a way she didn't recognize, and was a little timid towards having to test out for traps all over again.

"Oh, just...go!" She encouraged herself, patting her cheeks. The snowflake gave a small glow in response, though followed her regardless of how antsy she was. Stepping very carefully onto a tile she winced as she waited for a reaction. Opening her eyes, she eagerly hopped onto the tile, but she had celebrated much too early--the tile gave way, and she let out a scream as she fell. She hit something hard and was lifted up immediately, gasping for air as she tried to regain her composure. She was floating on a pool of crystals that had somehow manifested without her even trying!

"Okay...I'm okay...I'm okay..." She tried to laugh it off, but ended up staying quiet.

This was not going to be fun.

Last edited:

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Yuria looked ahead of her and dreaded the upcoming traps and whatever else that was going to come her way. She ran her hands down her silky straight hair as she contemplated on quitting or moving forward, when she heard footsteps from behind her. She froze. What if there were unexpected traps which involved mad people chasing after her?

I have to run. I have to run but...what if I get shot by the lasers, or fall into a bottomless pit, or die in an explosion, or maybe even trip and fall and land on my head and get a concussion and--

"Hello. The name's Raitei."

Her eyes looked up at the man's pleasant face, and her cheeks warmed up in embarrassment. Stop being silly, Yuria! You're obviously just exaggerating about everything. She chided herself mentally as she looked up at him. She remembered that his name was Yasamuri, but not that his first name was Raitei, although that was the same with everyone else. She remembers everyone's last names only. She also noticed that he was rather attractive, and her cheeks turned a visible red as she broke eye contact with him out of shyness.

Is this what they call 'Ikemen'? She thought excitedly. What luck to bump into this guy! But no, I shouldn't be too happy. Maybe he just needs help too, and once he gets it, he'll be on his way again. Wait, but it's the same for me, isn't it? I just need help. Then again, I don't even know if I want to be here anymore!

She realized then there was a long moment of silence that probably made Raitei wonder what Yuria was thinking about. She cast her eyes to the floor when Garfield introduced himself and offered his help as well. Her eyes widened ever so slightly, staring at the new member. What is this turn of event? I didn't think God would be so helpful to me now! And look at him, Yuria! He looks like an Ikemen too! Yuria darted her eyes between the two men. Despite all her thoughts, her face remained the same, unexpressive self. Even so, her lips quivered slightly to return a sense of friendliness. If anything, it would be a good idea to be friendly.

"Yu-Yuria." She said softly, pushing her glasses on her properly, even though she avoided eye contact from them. Bowing as she normally would when meeting new people, she did it so suddenly and rigidly that her hair fell to cover her face, making her look a little creepy. "Please take care of me." She mumbled. She looked at the two of them for a second, then cast her eyes to the floor once again.

"I...I'm stuck." She said in embarrassment.

...I'm so uncool.

Last edited:

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
It was sad to say but, Rai was a sucker for long hair and glasses. It was a great coincidence that this chick had both. It wasn't uncommon in the least that many women had long hair and glasses but, more so that one would be here in a maze working with him. Rai kinda just stood there with his hands in his pockets, waiting for an answer for giving his name and offereing assistance. Not much was said as the silence grew though the look on Yuria's face kinda gave things away. Reading body language wa something expected of a Karate black belt so, Rai was very proficient at it.

Garfield's appearance came about rather well as it would take some help to get through certain traps. Rai's elelctricity couldn't do everything seeing as he wasn't an expert yet. His eyes shifted to the floor below as another tile fell into the pit below. "Well i'm down for the help. I can handle the security cameras and I'll probably be able to handle the pressure plates. Idk yet." Rai responded quickly while he ran his hand through his hair. Looking back at Yuria, who had said her name finally, Rai just smiled at her as he heard her mumble. She may have thought that that they wouldn't be able to understand but, the young thunder user heard her almost clearly.

"Don't worry. I'll watch over you. Hey Gar, Can ya get these lasers out of here so we can move on?" Rai stared past the lasers with little care as to the objective beyond truthfully.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Disadvantage -~

Sync turned a corner and frowned behind his sunglasses. Where am I now? he thought, more than a little annoyed by his predicament. He had a headache that wouldn't quit, and no matter what he did it hurt. Moving hurt, breathing hurt; just trying to think hurt. He would have wanted to die, but he probably would've screwed that up and made that hurt too.

Closing his eyes, he felt his gift over wind kick in. "I thought it was seeing eye dogs, not wind." He mumbled. Sync followed the breeze around another corner only to hesitate; he felt like he was being watched. "Cut the wires," he whispered. He smiled as the wind rushed forward.

Opening his eyes again, Sync watched the cameras go dead and continued on his way; fighting with the migraine. "Hello? Is anyone near by?" he called, wincing as his words came back to him. Scanning his surroundings for any more booby traps as he slid his foot forward, Sync nearly cursed when the floor started to crumble.

Scrambling backwards, Sync stared at the empty space in front of him. Are they trying to kill us? he thought, inching closer he almost took the shades off only to decide against it. Looking around, he knew that he could get across it with his wind affinity; but what if someone else came by and needed help? Depending who it was, he couldn’t manage two people at the same time; especially if it was someone bigger than him.

A quick throb of pain reminded the teen of his headache; like he could have forgotten it? Groaning, he would have hit his head against the stone wall, but it would have only hurt more. Sync stared at the puzzle, trying to figure out what to do. "I knew I should've stayed back in my room, but did I listen to myself? No, I came here anyway."

Hearing a noise behind him, Sync whipped around to face them (instantly regretting the sudden movement). He called out, "Cheza? Is that you?" Scanning his surroundings, he tried to figure out what caused the noise; if it wasn’t Cheza, he just hoped it was friendly. Though knowing these people; hell, he had no idea what to think, except that this was starting to look like more and more of a bad idea…

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
The next thing Zack knew he was flat on the ground, a girl standing above him. He'd seen the girls lips move to form words, but he'd only heard her name, powers and question.
'My name?' Zack said, he hadn't had anyone from this group ask his name yet. 'It's Zack Farwell. I have two abilities, but I only know the name of the first one, which is Chronokenisis.'
He wasn't going to tell Dawn that he had the power to change her memories, it would only deter people from wanting to be by his side.
'I could use all the help I can get at the moment, I don't like the idea of going through a maze designed for Kenisis-using people by myself if I only have two powers. There's much more than two traps in this maze, I can assure you that.' He got to his feet and cracked his knuckles.
'Let's get moving.'

He was lucky he took the first step instead of Dawn, otherwise the girl would have died within the span of a few seconds.
Zack had slowed his perception of time before he took the step, which allowed him to notice a small click in the ground and the tile he was standing on sink slightly. He'd jumped back instantly, having his arms out wide to make sure dawn didn't keep moving while cursing at the same time.
The walls on both sides of the tile had moved together as soon as the pressure plate was pushed, killing whoever was inbetween them. The walls force and speed would be more than enough to kill anyone, but then again Zack wasn't just anyone, this is Zack Farwell we're talking about. He turned his perception of time back to normal and immediately felt the same sensation he always felt when changing his perception.

'Okay, what should we do now, Dawn?' as he said that he analised the tile he had stepped on and noticed the slight slope between it and the normal tiles. The tiles directly ahead of it for about five metres all had the same slope on them, all leading to the death of somebody, he couldn't tell about the ones on either side of them though.

luna008

Dawn was curious to how he knew he had two powers but only knew what one of them was, but she dropped it. People had things they wanted to keep in theirselves...besides, what if he power was something really really disturbing?Then Dawn bumped into him. She was going to ask what was going on when there was a dark red WHAM! (alot like one you would see in a comic book) and these plates that came out of the wall activated and tried to flaten her new compaion.

"Yikes!" Dawn exclaimed, "That was a close one...Did you use your powers? Oh well, I think I have an ideal how to get through this!" She pulled out her harmonica and put it to her lips. 'Low' She thought, 'I need to play low notes, they have the most weight.' With that she started playing a really low song that she was making up on the fly. Around her, little images of quater notes, black like usual, formed and started spinning. Dawn had only been able to cut things, but to cut you had to applie pressure right? So if she went to cut all the floor tiles, one at a time, to see if they activated. When she got her results, she turned to Zack and said, "I think we're ready to proced!"

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
"Lasers? No problem."

With that he walks towards the set indicated by Rai, careful of his steps, and sticks his hand into the path of one. He lets the particles pass through his appendage until he feels that he knows the direction that they are being sent from. With that he falls to a knee and notices the hole for the weapon. He slides his finger in and concentrates on emitting a specific wave form until he fills that the laser is no longer there. With that he moves onto the next and keeps going until they are all gone. He smiles as he raises to his feet and look to the other two, this time his eyes glowing a strange red color.

"The path is clear and it would seem that there are a few plates up ahead. Not as many pits as before though, so that should be a good thing."

With that he continues to walk down the path so as to keep point and keep and eye out for any traps. But he stops as soon as he nears one of many turns and faces the other two. He knows that one path leads to a dead end, but the others lead to places unknown. "Which path do we go down? Keep in mind the one on the far left is a dead end, so I would suggest against that one."

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Yuria simply watched silently, although she was feeling anxious about the whole situation. They’re lasers! If he was careless, he could burn himself! She wasn’t quite sure what he was doing with the lasers, but hearing and seeing no harm from Garfield, she figured everything was alright. She blinked incredulously at the result of his actions as he smiled. She also noticed his eyes being a strange hue of red. Her eyes widened, and she ended up staring into his eyes instead, her expression visibly puzzled at the difference in eye colour.

But time must have been ticking away, and Garfield turned around and walked ahead of Rai and her. She was reluctant to follow at first when she watched him go, but the feeling of being left behind gave her a stronger unease. Stiffly, she followed after him, unsure of what to say now that she’s in the company of these two.

Should I strike a conversation? Maybe something like, “Nice weather, isn’t it?” She grimaced. No, definitely not. That’s not cool! Wait, let me remember some of the stuff the girls in class used to say to the guys… She shook her head. The things the girls said in her class were too bold for her. Maybe I should give them a little background of myself? But…there’s nothing really interesting about me. I’m just a poor girl. I wonder how mother is doing… She wondered for a moment.

She glanced at Raitei quickly. He must have a great power. All I’ve got for my power is my hair…well, at least I have something. I wish I had the power to conjure money out of thin air, but I guess that’s asking for too much. She notices Garfield stopping, which made her stop as well, and then notices that the path is divided into a number of paths. NOOOOOO, She shouted mentally in despair. The far left was a dead end. She turned her head to the far right. If the far left is a dead end, then the far right would be bingo!—is what she would have said, if she was more outspoken. She glanced at Raitei for a second again.

Her lips quivered. Say it! Say it, Yuria! Her inner voice yelled, and in the heat of the moment, she yelled, “Far right!” She then dashed off in embarrassment in that direction. “What am I doing?!” She blurted aloud, and her hands covered her mouth in surprise.

She stopped. Oh no, I have to go back. I haven’t gone so far ahead yet, so I can go back, and I can… She spots a familiar girl with platinum blonde hair, looking rather lost. A snowflake-shaped crystal hangs around her, and Yuria walks takes a step or two towards her. She took a deep breath. “I’m…” No, no, don't introduce yourself yet! Ask her if she’s alright! “A-Are you okay?” She managed to ask. “D-Do you need help…?” She looks down at the tiled area and realizes it must be those disastrous pressure sensitive tiles again. Yuria tested her weight, but found that she was in a safe spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back