• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

world cup

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Italy won... Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell no, you know- I was hoping It would've been Mexico to win, but w/e. they were close until they had lost to Argentina. ><

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
...DAMMIT! I missed it. -_- I totally forgot about the world cup. I'm not really into watching sports, but still.

Maybe I can find a re-run...(Doubtful)

I'm tivoing it next...world..cup... Fine, I don't know this stuff. But I still want to see it.

Dark-Disciple

The 5th Apocalyptic Rider
Riding with Famine, Death, Pestilence and Destruct
_Nadie_ said:
Italy won... Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell no, you know- I was hoping It would've been Mexico to win, but w/e. they were close until they had lost to Argentina. ><

BTW, the goal that Maxi Rodrigues scored against Mexico is rated as one of the best goals in the world Cup. That was amazing.

I was hoping one of the African teams would win the world cup for no apparent reason, but since the begining I whent for England. Damn Portugal. That's the only rason I whent for France when it was France vs. Portugal.

Also, Sucks for Ziddane for what he did. He will not be remembered as the great player he was anymore, now, well, not a lot of good things to say about him.

And Well, Italy, I guess i'm speacking for all when I say, congratulations you sons of a [beep]...

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
But seriously, I can see a lot of other players behaving badly on the pitch, but someone like Zidane...it's so weird.

At least it shows, that violence on the pitch is totally unacceptable, though I have to say that it looked like the referee didn't actually want to have Zidane sent off, but had no choice when the 4th official said that he had seen the headbutt.

SharinganBlue

AMV Maker
Still can't believe that the thread lives...but I guess there's good reason since the Materazzi - Zidane incident continues.

You know after I thought the situation through, I thought to myself "What set off Zidane to do something like that?" I remembering watching the replay again and I then saw that Materazzi said something to Zidane. Thing is I have no idea what was said. I found this link: http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap-wcup-zidane&prov=ap&type=lgns

Its wrong for Zidane to do what he did, but if someone really goes over the line with a really nasty insult you just have no other choice. I'd say Materazzi got what he deserved and in the end, Zidane will always be one of the greatest players of his time. On a another note, if you think about it Zidane isn't the only person to get out like that, what about Maradona and his drug issues? Even before Zidane's shocker, Henry was out then Ribery, and last Vieria which means that France was about to lose regardless.

Even more bizarre...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5168890.stm

Zero Cerberus

\\'arrior Lacrosse.
Awards
Which official? The one running around on the field that issued cards? If so, then damn.

Anywho, For Portugal news. Ricardo has a record of stopping I think it was 4 PK's in the Game against England. Hooraah. And next, Scolari is staying with Portugal. I guess thats cool.

And btw, WC '10 is going to be in South Africa? That can't be, climate issues anybody?

SharinganBlue

AMV Maker
-WhiteFalcon- said:
And btw, WC '10 is going to be in South Africa? That can't be, climate issues anybody?

The next one is going to be in South Africa, every host country has always been hot. Futbol is a summer sport after all.

getblazedordie said:
i thought it was gonn be in Ukraine and Poland? some commentary said that in one of the matches, i think it was Italy-Ukraine match

Uh...ok. That was never mentioned in any source before.

Aminity

R.I.P. Sh[EX]
I had Brazil winning the whole thing. But they let me down. Congrads to Italy though. Next WC will be even more interesting than this one lol.

SharinganBlue

AMV Maker
-WhiteFalcon- said:
Which official? The one running around on the field that issued cards? If so, then damn.

I think its the one that did the final game. "If so, then damn" :eek: , like you said. lol..

Xalechim

Banjo kazooie FTW
yea it was a sad ending for Zidane but theres a lot more controversial things about what happened there then what we were told it is believed that the italian player said somthing about his family going to hell which is what made Zidane do that

SharinganBlue

AMV Maker
I posted the link from the last page about the insult. Its still sad to see Zidane go off like that and yet up til now I still can't stop thinking about it.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
We all thought our teams were gonna win the World Cup. Portgual can get the hell outta my face for all I care. I'm still a little angry with England's unfair match. Anyway, Zidane said he did that because the Italian player insulted some members of his family. At least that's what I heard from the radio. Also, sources claim that Ronaldo is NOT for sale and that he WILL stay at Old Trafford. Alex Ferguson does not want to sell him and says he still has a four year contract with Manchester United until 2010. I guess we will see how that progresses then.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
AngelofDestiny said:
We all thought our teams were gonna win the World Cup. Portgual can get the hell outta my face for all I care. I'm still a little angry with England's unfair match. Anyway, Zidane said he did that because the Italian player insulted some members of his family. At least that's what I heard from the radio. Also, sources claim that Ronaldo is NOT for sale and that he WILL stay at Old Trafford. Alex Ferguson does not want to sell him and says he still has a four year contract with Manchester United until 2010. I guess we will see how that progresses then.
Oooooh. Harsh. Ronaldo will pay the price now.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
The fans are of paramount importance to the club, Sharigan. The fans have to actaully support the club, that includes the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back