• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

World count comparison for kh1,2 and 3.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm glad we've had since the 18th for the number of worlds to settle on my mind before I play the game no thanks to SE who still haven't confirmed they've finished revealing Disney worlds grrr. With no world reveal on the 10th, I went numb, and then I entered the anger stage on the 18th, lol. The number's something I'll probably criticize SE for in the future regardless of how much I enjoy KH3*, but at least now it won't detract from my experience of the game as it is. I still think KH3 will be a good-to-great game. For me, it was always unlikely they'd make a game that would pass KH1/CoM in my heart (I know some of that is because of nostalgia), but equaling or passing 3D is possible and I already know it'll be better than KH2/BbS/Coded/Days.

* That's unless I'm really impressed by what they've done with the worlds, which is always possible. I know people have constantly been bringing up the size of the worlds, but I already knew there was going to be a large scope to the worlds just like 3D, particularly with flowmotion returning. Because 3D had a shorter development than KH3 and was a handheld, close to double its number of Disney worlds didn't seem like an absurd expectation. But if they're even larger than 3D's worlds and more comprehensive, my disappointment will probably go away.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Quality > Quantity.

Just looking at the worlds confirmed, Square Enix did a painstakingly wonderful job of recreating the various Disney properties in a way that the PS2, PSP and 3DS just was not able to achieve. I can't speak for the main story, but I am more than likely going to enjoy the Disney world stories in this game than any other entry.

Elysium

Awards
I didn’t post to stir another argument up, but suffice it to say the recurring “quality > quantity” quip doesn’t mean anything to me. I never expected tiny, linear worlds like KH2; I already knew there would be 3D-sized Disney worlds (with maybe one of those being a smaller minigame world). I don’t consider 9-10 an over-expectation even if I’m going to try to enjoy the game anyway.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Like Swoosh said, quality over quantity. I don't want Disney worlds in this game to get the Hunchback of Notre Dame tratement in Dream Drop Distance.

Ugh, yeah that world was bitterly disappointing to me. That's one of my favorite Disney movies and it felt so lackluster. I'd rather have a smaller selection of Disney worlds all done properly and with greater detail than have more worlds that feel less complete.

mriku90

Awards
Going from the sounds of it this argument of quality over quantity does not add up anymore.

In fact based on what has been said, it sounds like the naysayers have more of a ground to stand on now.

This thread really did not age well post leak.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Going from the sounds of it this argument of quality over quantity does not add up anymore.

In fact based on what has been said, it sounds like the naysayers have more of a ground to stand on now.

This thread really did not age well post leak.

There's been absolutely no mention of any of the Disney worlds being boring, awful or questionable additions to the game. Nothing has changed, the quality over quantity basis still applies.

mriku90

Awards
There's been absolutely no mention of any of the Disney worlds being boring, awful or questionable additions to the game. Nothing has changed, the quality over quantity basis still applies.

I was more going with the OG worlds then the Disney Worlds in this aspect since a big argument was that less Disney Worlds meant more OG worlds which turns out not to be the case. Again only 3 fully explorable OG worlds one of which is mysterious tower is a let down to to me. I was hoping for the return of RG and SaC being fully explorable and playable. It's a let down.

Elysium

Awards
@Baymax: For all the criticism of "assumptions," you're also guilty of assuming these worlds will be quality just because of their size, when right above you Nazo was just expressing disappointment over the Hunchback world in 3D despite the fact that world was enormous, too.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
@Baymax: For all the criticism of "assumptions," you're also guilty of assuming these worlds will be quality just because of their size, when right above you Nazo was just expressing disappointment over the Hunchback world in 3D despite the fact that world was enormous, too.

Mate, Nazo was reffering to the awful adaption that The Hunchback of Notre Dame recieved when it was translated to the world of Kingdom Hearts.

Not once was I describing about world size, that's just your projection on my thoughts.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
You know KH1 and KH2 targeted the recent Disney properties when they came out too right? In every mainline KH game, the worlds are always roughly within the last decade of Disney movies.

Toy Story goes back to the 90s as does Olympus, a returning world.
Monsters Inc. is as old as KH1.
Tangled is a decade old.
Technically Tangled Came out in 2010 so by now it's 8-9 years old by now

Pirates of the Caribbean is 15 years old and from KH2.
For Franchise yes, but when KH2 came out The first film was roughly 2 years old at the time KH2 came out. Same can be said about Tron: Legacy as it was almost two years old when Dream Drop Distance came out.

As the Plot for the Caribbean is doing the plot of the third film, At Worlds End then that makes it 12 years old at the time of KH3's release.
The only two Disney worlds that are less than five years old are Frozen and Big Hero 6.
Frozen just turned five years old last year while Big Hero 6 celebrated it's 4th anniversary. By now, both films will be 6 and 5 years old respectively.

Last edited:
Back