• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

World count comparison for kh1,2 and 3.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Paige712

I did a world count comparison for anyone interested. Note I didn't include Atlantica for kh2 since I really don't think it should count and I also didn't count Realm of darkness from KH3 until we know if it's fully playable or not.

Edit: Added Atlantica, Mysterious Tower and possible other worlds that have confirmed gameplay segments.
48427864_1122051401290404_9164196363997544448_o.jpg

Last edited:
Awards
Kinda sucks how the original world count has always been very small in pretty much every game. It's always been 2 to 3...

Hopefully KH3 changes that. It's already at 4 somewhat with RoD, and we hav to go to Castle Oblivion to get Ven so that makes 5 if it's playable...

Paige712

Kinda sucks how the original world count has always been very small in pretty much every game. It's always been 2 to 3...

Hopefully KH3 changes that. It's already at 4 somewhat with RoD, and we hav to go to Castle Oblivion to get Ven so that makes 5 if it's playable...

Yeah I agree especially since the OW tend to be very unique and well designed.
Scala Ad Caelum looks to be following that trend for sure.
Not to mention many players list worlds like Traverse Town, Radiant Garden and Twilight Town as one of their top worlds.

I'm personally hoping if ROD is a full world a segment of Destiny Islands will be connected to it if they use it as a way to get to the ROD. I don't even care if it's a segment (Like one side of the island with the secret door) just something is good enough for me.

Awards
Yeah I agree especially since the OW tend to be very unique and well designed.
Scala Ad Caelum looks to be following that trend for sure.
Not to mention many players list worlds like Traverse Town, Radiant Garden and Twilight Town as one of their top worlds.

I'm personally hoping if ROD is a full world a segment of Destiny Islands will be connected to it if they use it as a way to get to the ROD. I don't even care if it's a segment (Like one side of the island with the secret door) just something is good enough for me.
I also really hope Radiant Garden is playable...not only because I wanna see Leon and the gang again, but also because I don't want the last time we visit that world be the one where the only character we can actually walk up and talk to is freaking Merlin.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'll copy what I said in the other thread:

Thanks for making this. I'd say if you are counting the 100 Acre Woods (mini-game world) then maybe Atlantica (another mini-game world) should be counted as well? We also don't know how playable the Keyblade Graveyard is, so maybe the Dark World should be counted as well? We also have the cloud place that Sora goes around inside of his heart as well and Mysterious Tower got its own logo the other week so maybe it's not a part of Twilight Town (and it's playable too)?

All things considered, despite having less worlds people do have to realise they have increased the scope and size of the KH3 worlds way past what was previously done. For a game where they had to literally rebuild everything rather than reusing and sharing previously made assets, they have done a great job getting all this content into the game. At the same time, a single KH3 world is like three times the size of a world in a previous game.

I also just realised that, despite the tutorial taking place there as well as the final boss battle, Destiny Islands' isn't included in KH1. Maybe there could be two graphics? One with worlds we know we have gameplay in and one with worlds we know are in but aren't necessarily playable (e.g. Destiny Islands, Disney Castle).

UltimaXOmega

The new world is likely to be the only large original world. Twilight Town is a hallway again and Keyboard Graveyard is likely small again. Also I wouldn't count Mysterious Tower as a world.

Paige712

The new world is likely to be the only large original world. Twilight Town is a hallway again and Keyboard Graveyard is likely small again. Also I wouldn't count Mysterious Tower as a world.

Twilight town is at minimum the same size as kh2 and it was a decent size overall for a kh2 world. It had many areas. The keyblade grave we don't know but since they have added ruins and expanded the wasteland I'm guessing it will be more explorable this time round. On the MT I wouldn't have but it is technically it's own playable world since it isn't a part of twilight town and has it's own world logo so yeah.

I'll copy what I said in the other thread:

I also just realised that, despite the tutorial taking place there as well as the final boss battle, Destiny Islands' isn't included in KH1. Maybe there could be two graphics? One with worlds we know we have gameplay in and one with worlds we know are in but aren't necessarily playable (e.g. Destiny Islands, Disney Castle).

Hmm it's an idea. I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Amazing seeing how the original worlds # went up while the Disney worlds dropped backwards 4, making the lowest number of the trilogy. lol *headshake* So pathetic.

kingsoraful

Awards
Amazing seeing how the original worlds # went up while the Disney worlds dropped backwards 4, making the lowest number of the trilogy. lol *headshake* So pathetic.

You'd think they would have realized 16 years into the series that the Disney Worlds are a massive selling point of the game and having the smallest amount of Disney Worlds in the series in KH3 is not a good thing.

LostArtist

Awards

You'd think they would have realized 16 years into the series that the Disney Worlds are a massive selling point of the game and having the smallest amount of Disney Worlds in the series in KH3 is not a good thing.

Disney still has the larger presence in 3, and the worlds are far more exciting although I know me saying that won't convince you lol

kingsoraful

Awards
Disney still has the larger presence in 3, and the worlds are far more exciting although I know me saying that won't convince you lol

How does Disney have a larger presence in 3 with the least amount of worlds in the series? That literally makes no sense.

LostArtist

Awards
How does Disney have a larger presence in 3 with the least amount of worlds in the series? That literally makes no sense.

Within the game itself, it has a larger presence. Kh3 is still mostly a disney game.

Leaferian

Awards
He means there's more Disney worlds than original worlds still. They remain the majority of the worlds in KH titles.

kingsoraful

Awards
And yet 3+ times bigger per each one. 7 Full Kh3 worlds will be like the equivalent of 20+ kh1 or 2 worlds in terms of scale.

Unless you've played the game, you literally have no support for making this statement. And don't give me those statements from SE. They've lied multiple times already within the 5 years they've done interviews for this game and have changed their answers. They don't even want to place an estimate on how long each world will take, says a lot right there.

Still Quality over Quanity. It's been said numerous times that the Disney worlds in KH3 are far grander than they were in past games. I'd say that was worth the small amount.

Forgive me for doubting what SE says after all the backtracking they've done during the course of this games creation cycle.

You guys are gonna look mighty foolish if when this game comes out and you play it, it really isn't as grand or masterful in terms of scale and size as you thought it was.

Better to keep your expectations in check, this is SE we're dealing with. Have not had the best track record in the past. Looking at you FFXV.

This isn't Atlus that will actually give you a quality game and quantity as well. When you take 5-6 years to make a game you expect something above just average.

Last edited:

Leaferian

Awards
Nothing is gonna convince the people bothered by the number.

As far as Destiny Islands go, we know Sora goes there at some point in KH3. I wouldn't be shocked if it's cutscene only, nut I sure hope we get to play in it again. Just for the nostalgia, really.

Paige712

Unless you've played the game, you literally have no support for making this statement. And don't give me those statements from SE. They've lied multiple times already within the 5 years they've done interviews for this game and have changed their answers. They don't even want to place an estimate on how long each world will take, says a lot right there.

We have plenty of support for this, baring interviews you just have to look at footage like the demo, and other trailers to get a sense of just how big these worlds are. Kh1/2 worlds have nothing on these worlds scale wise.

Back