• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wonderland after Hollow Bastion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

Suppose you visit Wonderland only after you defeat Hollow Bastion. Alice and the other PoH said they have to stay at Hollow Bastion to hold back the darkness. Could Alice actually be in Wonderland then?

Rosebudx

Awards
It's a moot point, because you can't skip Wonderland. You have to visit it in order to progress the plot. You can, however, visit it "out of order" by going to Olympus Coliseum and Deep Jungle first; if you don't complete it in the "right" order, the cutscene where Alice is brought before the villains is changed to Snow White.

Veritas7340

Oh right, now I remember: you need the gummi block from Wonderland to unlock the next set of worlds. I thought I had found a KH story paradox for a second lol

Rosebudx

Awards
Well, you can still make a paradox by skipping Atlantica in KH1. Sora's memories form an Atlantica card in CoM, and then it's a much-more-optional world in KH2. If you skip it in the first game, how did Sora's memories form that card? And if you choose to go to shake a fin and sing along (tra. la. la!) in Atlantica in KH2, how do Ariel&co. already know the gang?

Wonderful

Awards
Uh, the better one to point out is how you can skip Monstro, go through Hollow Bastion where Riku is possessed and disappears, and then run into him "alive" in Monstro, only now, Sora acknowledges that it can't be Riku and "Riku" has new dialogue.

SORA: Wait! What are you---
NOT-RIKU: What? You don't remember your best friend?
SORA: Liar! You're not Riku!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yes, I've always wondered why they didn't require Monstro to be completed. It's the only one that is really odd if you don't complete it before Hollow Bastion.

I wonder--if you never visit Olympus Coliseum until after you've killed Maleficent, how the first visit to the world ends? (Since she appears at the end.)

The Dark Mamba

Awards
The four Disney worlds that must be completed in KH1 are Wonderland, Deep Jungle, Agrabah and Neverland. Makes sense since they were the most important Disney worlds storywise.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Tartarus: I believe that the Hades scene plays out like normal, but it just ends before Maleficent shows up, because she's already dead at that point.

@The Dark Mamba: Totally not disagreeing with you at all here, but I'd just like to point out that I think Atlantica's pretty important story-wise, too. Triton talking about how the Keyblade shatters peace and brings ruin is pretty interesting (and perhaps is a hint for the end of the game that there can be more than one Keyblade).

And then you have some interesting things going on there, with Sora and Ariel's interactions (in that they can understand each other's dreams well, as Sora was just like Ariel not so long ago).

And then there's even this great part where Ursula tries to drive a wedge between Sora and Ariel, saying something like: "Why, of course I can send you to other worlds, deary! World traveling isn't such hard magic. After all, your new friends came from other worlds themselves... Did they not tell you that?" It's some really good attempts we see from the villain here, that the rest of the series just kind of lacks, I think.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
@Tartarus: I believe that the Hades scene plays out like normal, but it just ends before Maleficent shows up, because she's already dead at that point.

@The Dark Mamba: Totally not disagreeing with you at all here, but I'd just like to point out that I think Atlantica's pretty important story-wise, too. Triton talking about how the Keyblade shatters peace and brings ruin is pretty interesting (and perhaps is a hint for the end of the game that there can be more than one Keyblade).

And then you have some interesting things going on there, with Sora and Ariel's interactions (in that they can understand each other's dreams well, as Sora was just like Ariel not so long ago).

And then there's even this great part where Ursula tries to drive a wedge between Sora and Ariel, saying something like: "Why, of course I can send you to other worlds, deary! World traveling isn't such hard magic. After all, your new friends came from other worlds themselves... Did they not tell you that?" It's some really good attempts we see from the villain here, that the rest of the series just kind of lacks, I think.

Yeah, I love Atlantica in KH1. It angers me that it was a skipable world in that game. That's why I said it wasn't as important as Wonderland, Deep Jungle, Agrabah or Neverland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back