• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Woman Successfully Sues Dead Man

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Man Killed In Train Accident Sued By Woman His Flying Body Parts Injured

Huffington Post

When 18-year-old Hiroyuki Joho recklessly ran in front of an Amtrak barreling along at 70 mph in Chicago 2008 to catch a train, a part of his body flew onto a nearby platform, knocking 58-year-old Gayane Zokhrabov to the ground, breaking her leg and wrist. An appellate court just ruled Zokhrabov can sue Joho: ""If you do something as stupid as this guy did, you have to be responsible for what comes from it," said the lawyer who handled the case.

No comment.

I guess since they couldn't prove this was suicide, they could say he was reckless with his own life and put others in danger.

It's disgusting that this woman even considered suing this DEAD MAN, disgusting that this lawyer agreed to the case, and disgusting that it actually worked.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
:( Society is a sad, sad place...
According to her, the loss of the use of her leg and wrist for a while until they heal is more important than the fact that some guy died a horrible death.
And then she gets to make money off it. Off his poor family who are already probably mourning the loss. I mean, it's not like the guy who jumped in front of the train willed his body part to hit her.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Stupid question, but where does she get the money from? The family?

I heard about this but I haven't been following it.

Last edited:

axel95

Awards
um...wow....that's all that i can i say.... *goes to corner and wonders what world is coming to*

State

Awards
disgusting that this lawyer agreed to the case
Don't know why you're so surprised. Attorneys/lawyers are synonym to slime. Of course, there are good and bad lawyers (or worse). Back on subject, I don't even know what she was thinking by suing a dead person. What can she get? His life insurance? But isn't a heir more powerful than a state sanction? I'm more inclined to think that the latter is more powerful than a last will and testament.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I don't agree with this but I'm just going to play "devil's advocate" to test my ability to make a case for an indefensible position.

What if this happened to you and now you are stuck paying medical bills for an injury that was not your fault? What if you did not have the money to pay said bills? Not to mention the traumatizing distress and pain of having this happen to you. Let's say your job doesn't have good benefits so the fact that you can't work is taking a toll on your paycheck.

I'm just saying, let's not be so quick to call this woman evil. We don't know what's running through her mind.

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog
I don't agree with this but I'm just going to play "devil's advocate" to test my ability to make a case for an indefensible position.

What if this happened to you and now you are stuck paying medical bills for an injury that was not your fault? What if you did not have the money to pay said bills? Not to mention the traumatizing distress and pain of having this happen to you. Let's say your job doesn't have good benefits so the fact that you can't work is taking a toll on your paycheck.

I'm just saying, let's not be so quick to call this woman evil. We don't know what's running through her mind.

Shes 58, if she doesnt have life insurance at that age then thats her problem. Pretty sure you should have had life insurance by that age. Im not defending the guy for being reckless if thats really what happened but I mean sue a guy who's dead thats not right either. She has to be pretty broke to have to go that far, she needs a real good reason to justify this to me.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I like how they don't disclose what part of this guy's body it was. This is dumb anyways...

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
"And would the person who hit this woman like to add anything?"

*bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

"Okay, you win, ma'am!"

But yeah, this is odd. And kinda dumb.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
3cd8a33a.png

Awards
this is japan

given their suicide culture and all i'm not surprised

I think it said it happened in Chicago, unless that guy came over from Japan or something...

This... Really makes no sense. Well... I guess it makes LOGICAL sense, but you'd have to have two devils on your shoulders to even consider something like that.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I think it said it happened in Chicago, unless that guy came over from Japan or something...
18-year-old Hiroyuki Joho

He might have some Japanese heritage in him. Maybe.

In any event, what the guy did was stupid and caused physical harm to this woman, so I don't really feel any antipathy towards her for what she did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back