• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Within boundaries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
alichinorinoa.deviantart.com
ah just been working on this one for like... errr today.. comments and critisizm welcome here :3 not sure if this'll be good (like i ever wrote sumtin good /sweatdrop)

(woot another fic<--sarcasm)

.: Prologue :.​

“We will not take much more of this insolence mortal…” a voice spoke.

The moon gently beamed light down below a grass prairie, where six stone statues stood. Soft crunching noises sounded as a male figure walked towards the statues. The man appeared to be eighteen years of age, sporting a black sleeveless top with a pair of pale brown cargo pants. A large sword was mounted on his back, its blade slightly curved at the tip. Its handle was colored in ebony black, with a chain dangling from the bottom. The man stopped in front of a statue of a woman wearing robes, with leaves surrounding her.

“I… need time…” the man spoke softly.

“Time? You were given much more time than needed…” the voice replied, sounding from the statue itself.

“Have patience Genesis, this isn’t as easy as any of us can see…” spoke another voice. The man then glanced towards his left, looking at another statue. The second voice sounded from a statue of a mermaid, holding a stone harp.

“Undine? What a surprise… you actually standing up for a mere mortal…” criticized the voice known as Genesis.

“Although I for one understand how difficult this is,” replied the voice known as Undine, “You seem to be taking your time, Scythe.”

Silence crept. Scythe looked away from both the statues of Genesis and Undine. His hair, dark brown in color, covered his eyes as he looked down.

“I… will attempt to do my job faster…” he spoke, still avoiding the statues.

“… Very well… ” muttered Genesis.

Scythe let out a sigh as he started to walk away. As usual Genesis still criticized and disliked him. Well, to a point, Genesis, the earth spirit, disliked mankind for some time now. Only Undine, the water spirit, Wisp, the air spirit, and Sinclaire still have consideration for humans.

“Isn’t life hard enough?” Scythe muttered beneath his breath.

“So Genesis didn’t let you off the hook, huh?” a voice spoke. From the sound of the voice, it was feminine. “She’s not really like that… well at least that was a few eras back.”

“…Seriously, please don’t come out of the open unexpectedly.” Scythe replied, with a scolding tone. “Show yourself… Sinclaire, the light.”

A gust of wind blew past by, only to reveal a woman, who appeared to be in her twenties. She had long, light blue hair which reached to half her back. Her clothes consisted of a white robe, along with golden bands as accessories. One of her unusual features was the white blindfold she wore.

“… You seriously like to cheat your age, huh?” Scythe said, in an attempt for humor.

Sinclaire huffed. “That’s no way to talk to your foster parent… but, why is it that you always criticize my age?”

Scythe turned away. “No reason…”

Sinclaire walked towards Scythe, holding his shoulder. Scythe just let out another sigh.

“You’ll manage. You’re pretty skilled for their tasks.” She said.

“… I suppose so… but… I don’t like this anymore.”

Sinclaire frowned, stroking her long hair off her shoulder.

“It’ll be over soon, Scythe. Just a little more.”

Haku

<3
I thought it was a pretty interesting start, so I would like to read more to get a better understanding of things.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
its been awhile but here's the first chapter TTwTT wow, its been long...

Chapter one: Bitterness…

Fire began to spread rapidly without stop. Screams rose just like the black smoke coming from buildings and houses burning to a crisp. Women and children began to flee from men wearing black military uniforms. As soon as any one of the men caught up with anyone, they killed them mercilessly without thought. Moments passed, the merciless slaughter continued.

A woman with shoulder length hair kept running, holding close a child. She started to show signs of fatigue but kept running. If she and her child were to live, she had to run. The streets were filled with debris form buildings as well as ashes. The woman noticed shadows close from where she was. In panic, she hid behind a house… or what used to be a house.

One of the men in uniform walked in the street. He scanned the area for any life but found none. Another man in the same uniform came towards him.

“So do you think we killed them all?” one of them asked.

“Who knows… there could be a lot more hiding.”

The woman gulped, holding her child closer to her. She then looked down on her child’s innocent, sleeping face. She smiled with a tear falling from her eye.

“I’m not going to let you die… I’ll make sure you live…”

One of the men then heard the woman’s whisper and motioned towards the run-down building. The woman then hid her child behind some debris, hoping that they won’t see him. She prepared for the worst and afterwards…

~*~*~*~

“Heeeey! Are you listening to me?!”

A girl with short, strawberry brown hair shouted annoyed, slamming her hand on a wooden table. She yelped in pain from her action. She frantically shook her hand to relieve the pain. She appeared to be shouting in front of a boy much like her age.

“That’s what you get for shouting,” replied the boy just in front of her. He sat the opposite direction from the girl, and looked outside a nearby window. “So what were you saying again?”

The girl’s face turned to a slight red color. She once again slammed her hand against the table but not as powerful as before. Her violet eyes glared straight at the boy.

“Vash! Can you listen to me and not put your head on the clouds?!” the girl said.

Vash just grinned at her. “…Maybe, if you give me more money.”

The girl just sighed and sat down. She just looked at her companion, who had blonde hair, along with light green eyes. “Come on, pay attention once in a while…” she moaned.

Vash then faced the girl, “Alright, alright. I was just playing around that’s all. Don’t get too worked out Keela.”

“How can I not?” Keela thought sarcastically. “I’m the only one working here.”

She then looked at her bag and reached out a scroll. She spread it on the table, using some spare glasses as weights. Her finger was placed on top of an illustration of a small town.

“Alright, time to get serious. So, basically we’re here in the town of Asuka,” said Keela, her finger still set on the illustration. She then moved her finger a few inches towards an illustration of a forest. “And this is our main obstacle in the route. Rumors have spread that those who venture through here never come back out.”

Vash raised an eyebrow. He then looked closer at the illustration. “So its haunted?”

“I never said haunted Vash,” Keela shook her head. “but I don’t know and no way I’m taking chances about this. We’re leaving right now.”

The chair which she sat on was pushed, letting out screeching noises. Keela shoved the map back into her small bag and took off. Vash then followed immediately after noticing Keela packing.

“Hey, wait up!”

Haku

<3
Awesome chapter, you haven't lost your writing skills that's for sure.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
update ^^ Cnc's welcomed.

Chapter Two: Separated

The sun already reached high, denoting the time to be about twelve o’ clock onwards. The townsfolk were still active even at the hot hour. Most were at their shops, tending out to their customers and others hanging out with companions. After all, Asuka was known as a shopping district as well as a lively town. Keela started to walk, trying to avoid bumping into anybody. She had an unlikely clumsy streak lately. Vash followed from behind, trying to catch up. He eventually caught up with her, grabbing her on her shoulder.

“Hey! I said wait. Didn’t you hear?” Vash took short breaths, wiping sweat off his forehead. “What’s with the rush?”

Keela glared at Vash. She tried to regain her temper to a low level before answering. “We’re delayed for two days. TWO DAYS. What’s more, we might get F-I-R-E-D.” she shouted. The both of them were hired by a rich client to deliver a special item. Unfortunately, they only had a short time to deliver it or else they wouldn’t get paid.

“Uh.. Keela…”

“Don’t argue with me mister. So I got us lost yesterday, so what?! You took the wrong ride and we had our money robbed!”

Vash tried to calm her down, “Hey, Keela...”

“WHAT?!”

Vash hit his forehead and sighed. He could only point to the people staring at them. Keela turned to a bright red, almost as red as an apple. She turned to Vash saying, “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

Like you’d listen when you go berserk, he though rolling his eyes.

“Ah nothing to see here folks, go back to your doings now.” She said, faking a smile when she in fact was already ashamed. “Ehehe, we’re just… uh... rehearsing for a festival, yeah that’s it!”

The townsfolk bought the lie and resumed their posts- chatting, buying and so on. She sighed in relief, scratching her head. Vash then patted Keela on the head and went ahead. “Where are you of to now?” she asked.

“Just going to pick my weapon from the repairs. It’s got to be done by now so let’s meet up at the town gate. We’ll got to the forest afterwards.” He said, waving. “We still have a few days left; don’t get yourself worked up about it.”

Vash then made it to a small shop with the sign “Weapons and Armor” engraved on to it. The door made a noise as it was pushed open and he was greeted by the shop owner, who appeared to be in his fifties. “So, you came to pick yer weapon eh, lad?” he said, placing his hands in his pockets.

“Yeah old man. It took you more than it should have though… do I get a discount?” Vash asked, looking at the other weapons on the shop. Most of them were hand crafted with great skill.

“You be mindin’ yer manners, you brat but I got to admit it was hard to fix that thing of yers.” He replied, grunting at the word ‘discount’. “So yeah, you’ll get a discount.”

“Cool, thanks old man, uh, I mean mister.” said Vash, hoping the shop owner wouldn’t change his mind.

“Tch… young people these days, always wanting discounts…” the shop owner muttered under his breath.

~*~*~

“Where is he?”

Keela paced up and down, leaving tracks on the ground. She sat down for a bit, playing with her fingers. A set of footsteps sounded, Keela looked to see Vash with a huge bump on his head. Her eyes widened with wonder.

“You got yourself in trouble?” she asked, imagining what could’ve happened.

“No not really.” He replied, rubbing his head. “Well, I got my weapon fixed up so don’t worry where the bump came from.” He said showing off a bandage-covered object which almost had the same height as him.

“What’s with that look? Do you think I meant for the bump to happen?”

Her eyes narrowed, doubting that his actions were accidental. Keela shrugged thinking that she’d rather not know. She stood up and motioned for them to move. They both made their way towards the eerie forest. The light from the sun didn’t penetrate through the thick leaves of the trees, leaving it dark and humid. Vash felt Keela grabbing his arm.

“I don’t like this place…” she said, holding tighter.

“Me either… it does look haunted.” Vash could only whisper or speak softly, to not risk them from an unknown attacker. The both of them still trekked down a straight path almost reaching the middle of the forest. Light became fainter and fainter the more they got deeper inside. Chills went down Keela’s spine, who still cling to Vash’s arm. Vash immediately paused in his tracks, looking at the surroundings. From the moment they entered, some sort of sound or a sign of life would’ve been spotted though none appeared or was heard. It was too quiet.

“Something doesn’t feel right, do you think so too,” he whispered. No reply came after. “Keela? What’s up?”

He now noticed that she wasn’t holding anymore. She wasn’t anywhere to be found. He began to panic. Where could she have gone? Fear rose with a growling sound sounding close by. He unwrapped his weapon which appeared to be a huge boomerang with blades on it and stood ready in position. His eyes shifted from left to right, perceiving any sudden movements.

Pain shot up from behind him, causing him to fall to his knees. He guessed that he got scratched from the back with sharp claws. He felt another strong blow coming from his right. Blood dripped from his mouth as well as on his back. Vash couldn’t tell who or what the attacker was or where he was coming from. He could only hiss from the pain. Another set of claws ripped on his arm, adding his pain.

“We can’t… die here…” he spoke weakly, losing all the energy he had left. He eventually fell on the ground, close to becoming unconscious. A flash of light shone accompanied by an ear shattering cry. Vash could hear footsteps coming near before blacking out…

Haku

<3
Yeah I really liked the mysterious sort of theme that this chapter had to it, good job.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
That was a great chapter. I enjoyed it. Well done.
thank you ^^ glad you enjoyed it ^^
Yeah I really liked the mysterious sort of theme that this chapter had to it, good job.

thanks haku :'D

+UPDATE+

latest chappie ^^

Chapter Three: Meeting

Vash felt his body growing cold. The moment he opened his eyes, nothing was in sight, just pitch black darkness. He stood up, looking to both his sides hoping to see anything. He shouted several times, thinking that somebody would notice his shouts but no response came after. A faint light began to shine nearby just in front of Vash. Curious, he went closer towards the light. He reached out to touch the light, which gave off a warm feeling. A voice then sounded after touching the light.

“Feeling better?” said the voice.

Fire flickered as a gust of wind passed by. A man leaned his back against an old hollowed tree. He wore a black tattered cloak along with a mask on his face. The mask was that of a cat with red markings painted on it. It was impossible to tell his age due to the mask. Hearing the man’s voice, Vash sat up immediately shaking his head. He found himself near a tree, covered in a blanket.

“What happened?” Vash asked, rubbing his arm. Bandages were now applied to his wounds.

The man stood up straight looking at him. “You don’t remember anything?”

“The last thing I recall was getting attacked… man did it hurt… but just that and nothing more.” He replied, sounding confused. “Tell me, who are you and when did you get here…uh…”

The masked man grabbed a stick and poked it against the dancing flame. The tip burned to charcoal and broke off. A sigh could be heard from him as he scratched his head.
“Well to be honest it was odd. This forest- Death’s Forest- isn’t some place where ordinary people would wander into. You got to have a special reason to go through this forsaken place.” The man explained, almost sounding depressed. “I just found you already unconscious about to be eaten by that guy,” he said, pointing towards another tree, where the body of a large wolf laid. It had deep gashes and stabs all over its body. Without thinking, Vash retreated hitting his back on the tree.

“Th-that thing was the one that almost killed me?!” he shrieked, pointing a shaking finger. “Look at it! It’s huge!!”

The man was shocked at his reaction but it wouldn’t be obvious anyway, so he kept gazing at the fire in front of him. Vash on the other hand, still was stunned and speechless. The color drained from his face, which still laid eyes on the beast’s diseased body.

“Hey mister,” Vash spoke, his voice trailing off.

“Hmm?”

“Did you…gulp… kill that thing?”

The man just gave a silent nod without changing where he was looking. His hand grabbed something beside the hollowed tree. The object was coved in black cloth but it had the shape of a medium-sized sword.

“Get some rest kid; I’ll take you out of here tomorrow.”

Vash nodded. His green eyes felt heavy; his vision hazy and the rest became dark.

~*~*~*~

“Hmmm… what… I don’t wanna wake up yet,” Vash moaned, covering his head under the blanket. The man started poking him with his cloth covered sword as means of annoying him. Groans were heard and eventually Vash came out looking annoyed, with his hair messed up.

“Bed hair… you better fix that kid.” He said going on ahead.

“Stop calling me that! I’m fifteen years old darnit!” Vash shouted, catching up to him. He carried his boomerang weapon on his back, holding on to a strap that acted as a sort of handle. “Also, I got a name. It’s Vash.” He exclaimed proudly.

The masked man glanced to his shoulder but said nothing. He just shrugged and continued walking. Loud kid…, he thought.

“Weirdo,” mumbled Vash, placing his hands on his pants pockets.

The man suddenly stopped on his tracks. Don’t tell me he heard what I said, he thought as sweat fell from his face. The man’s head turned to his side as if looking at something. Two paths branching of to either side was in front of them. The left side seemed to lead out of the forest since light could be seen but the other path was just as dark as the forest.

“Hey, that’s got to be the way out.” Vash suggested, pointing to the left path.

“Doubt it,” the man snapped, “This is another of Death’s Forest tricks. Go through that path and I’ll bet you’ll be trapped here for a hundred years. Sunlight can never penetrate here.”

Everything became uncomfortably silent after his remark. It was like the forest agreed with him. Vash couldn’t disagree or pick up a fight with him. He was much more familiar and wise than he is. Reluctantly, he just followed him.

“Better than staying a hundred years here...”

Just as he thought, they made it out through the right path. Sunlight could be seen as well as birds flying on the blue sky.

“Fresh air…Freedom!!!” Vash shouted, stretching out. “…what?”

“… weird kid…” the man then left Vash behind and went on ahead. Another town could be seen from where they stood. “Well I’m off. See you later.”

Irritated, he followed him. “You!!! Stop!” he continued to shout all the way until he could catch up. Keela… I know your okay. You made it out of the forest, I’m sure we’ll meet up at the town. I know it..

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Wow. I read some of this last night and you really drew me into reading this fanfic. I like your writing style; it's very descriptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back