• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

With Kingdom Hearts 3’s review embargo being raised tomorrow, I found this video rather interesting.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Happyfunshineman

Awards
With Kingdom Hearts 3’s review embargo being raised tomorrow, I found this video rather interesting.

I saw this video going around forums and thought it was rather interesting. Its largely about why fans shouldn’t be upset about reviews for Kingdom Hearts 3 that don’t seem to understand Kingdom Hearts while also serving as a means to encourage new players to try out the game, regardless of the series’ reputation. The video can sometimes seem like its really making fun of Kingdom Hearts and its fans, but I encourage you to watch the whole thing because there are good intentions here.

The video is by Kotaku’s Tim Rogers, which I bring up because everyone has different opinions about gaming websites, so feel free to watch or not.

[video=youtube;cqnAx3gx99w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqnAx3gx99w[/video]

Awards
Re: With Kingdom Hearts 3’s review embargo being raised tomorrow, I found this video rather interest

I've never seen a video so insightful towards the VG equivalent of "Avengers: Endgame", in a loose sense. And it's hilarious as hell.

The thing I appreciate most is that while he repeatedly says KH has a reputation for being convoluted, he notes it's actually less convoluted than it appears to be; it's just a lot to keep track of. Like, a lot.

Fatal Mode

Re: With Kingdom Hearts 3’s review embargo being raised tomorrow, I found this video rather interest

Ironically he got pegged to review it in between making that video and posting it.

Seadrin

Awards

I loved that! Well said, thanks for sharing!

Recon

Art of War
Awards

I definitely think it will score above average. But because this is a highly anticipated game after all these years I can understand why so little or few early copies have been given out. It’s SE and Co’s best intentions not to spoil even the slightest bit.

SoulXaldin

Awards

While I can’t really take modern video game journalism seriously these days, he has a point. I think he’s worried that KH3 since is a game that so deeply rooted in the franchise’s story and is by no means the ideal entry point for the series, he recognizes that a lot of reviewers would have a lot of trouble with this aspect. If you take that alongside the fact that many early reactions have been mixed and it seemingly suffers from the same combat issues that’s plagued previous KH games, I think he’s implying that KH3 won’t be up to snuff, ultimately deducing KH3 is for the fans only and the game’s seemingly poor quality would be dictated by critics who have little to no familiarity with the series. I think. If that makes any sense.

Fatal Mode

While I can’t really take modern video game journalism seriously these days, he has a point. I think he’s worried that KH3 since is a game that so deeply rooted in the franchise’s story and is by no means the ideal entry point for the series, he recognizes that a lot of reviewers would have a lot of trouble with this aspect. If you take that alongside the fact that many early reactions have been mixed and it seemingly suffers from the same combat issues that’s plagued previous KH games, I think he’s implying that KH3 won’t be up to snuff, ultimately deducing KH3 is for the fans only and the game’s seemingly poor quality would be dictated by critics who have little to no familiarity with the series. I think. If that makes any sense.

He makes it a point in his video to urge people who have never played or even heard of it to give a shot and get lost in it. If anything he's saying it's for everyone.

bagcifreak

Even though video games from the same franchise should have an interconnected plot, I don't think it's smart splitting one single plot into 9 separate games because it will lead to people being frustrated cause they can't play the new game without having played all previous games. It's like watching a movie and skipping 20min of it in between.

I hope the next saga won't be like this so people are less afraid to start playing KH games. The games should be connected and have certain connecting plotlines but I think each entry still deserves its own story. Just like any other videogame franchise does it tbh.

Back