• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

With all the build up of Xehanort's army...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevVentus

And saving the one's in torment, how exactly do you think this will play out in the final installment of the Xehanort saga? What I mean is, I don't really see any room for Disney worlds.

The only locations that seem appropriate for such a conflict would be the original ones... I'm sure Nomura can think of something, but I'm just thinking out loud

MasterZeR0

KH3 will probably involve exploring Disney worlds for (shards/items/pieces of) something, in order to open a gateway to reach the final world. And Xehanorts will randomly attack the party along the way, trying to keep you off the trail.

KevVentus

I can see it being like KH2 with encountering the Organization, but now there's no Riku to be looking for. And we know the location of everyone who needs to be saved.

Well at least the audience does. If we had to sit through Sora, Donald, and Goofy combing Agrabah for Ventus it would be face to the palm.

MasterZeR0

Agreed. However, I assume we'll know (by we I mean the party) where the tormented ones are, either generally or exactly, by the end of 3D. So KH3 will involve rescuing them, building up an epic Keybladers+Lea party and fighting Xehanort and his seeds. Something like that.

(I feel really bad that Lea is the only tormented without a keyblade, although Nomura may change that... o_O)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
(I feel really bad that Lea is the only tormented without a keyblade, although Nomura may change that... o_O)

That isn't true though, Naminé also does not have a keyblade.

Not to mention Lea/Axel isn't one of the "official" tormented ones. He didn't call out to Sora.

The seven beings who did do not include him. (Not to mention that in the glimpses we see of him in DDD he doesn't look tormented at all.)

The ones calling for Sora were

1. Naminé
2. Xion
3. Roxas
4. Terra
5. Ventus
6. Ansem the Wise
7. Aqua

Funny how the amount of those is apparently exactly the same as the amount of keyholes of sleep and worlds we have to save in DDD.
Possibly saving these worlds is some "prerequisite"/general rehearsal for the people to be saved in KH III?

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I thought it was all three of them saying "Sora" together on the tower, Axel, Roxas, and Xion?

Edit: yeah, yeah I guess. It shows Axel, but you don't hear his voice.

Absolute

Seems rather appropriate that the one of them that doesn't say 'Sora' is also the first one in that group to make an official return.

KevVentus

That isn't true though, Naminé also does not have a keyblade.

Not to mention Lea/Axel isn't one of the "official" tormented ones. He didn't call out to Sora.

The seven beings who did do not include him. (Not to mention that in the glimpses we see of him in DDD he doesn't look tormented at all.)

The ones calling for Sora were

1. Naminé
2. Xion
3. Roxas
4. Terra
5. Ventus
6. Ansem the Wise
7. Aqua

Funny how the amount of those is apparently exactly the same as the amount of keyholes of sleep and worlds we have to save in DDD.
Possibly saving these worlds is some "prerequisite"/general rehearsal for the people to be saved in KH III?

Perhaps when each world returns to the RoL they'll hold clues for each person that needs to be saved? It would be kinda lame revisiting them but it's some sort of Disney connection..

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Perhaps when each world returns to the RoL they'll hold clues for each person that needs to be saved? It would be kinda lame revisiting them but it's some sort of Disney connection..

That would be a possibility indeed.

Also, when I look at the worlds and the list of tormented ones each world (loosely) corresponds to one of them, although I am probably now overthinking things.

Like the Grid (Tron: Legacy) corresponds to Ansem the Wise, he's a technical genius (created the virtual Twilight Town, hid the data inside Sora).
Symphony of Sorcery has heavy emphasis on Magic, corresponding to Aqua.
Prankster's Paradise is Pinocchio's world and Pinocchio is a "doll", corresponding to Xion who was also a "doll".
Traverse Town was/is a world comprised of parts from other worlds (see KH 1), that corresponds to Roxas, who was a being created from more than one person.
Country of the Musketeer with its "all for one, one for all"-salute and the heavy emphasis on camaraderie and friendship corresponds to Ventus, who's a big friendship-freak.
Hunchback of Notre Dame has Quasimodo, who initially is withdrawn and timid at the beginning of the original film, which correlates with the timid personality of Naminé mostly in CoM but also in KH2. Frollo is the equivalent (role-wise) to Marluxia (CoM) and DiZ (KH 2/Days) in regard to Naminé.

Since we don't know if TWTNW is really the seventh world with a keyhole of sleep I won't yet assign it as corresponding with Terra, but if it is it would also fit since Xemnas, the former ruler of TWTNW, while certainly not Terra himself, had some of Terra's memories.

KevVentus

Ha. You may be overdoing it a bit, but those are interesting connections. I definitely feel like something's up with why those 7 worlds are the keyholes of sleep. Surely there's something special about each?

Absolute

Also, when I look at the worlds and the list of tormented ones each world (loosely) corresponds to one of them, although I am probably now overthinking things.

Like the Grid (Tron: Legacy) corresponds to Ansem the Wise, he's a technical genius (created the virtual Twilight Town, hid the data inside Sora).
Prankster's Paradise is Pinocchio's world and Pinocchio is a "doll", corresponding to Xion who was also a "doll".
Traverse Town was/is a world comprised of parts from other worlds (see KH 1), that corresponds to Roxas, who was a being created from more than one person.
Country of the Musketeer with its "all for one, one for all"-salute and the heavy emphasis on camaraderie and friendship corresponds to Ventus, who's a big friendship-freak.
Hunchback of Notre Dame has Quasimodo, who initially is withdrawn and timid at the beginning of the original film, which correlates with the timid personality of Naminé mostly in CoM but also in KH2. Frollo is the equivalent (role-wise) to Marluxia (CoM) and DiZ (KH 2/Days) in regard to Naminé.

Since we don't know if TWTNW is really the seventh world with a keyhole of sleep I won't yet assign it as corresponding with Terra, but if it is it would also fit since Xemnas, the former ruler of TWTNW, while certainly not Terra himself, had some of Terra's memories.

I have to say, its alittle scary with how those all worked together rather nicely.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
KH3: Saving those in torment and going around defeating everyone with a connection to Xehanort's heart A.K.A what some refer to as the people who are Xehanort's heartcruxes. Isa, Braig, Vanitas maybe, ect.

MinerKing

I'd still like to know whether we will actually save anyone in this game. Like if we will return anyone to the RoL or what. The cutscenes at the end showing those in torment seem to suggest that. But hell, it's the Realm of Sleep. Anything could happen.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

:MEGUSTA.jpg:...............

KevVentus

I'd still like to know whether we will actually save anyone in this game. Like if we will return anyone to the RoL or what. The cutscenes at the end showing those in torment seem to suggest that. But hell, it's the Realm of Sleep. Anything could happen.

Part of me is hoping for the final scene showing Ven opening his eyes : 3

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

5 stars i appluad this, now i want to see if this holds up

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have to say, its alittle scary with how those all worked together rather nicely.

Hehe, I just searched for some similarities between the seven "main" tormented ones and the themes of the worlds submerged in sleep.

It may only be symbolism though and nothing actually plot-relevant.

I highly doubt it as Nomura has said that the actual rescues will become one of the focal points of KH III.
Coded was about learning that there are people to be saved and that DiZ hid something in Sora.
Dream Drop Distance will be about what that is what DiZ hid and how it becomes the "key" to save them.

These things coming together lead to "one thing", and according to Nomura that'll become a part of the story for KH III.

:MEGUSTA.jpg:...............

Lol, looks like I stirred up something there.

Part of me is hoping for the final scene showing Ven opening his eyes : 3

Heh, from what we have seen so far about DDD (Nightmare armor, Vanitas being there apparently + Sora apparently in danger himself) I find it highly unlikely for Ventus already being awakened, also considering his still crippled heart.
Except maybe the somewhat unsettling final scene that Ven just opens his eyes and the first thing he seens is Xehanort standing over him with his trademark pedo-smile.

5 stars i appluad this, now i want to see if this holds up

Heh, like said, it's only an assumption and a comparison I made up on the fly by thinking about the characters and the worlds. ;)

KevVentus

That would be interesting if he were to wake up in the villains' clutches

Even if he were to awaken, he would only be half-saved. I don't think he could find his way out of Castle Oblivion without Aqua

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That would be interesting if he were to wake up in the villains' clutches

Even if he were to awaken, he would only be half-saved. I don't think he could find his way out of Castle Oblivion without Aqua

Yep, it would also serve several purposes at once.
Xehanort could practically hit three birds with one stone.
In order to get at Ven's heart he needs to get at Sora, especially good opportunity to take out his greatest enemy and prevent the rescue of more of his enemies.
Furthermore with Ven as his captive he would have already "X-blade"-material at his hand, even if his heart is still injured, someone like MX would know how to use that to his advantage.
Last but not least he would also gain some sort of leverage over the good guys, by extension maybe especially in regards to Terra if he's still successful in resisting Xehanort somehow.

That's safe to assume I'd think. He would also starve in there so letting him wake up without having a way to guide him out would be a bad idea either way. *ggg*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back