• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wishful Thinking about the DIsney Bosses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
This doesn't exactly pertain to 3D but since it involves boss battle discussion, thought I'd put it in here.
Yeah, as has been mentioned, the Disney boss presence in this game is extremely underwhelming. Rinzler, Pete, Chernabog and Julius? Not that I don't appreciate the Chernabog fight, but we've already fought him, and then Pete/Julius we've fought in different forms. The Dream Eater fights look awesome, but all the same part of the appeal in the KH franchise is sticking it to the Disney villains. There's something satisfying about smacking around Jafar or going head to head with Scar, and no matter how fun the Dream Eater battles feel, it doesn't have that same oomph to it.

Now I'm scratching my head over all the missed opportunities for Disney boss battles as of late. It doesn't seem like time constraints, but that they just choose to forgo the boss battles altogether for no reason. As an example, watching the Legacy cutscenes, Clu is in the perfect position to fight Riku, but then it just cuts to the Praying Mantis Dream Eater.

So one thing I've been thinking is that, perhaps, the reason why this has been happening lately is because Nomura is saving them up for KH3.
I'm not saying that we'll be visiting La Cite des Cloches or Dwarf Woodlands again, but rather that the villains will still appear sans their worlds (a la Maleficent in KH1).

Can you imagine that?
A new gathering of villains in KH3 which would include Maleficent and Pete (of course), the Evil Queen, Frollo, Clu, and then villains from other worlds like Davy Jones from PotC, Syndrome from The Incredibles, etc. Hell, maybe even a Reaper from TWEWY since Sora promised to visit Shibuya (might be one of those pokemon I-know-we'll-meet-again-someday type deals, but at the very least Shibuya has been established in the canon, which is more than we can say for any Final Fantasy worlds). AND TACK ON GASTON FINALLY FOR GOOD MEASURE.

I mean, that right there, damn. That is sounding like a fine gathering of villains.
Bear in mind, though, that the Queen was never shown to have died, and Frollo and Clu only died in the RoS. Plus, even if they are actually dead, wouldn't be hard to bring them back. Just look at the likes of Oogie Boogie and Ursula...

And then for the villains without their own worlds, that'd give the writers the opportunity to utilize them in fresh and unexpected ways, branch out a bit. Maybe even have them appear in other Disney worlds.

So yeah. Wishful thinking, obviously. IDGAF

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I've been saying this for a long time, Disney villains in worlds other than their own and getting to fight them there, as well as a new villains group, would just be absolutely beautiful.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've kinda been thinking there would be multiple tiers of Disney villains.

Tier A-Maleficent, Pete, Hook, Hades. A modified version of the KH1 group.

Tier B-Local world villains

Though CLU being in another world would make for an interesting what if scenario to the movie: actually showing his attempts at conquering the real world.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Disney bosses—among other things—appearing more and more sporadically in Kingdom Hearts could have something to do with this game not being a real crossover. I’ve slowly come to realize that Kingdom Hearts is less a combining of elements from two parties and more a miscellaneous collection of sorts, a mass of solicited elements thrown together carelessly in a RPG about hearts and keys.

Had this been a real crossover title, we would see Kefka forming an alliance with Maleficent. We'd see Hercules locking horns with Jecht or Ultros pissing off Davy Jones or hassling Captain Hook with his shenanigans. We'd have Disney characters appearing in other Disney worlds, and even in the long sought-after Square-based worlds. Etc. /tangent

At any rate, are they saving Disney bosses for KHIII? I hope so. But then again I wouldn’t be all too surprised if we don't see a lot of Disney stuff appearing in that game either; I could see Nomura and Co. putting much of that stuff on the back burner so that they can focus on wrapping up the story. I could be wrong. Bleh.

Hopefully they make this a real crossover by time the next saga starts. :T

Edit: Stuff like this should be in Kingdom Hearts had it been a real crossover.

StMRyEire

Website
www.youtube.com
I was kind of hoping that we would have gotten the chance to fight Frollo in Dream Drop Distance. He was always one of my favorite villains from Disney movies. I'd also like to fight the Titans from Hercules. Maybe in KH3 they'll go with the actual plotline of Hercules and we'll get to go to Mt. Olympus and see the gods or even explore Thebes properly because that little bit we got in Birth by Sleep was miniscule. How about getting to fight the centaur the first time and then fight the Titans the next time (if they go with the second visit ala KH2). That would be pretty sweet and would take away from Olympus Coliseum being just a tournament world.

Zul

Awards
This is something that is really good for the series in a very obvious way, thus I can't really hope for it to happen.

MasterZeR0

Disney bosses—among other things—appearing more and more sporadically in Kingdom Hearts could have something to do with this game not being a real crossover. I’ve slowly come to realize that Kingdom Hearts is less a combining of elements from two parties and more a miscellaneous collection of sorts, a mass of solicited elements thrown together carelessly in a RPG about hearts and keys.

Had this been a real crossover title, we would see Kefka forming an alliance with Maleficent. We'd see Hercules locking horns with Jecht or Ultros pissing off Davy Jones or hassling Captain Hook with his shenanigans. We'd have Disney characters appearing in other Disney worlds, and even in the long sought-after Square-based worlds. Etc. /tangent

At any rate, are they saving Disney bosses for KHIII? I hope so. But then again I wouldn’t be all too surprised if we don't see a lot of Disney stuff appearing in that game either; I could see Nomura and Co. putting much of that stuff on the back burner so that they can focus on wrapping up the story. I could be wrong. Bleh.

Hopefully they make this a real crossover by time the next saga starts. :T

Edit: Stuff like this should be in Kingdom Hearts had it been a real crossover.

That was kinda very fucking awful. Both of those shows suck majorly. I think that was a poor example on your part... But I get what you mean.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
That was kinda very kupoing awful. Both of those shows suck majorly. I think that was a poor example on your part...

IDGAF So long as you're able to understand that clip was, for the most part, chosen by me to illustrate what a crossover should be like: a combining of elements. ;)

I hope they go back to the KH1 style of villians :/ but who knows

Me too. We need to see more stuff like this:

hjC72.jpg

In Kingdom Hearts.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
Yeah, need better Disney bosses, and we need the bosses to remain true to character; so that means returning Maleficent to her Kingdom Hearts/Movie self. KH2 was horrible. Adding in an alliance with a Final Fantasy villain or two would be great for the series too, imo. Could you imagine Maleficent working with Kefka, as has been already said, or working with the Emperor from II, as has not been said?

Zul

Awards
What would suit a disney game: 13 Disney villains working together.

What's actually happening: 13 of one non-disney guy working himself.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What would suit a disney game: 13 Disney villains working together.

What's actually happening: 13 of one non-disney guy working himself.
Well maybe they'll work in 13 queens of darkness to counter the PoH whereas baldies counter the keyblade protectors, though I struggle to even think of that many female Disney villains.

ddta1177

But if we would fight Frollo or the Evil Queen in Kh3, where would we fight them, like i don't want to be walking around in Robin Hood world and all of the sudden a really out of place Judge Claude Frollo appears and demands a battle or the Queen wandering around Bambi's Forest looking for a fight.

And even though it would've been wierd beating up an old lady with a sword, I still wanted a Lady Tremaine fight in Castle of Dreams in BBS.

MasterZeR0

But if we would fight Frollo or the Evil Queen in Kh3, where would we fight them, like i don't want to be walking around in Robin Hood world and all of the sudden a really out of place Judge Claude Frollo appears and demands a battle or the Queen wandering around Bambi's Forest looking for a fight.

And even though it would've been wierd beating up an old lady with a sword, I still wanted a Lady Tremaine fight in Castle of Dreams in BBS.

I agree with this. I kinda want the actual worlds to have only their original villain(s), whereas those who have no world could all be with Maleficent in RG or another original world. That sounds damn fiiiiine to me.

Seighart

Awards
I just want as many secret bosses as KH1 had. Kurt Zisa (i think that's right) and the Phantom were amazing battles. I can't remember if their were more.

MasterZeR0

Like some unique boss fights. The phantom...im still not sure if it was a heartless or something from Harry Potter...

Fairly certain it didn't have an emblem, so it was probably a Dementor. (JK, it was a pureblood).

MasterZeR0

I concur. I don't think I ever fought him without raging at least... the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back