• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Winnie the Pooh: Return to the Hundred Acre Wood

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
So there is a Winnie the Pooh sequel apparently, that's due to come out next Monday. It looks pretty decent, although of course, it wasn't written by A.A. Milne. I'll update as it goes along

so:

- it has been written by David Benedictus
- illustrated by Mark Burgess
- the story itself is based around Christopher Robin returning from school, and renewing the friendships with Pooh and friends
- there will be a new character, named Lottie the Otter

example of the illustrations:

pooh_1474907c.jpg

winnie-the-pooh_1235598c.jpg

discuss

Last edited:

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Didn't A.A. Milne already write two sequels for Winnie the Pooh?
One was The House on Pooh Corner, if memory serves; as for the other one, my mind's drawn a blank. (It feels incredibly odd knowing this information....)

Anyways, one simply does not barge into the Hundred-Acre Wood and add in another stuffed animal friend to the party. It's like creating a fourth Godfather book/movie involving a crime family other than the Corleones, or something to that effect.

That detail, aside, though, everything else seems A-OK by my Winnie-the-Pooh standards, the storyline especially.
I just hope that this new character will live up to the Hundred Acre Wood's standards and not ruin this new generation of children's vision of Pooh.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
The first thing that caught me out was the fact that an otter really doesn't seem to fit into the story at all, and... seemingly, Lottie the Otter sounds awfully familiar to me. I'm interested in getting this book for the heck of it, considering I don't think I've ever actually read any of the Winnie the Pooh books, but also because it's definitely going to be a very sought after collector's item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back