• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Winnie the Pooh Movie 2011

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
[video=youtube;QbFz--GCkOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbFz--GCkOM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Holy crap a winnie the pooh movie and its hand drawn. AWESOME!!!

blacksamurai2

Bronze Member
YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! This is after my favorite series. No the crap they got going on now. Must watch.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I might take a peek at-I mean watch this movie. Don't get classics like this these days. :3

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
This makes me indescribably happy inside. <333

What the fcuk is with the cutaways they're using for this trailer, though? Talk about out of fcuking place.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

What the fcuk is with the cutaways they're using for this trailer, though? Talk about out of fcuking place.

I was thinking the same thing.
But anyway, I heard about this back in the spring but glad to see there's a trailer out for it. Can't wait

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Just when I thought I didn't care about Pooh anymore comes this and I feel all tingly and fuzzy inside

opening fcuking day for this

Did christopher have a british voice in the show?

I don't think so, but Winnie the Pooh's author and his son (who was the basis for Cristopher Robin) were british, so that's probably why he has the accent. Either way it doesn't bother me.

also where the fcuk is rabbit >:C

edit: oh wait he's in the trailer he just didn't have any lines

never mind

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
That was the cutest thing in the world.
The art is so stunning. ;~;

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
Just when I thought I didn't care about Pooh anymore comes this and I feel all tingly and fuzzy inside

opening fcuking day for this

I don't think so, but Winnie the Pooh's author and his son (who was the basis for Cristopher Robin) were british, so that's probably why he has the accent. Either way it doesn't bother me.

also where the fcuk is rabbit >:C

edit: oh wait he's in the trailer he just didn't have any lines

never mind

Alright I wasn't sure...doesn't bother me.....it closer to the older show....i forgot that. I CAN"T WAIT...im so glad they went the hand-drawn route.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!

I had thought that they were Canadian.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
I love me some Winie the Pooh. Eeyore is like the most saddest thing ever. Tigger is the best and .... people compare me to Piglet so no.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
And here I was thinking I'd never watch another winnie the pooh anything past age 4. Ah fuck the art just makes makes me like jizz nostalgia.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
So does this mean Disney is trying to go back to 2D? I really hope so. I'd even be happy if they did a 2D 3D hybrid like what WB did with Iron Giant for their animated movies from now on.

Turn

(&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417;&#65374;&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I'd even be happy if they did a 2D 3D hybrid like what WB did with Iron Giant for their animated movies from now on.
Disney's been playing that game for years (since at least Beauty & The Beast; see the ballroom scene), but most notably with Treasure Planet, which featured 2D characters animated over and alongside 3D computer animation (backgrounds/environments and at least one character were entirely CG, while another character employed CG elements).

As for a comeback of traditional animation, I think that might depend entirely on Pooh's general (box office and critical) success. The Princess & The Frog did well enough in the box office, considering, and it was certainly met with enough critical acclaim, but any of the potential it's laid out doesn't mean successful execution in the long run. I think when people were declaring the death of hand-drawn a few years back, they were forgetting that movies can't stand on their medium alone (at least not for long), no matter how impressive -- they need a solid, intriguing premise to back it up, and that was something that so many of those last big flops were definitively lacking, be it via unsuccessful marketing campaigns or their own inherent failings. We can see the same thing happening to all these feature length CG films now, as well as all these other big budget films boasting 3D. Pixar's long-term success, for example, doesn't ride on their mastering of their favorite medium -- it rides on their consistent ability to tell a compelling story. If Disney or anyone else wants to revive hand-drawn animation, they have to (re)learn to start putting story alongside innovation; not after.

I've got my fingers crossed. <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back