• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Winnie the Pooh Movie 2011

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Disney's been playing that game for years (since at least Beauty & The Beast; see the ballroom scene), but most notably with Treasure Planet, which featured 2D characters animated over and alongside 3D computer animation (at least one character was entirely CG à la Iron Giant, while another character used CG elements).

As for a comeback of traditional animation, I think that might depend entirely on Pooh's box office success. The Princess & The Frog did well enough, and it was certainly met with enough critical acclaim, but potential doesn't mean successful execution in the long run. I think when people were declaring the death of hand-drawn, they were forgetting that movies can't stand on their medium alone (at least not for long), no matter how impressive -- they need a solid, intriguing premise to back it up, and that was something that so many of those last big flops were definitively lacking, be it via unsuccessful marketing campaigns or their own inherent failings. We can see the same thing happening to all these feature length CG films now, as well as all these other big budget films boasting 3D. Pixar's long-term success, for example, doesn't ride on their mastering of their favorite medium -- it rides on their consistent ability to tell a compelling story. If Disney or anyone else wants to revive hand-drawn animation, they have to (re)learn to start putting story alongside innovation; not after.

I've got my fingers crossed. <3
I completely forgot about Treasure Planet. I haven't seen it in a while but I remember I loved it. I'd be fin with Pixar sticking with their CG because, like you stated, their stories are strong enough to thrive off of that alone. Not just their CG. I'm seeing this for sure.

Cheaken

Awards
This movie looks sweet. I may go and see it if I get the chance whenever it comes out.

Edit: It's coming out on the same day as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. I could see it after I watch HP7P2.

Turn

(&#65417;&#9685;&#12526;&#9685;)&#65417;&#65374;&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Following up their recent efforts (The Princess & The Frog) with Winnie the Pooh was definitely a clever move, I think, too. Just looking at some of the responses here are a pretty good indication -- the trailer itself is already a hugely successful nostalgia trip. The target audience is clearly those who've grown up with the franchise (apart from the characters and premise, just listen to their musical choice for the trailer); they'll go for the familiarity and the trip down memory lane and, ideally, will be reminded of 2D's charms.

They've got me, hook, line and sinker, either way~

Aria

braver by the minute
I'm trying to tell myself that I shouldn't be as excited for this movie as I am because I am 15.

I can't help myself though. This bear saved my life (true story XD)

Bebop Blues

Silver Member
Edit: It's coming out on the same day as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. I could see it after I watch HP7P2.
That should be an interesting weekend at the box office. I gotta say though, Disney is making a ballsy move.
Following up their recent efforts (The Princess & The Frog) with Winnie the Pooh was definitely a clever move, I think, too. Just looking at some of the responses here are a pretty good indication -- the trailer itself is already a hugely successful nostalgia trip. The target audience is clearly those who've grown up with the franchise (apart from the characters and premise, just listen to their musical choice for the trailer); they'll go for the familiarity and the trip down memory lane and, ideally, will be reminded of 2D's charms.

They've got me, hook, line and sinker, either way~
Totally agreed.
I'm trying to tell myself that I shouldn't be as excited for this movie as I am because I am 15.

I can't help myself though. This bear saved my life (true story XD)
You shouldn't be embarrassed. There other people much older than you that want to see this as much, maybe even more, than you do.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Hey, I want to see this and I'm 21. The trailer is just adorable, and it's nice to see 2D Pooh back. (melts)

Relix

A traveler
Awards
D: no fair this was just TOO cute and nostalgic. well...i know what disney movie i'm hyped for... i thought i'd never see winnie the pooh anything ever again.

IceBlueWings

&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#12418;&#12387;&#12392;&#
POOOOOH!! XD I am so excited for this!! Eeyore is so blue and cute!! And I used to have a crush on Christopher Robin when I was a kid, it's so nice to see him again! I can't wait for this to come out! And Tigger is my favourite because he bounces!!

Coeurl

Demon Dance
wow.. nostalgic winnie the pooh? in classical 2D? im sold. definitely getting this

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Man. I will see this. I remember watching it every wednesday afternoon as a kid.

Gotta get up, I've gotta get going, I'm gonna see a friend of mine...

axel95

Awards
I heard about this like the last time I went to disney world. My family did this thing were a disney employee taught you how to draw a disney character. After it was done, he asked us a trivia question, and my mom answered it and got it right, so we got to keep the guy's drawing. The character was Winnie the Pooh and when we went up to get the drawing he told us about this!

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
FINALLY! Finally! FINALLY! They FINALLY bring back Christopher Robin! What the heck were Disney thinking to kick him out in "My friends Tigger and Pooh"? SO glad that Disney is finally starting to get it right.

Although I'm still trying to figure this out... is this a remake of the very first Winnie the Pooh movie that was based on the book or is this a new story entirely? Either way, it looks awesome.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
it's going to adapt 5 stories from A.A Milne that haven't received an adaptation from Disney yet

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
This help?

Please, I don't need no youtube vid to remember that song from start to finish. Thanks to the networks constantly screwing around with dubs, I even know two language versions of it.

Thanks though :3

Dang, now you got me singing.
All part of the plan.

IceBlueWings

This help?

Dang, now you got me singing.

Oh My Gawd I completely forgot about this theme song!! I used to be the first person to wake up on Sunday mornings to watch Winnie the Pooh!! Thank you so much madammina, the nostalgia... XD

IceBlueWings

I didn't forget about Pooh bear, I forgot the song... :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back