• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Windows Live Messenger Virus???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkness_boy6

Awards
My friend sent me a link that had my name in it and so I opened it and it asked if i wanted to open or save the file so I opened it then my virus protector popped up and said virus found and deleted
then a lot of people said wtf? and I said what and they said why did u send me that (but i didnt send them anything) and then they said that i sent them a link and I didnt (about 10 ppl said this)
should I be worried about this and if I should be what should I do?
I am currently doing a virus scan by the way

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
That's a pretty common way to spread a virus. Nobody ever pays attention to links they click on or file's they save/open.

Scan for spyware/adware too, to be safe.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Also, be a good guy, TELL the people it was sent to...

Atleast, let the people on your contact list be warned about it! For the love of all that is good, they must know.

Tell them NOT to click the link, that you were infected with some virus that send the messages.. etc.

Tell them that you are ONLY trying to help stop spreading it by warning them.

Also, run root kit checks and spyware checks, as well as anti-virus (which any good anti-virus should detect trojans...)..

~~Azurith

darkness_boy6

Awards
dont worry when i opened everyone was like wtf and i asked them if they opened it and they all said no and also i put "dont open the link i send you" in my username

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back