• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Windows 8.1 issues.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
Hello yello, I'm having some serious issues with my Vaio Windows 8.1 computer. It's become reeeeeeeeeeally slow when starting up, apps won't show and anything I try to view in desktop mode loads slowly then runs slowly, the only thing working correctly are my web browsers Mozilla and Chrome. This all started happening yesterday and, according to some searches I made, it's possible one of my apps or even the app market itself is corrupted and won't show any of them. I tried with another user that's in this computer and the same problems appear.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Are many people making these claims, or are you the only one? Because I've yet to update and I don't want to yet if this is a widespread problem.

State

Awards
Are many people making these claims, or are you the only one? Because I've yet to update and I don't want to yet if this is a widespread problem.

According to my simple searches in Google, the common denominator is the upgrade to Windows 8.1

Edit:

Apparently, when running msconfig all processes related to apps have been disabled (and I haven't touched those settings). :v

Edit2:

I enabled the Windows related processes that were stopped, but they keep getting disabled after a restart. Looks like I may have to restore/reset the computer, assuming it lets me, seeing as how I can't even access those options on the Start screen because when I try to run an app, it closes. :/

Last edited:

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I updated and have had no problems. Might be your computer and not the update that is the problem.

State

Awards
Have you tried repairing your registry?

I try installing a registry cleaner, but it doesn't even let me do that. Either the browser blocks the execution or Windows itself does. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back