• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Win 7 deletion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 36435

Yep all that shit, I ran a virus search, deleted threats and then Win 7 comes and poses fake threats I deleted yesterday just for my money
I'm not sure that Windows 7 is your antivirus. It's an operating system. You know, it's possible to get threats after you delete them.

I also have no idea how they are making money off your computer being infected.

Uninstall your current antivirus, and I'm going to go out and guess it's Norton or McAfee and install Microsoft Security Essentials. Run a FULL SCAN (be patient) and follow the steps it tells you.

or you could torrent it, your choice
This isn't relevant to anything.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Unless your version of windows 7 is a bogus copy (which can happen sometimes but it is very very rare) that is just your computer being attacked repeatedly by virus, which is common. Either you have faulty virus protection, your firewall isn't on, or you are going on sites that are filled with viruses so maybe you shouldn't go on them.

The solution is not uninstalling your entire operating system. Instead, check and see if you have fake virus protection (like those system registry programs that tell you have over hundreds of errors or Norton, which is not reliable at all) and buy some virus protection like kapersky. And download Microsoft security essentials like Victor suggests.

D

Deleted member 36435

No I'm talking about the anti virus system, I cleared the threats from my own computer files, damn it
I'm not sure that Windows 7 is your antivirus. It's an operating system. You know, it's possible to get threats after you delete them.

I also have no idea how they are making money off your computer being infected.

Uninstall your current antivirus, and I'm going to go out and guess it's Norton or McAfee and install Microsoft Security Essentials. Run a FULL SCAN (be patient) and follow the steps it tells you.

This isn't relevant to anything.
Do this and be happy.
It takes like 10 minutes.

Things like cookies from your browser also come up as threats in most antivirus programs.

D

Deleted member 36435

Don't manually remove viruses, chances are you are going to do it wrong.
A free antivirus is easier and automated. It is also IMMEDIATE. Meaning that the malware isn't sitting there gathering information while you fumble to remove it.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

If you read that article, you'd see that Windows 7 isn't your problem, but a spyware virus that claims to be Windows 7. I've had to deal with these many times.
All you need to do is run your computer in Safe Mode, and use Malwarebytes to run a scan and quarantine them. Malwarebytes is a free program, and it's very good.

edit: Also, don't try to use Malwarebytes out of Safe Mode, as these viruses can get around Malwarebytes out of Safe Mode. And if you still can't get rid of it, just use System Restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back