• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Willa Holland Recently in Recording Booth for Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Nothing in Gallagher/Osment's work over the years is anywhere near as bad as the voice acting in BbS. Leonard Nimoy is the only one that keeps that game from sounding like a group of corpses.

Well, Nimoy and Lee certainly have a very well founded reason why they're no more involved and as for that Zane guy...designating someone who only participated in one single title of the series as a main voice actor is certainly somewhat stretching it.
But Lee had to be replaced quite a while before he passed.

And Zane was the main voice actor of Ansem, SoD, and that's not going to change. I'll be glad when the Xehanort saga is over so people will stop whining that other people don't think Epcar is as good as Zane. Thankfully the character's role is tiny outside of KH1 and CoM, so the change in voce actors has been easier to ignore.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
You're forgetting Jesse McCartney in BbS, Tartarus;)

I understand what you're saying, though, but I think it's more the fault of voice direction and a bad script--like Sephiroth said above--more than the actors themselves. Seeing how much the story/script has dropped so much in quality since 1, it's really no surprise that these ridiculous lines can't be easily sold, tbh.

Haley Joel Osment definitely has the hardest role, imo. Oh, Sora. You're way too happy now--with no real emotional depth at all anymore, sadly--and way too flowery with your words and also just too dumb. And yet... Haley Joel Osment sells it so well, but it can't be easy for him.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Also guys Travis Willingham is unmistakably voicing Aced, or whoever the Foreteller was that said "that was foolish" in the E3 trailer.

And also I love Richard Epcar and especially in how much he's grown as SOD, but I've always figured that Clancy Brown might be a good replacement for Billy Zane. Especially using his Lex Luthor voice, he can make his voice very light, a bit flowery, dignified, but still be intimidating. Just a little passing thought.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Qthey sound farmilar but didn't the va say it not her

Yeah, she did. She could always be lying to protect her NDA, though. But somehow I doubt it.

But yeah: not knowing who Ava is is driving me insane, too. It could be worse, however. -looks at how we only just found out who's voicing the english cast in ffxv-

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I can deal with almost anyone's voice in BbS, but a lot of Terra's lines bothered me. It had to be bad direction because he's constantly emphasizing the wrong things. One that constantly sticks out to me is his monologue in Destiny Islands as he's walking through the seaside shack. That part just bothers me SO much. The other one is in Deep Space when Stitch steals his charm. There's some parts where he's totally fine (when he's talking to Riku) and others where it seems like he was forced to say it a certain way and it just sounds bad.

For Aqua, really, the only lines I cringe at is at the very beginning. The "Because you guys act just like brothers." and then the laughing afterwards. I feel like... the translators could have found a way to make that less awkward.

"You're fighting like siblings."
"You're acting like little kids."

Something that isn't as blatantly pushing the "brothers" thing. I can't watch that scene for too long. It hurts.

Other than that, she's fine. I remember when I first heard her voice, I was disappointed and did not find it fitting. But now, for whatever reason, it just perfectly fits to me. Especially in 0.2 so far, she sounds great.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
I can deal with almost anyone's voice in BbS, but a lot of Terra's lines bothered me. It had to be bad direction because he's constantly emphasizing the wrong things. One that constantly sticks out to me is his monologue in Destiny Islands as he's walkthrough the seaside shack. That part just bothers me SO much. The other one is in Deep Space when Stitch steals his charm. There's some parts where he's totally fine (when he's talking to Riku) and others where it seems like he was forced to say it a certain way and it just sounds bad.

For Aqua, really, the only lines I cringe at is at the very beginning. The "Because you guys act just like brothers." and then the laughing afterwards. I feel like... the translators could have found a way to make that less awkward.

"You're fighting like siblings."
"You're acting like little kids."

Something that isn't as blatantly pushing the "brothers" thing. I can't watch that scene for too long. It hurts.

Other than that, she's fine. I remember when I first heard her voice, I was disappointed and did not find it fitting. But now, for whatever reason, it just perfectly fits to me. Especially in 0.2 so far, she sounds great.
Agreed with everything.

(Though Aqua didn't say that. She said 'You would make the weidest brothers", but yeah, I get what you mean. :D)

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Agreed with everything.

(Though Aqua didn't say that. She said 'You would make the weidest brothers", but yeah, I get what you mean. :D)

As yes, that's what it was. I erased the cringe from my mind.

Master_Aqua

It's great that Willa is voicing Aqua, as we all probably know by now. On the topic of what she could be recording, I forgot who said it but one of the things could be battle quotes and whatnot because in the footage of the demo that actually has sound, it seems there is something new for when Aqua takes damage.

Nevertheless, can't wait for what lies ahead.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Terra's voice actor and Aqua's voice actor in BBS was horrendous. We haven't heard Terra in 6 years, so he better have improved since.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Terra's voice actor and Aqua's voice actor in BBS was horrendous. We haven't heard Terra in 6 years, so he better have improved since.

They weren't.
How about you check out some other works they did before blaming them and them alone. It was the voice direction that ruined a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back