• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will you be getting the Japanese version of KH2.5?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
2 months is a long wait for the most anticipated ReMIX's. Since the PS3 is region-free, will any of you be importing the game and/or it's collectors editions from Japan, or will you wait out the 2 months and enjoy an English copy of the game?

Personally, I just paid off my Japanese version of KH2.5, even paid an extra $30 to try and make sure it's here close to the Japanese release date in 2 months.

nxtgarnett5

I personally don't think I will get getting the Japanese version. As much as I would love too, it is going to be right in the middle of going back to school, and I feel like I wouldn't have time for it anyways. But when it gets released in North America in December, I will be right on my winter break for about 5 weeks with plenty of time to play. Had it been released in the middle of summer in Japan I might given it more thought.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
OOOOh no. No no no. I will not be having my Kingdom Hearts in Japanese. Having something entirely in a language I don't understand is not something I can really handle. I can barely watched subbed movies and anime. I have no concept of the Japanese language and I don't plan on jumping through any hoops to try and play any game I ever get.

MegaCore5

Awards
OOOOh no. No no no. I will not be having my Kingdom Hearts in Japanese. Having something entirely in a language I don't understand is not something I can really handle. I can barely watched subbed movies and anime. I have no concept of the Japanese language and I don't plan on jumping through any hoops to try and play any game I ever get.
I honestly wouldn't mind became being in Japanese since I've already played the game. It would help me brush up more on my Japanese (I just passed Japanese 2) last spring at my high school). At first the Japanese grammar and language structure was hard to pick up on but after a while you get the hang of it :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I felt the same way until I got KH1.5. I managed to get through that game by memorising the basic symbols and using the pictures provided in the game to make my way around.

I honestly wouldn't mind became being in Japanese since I've already played the game. It would help me brush up more on my Japanese (I just passed Japanese 2) last spring at my high school). At first the Japanese grammar and language structure was hard to pick up on but after a while you get the hang of it :)
Playing in another language does help. I learnt how to recognise the word "Aero" so I could use it in my short cuts list aha

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I will get myself the Japanese version, and if possible, by pre-ordering (since it will have a serial code that can be redeemed for a card for use in Chi).

Another reason as to why I'm getting the Japanese copy is to scrutinise the new additions (mainly new synthesis roster and special Heartless) in advance. This way, once people start getting around to play the English version, I hopefully will be able to help them by leveraging on said prior exposure. Last time, I did this with 1.5 and was amazed myself at how my knowledge was beneficial to others.

MegaCore5

Awards
Although I want to also get the game in Japanese it has nothing to do with my lack of patience as I mentioned earlier. I have a lot of patience when it comes to release dates including SSB4 too which also comes out in December!

damn

Hmmm...wondering if this will feature Optional English Voice Acting like the original Final Mix did...I know 1.5 didn't have that option
Hearing Disney characters in Japanese just makes me wanna hurl...terrible just terrible

Anyways...no.I don't understand Japanese and neither do I understand their Kanji/Katakana alphabet...that coupled with the terrible japanese voices for the Disney characters is a no-go for me

Yamuraiha

Awards
I never imported a game from Japan. I might pre-order the English version though.. if I can. I'll just have to be patient.

omnipresent

Nope. Personally can't play a game in another language no matter how much I love it. Will wait until December like most others have stated.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Nope. I didn't get any of the Final Mixes when they first came out so I'm going to wait this one out too. I've waited 3/7 years for BBSFM/KH2FM so I can wait another 4 months. xD

I will get myself the Japanese version, and if possible, by pre-ordering (since it will have a serial code that can be redeemed for a card for use in Chi).

Another reason as to why I'm getting the Japanese copy is to scrutinise the new additions (mainly new synthesis roster and special Heartless) in advance. This way, once people start getting around to play the English version, I hopefully will be able to help them by leveraging on said prior exposure. Last time, I did this with 1.5 and was amazed myself at how my knowledge was beneficial to others.

That would be great. I know you helped out a lot for 1.5 so it would be great if you decide to for 2.5 as well. :)

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

This would be great! It's nice to have some input from the inside, since a lot of us won't be getting the Japanese editions, it seems.
I know I'm not. Like gamerobber: I've waited this long, so I might as well hold off a bit longer!

limit

If I do get a JP version, it'll be because of the collector's edition. Apparently KH2 isn't even hard to play through in JP if you're fairly familiar with English, and I watch a lot of JP gameplay anyway. Heck, I learned a little Katakana so I can recognize a bunch of characters.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
If I do get a JP version, it'll be because of the collector's edition. Apparently KH2 isn't even hard to play through in JP if you're fairly familiar with English, and I watch a lot of JP gameplay anyway. Heck, I learned a little Katakana so I can recognize a bunch of characters.

Haha, I only know Hiragana, so it hardly ever helps me XD

davidXIIIaxel

Haha, I only know Hiragana, so it hardly ever helps me XD
i can understand most of the concept in kingdom hearts 2 final mix because at one point i was taking a language class in japanese with a couple of my buddies. and it always helps to expiriment on the abilities and combos and basically the content. also there was that english patch by keytotruth i think it was. it was pretty spot on, but i found a couple of flaw's in some of the npc's translation.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hell yes I'm importing the Japanese version. The remasters are a special occasion for me, and I'm a pretty big fan of the Japanese dub as well. I'll also be purchasing the Memorial Ultimania that releases on the same day, so October will be an odd spending month for me, who usually won't go out of the way to purchase items that I just want​.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Hell yes I'm importing the Japanese version. The remasters are a special occasion for me, and I'm a pretty big fan of the Japanese dub as well. I'll also be purchasing the Memorial Ultimania that releases on the same day, so October will be an odd spending month for me, who usually won't go out of the way to purchase items that I just want​.

Haha! Well, sometimes we hafta make wonderful sacrifices for our happiness and sanity~

I kinda wish I had the motivation to import it, actually. I think I'd really enjoy the challenge. It'd be like playing a big puzzle!

davidXIIIaxel

so with it how are you going to play? do you need a japanese ps3 to play or because its imported you can use the regular ps3? also do you understand it well enough to play? or is there a way to patch it so that the subs are english? because i also love the original japanese dub. but dont get me wrong i love the english dub as well, i think they chose some good voice actors for the game. :)

Haha! Well, sometimes we hafta make wonderful sacrifices for our happiness and sanity~

I kinda wish I had the motivation to import it, actually. I think I'd really enjoy the challenge. It'd be like playing a big puzzle!
well puzzles are my thing. i like to figure things out. i posted earlier that i was able to play through kingdom hearts 2 final mix by testing things out and it was without english subs. and it always helps to take a japanese language class lol :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back