• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Xion's black hair related to Skuld?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

yuyayuzu

Awards
We know that it is explained that Roxas hair is blonde because of Ventus. But, has it ever been explained that why Xion's hair is black? Yeah, Xion's appearance depends on other person but if Xion resembles Kairi, why is it not just brown then? As far as I am concerned, there is no one that is related to Sora before the adventure has black hair and of course Roxas. How if the black hair is because of Ven's deep memory that he is grateful to Skuld for whatever happened since the dark road also seems to have her possibly in it . Well, I don't think Nomura has thought this before but he could just put up a plot twist like this like Ventus and Roxas, right?

D

Deleted member 252753

I am pretty sure there's never been an in-universe explanation for the black hair. All I could find was the Days Ultimania interview where Nomura just said that they decided Xion should look like Kairi but with different hair, in the same way Naminé has blonde hair.

If Nomura wants to make it connected with Skuld I think your explanation is pretty good. If Xion's appearance were affected by Skuld and also Skuld is Subject X then it would make Saïx's refusal to see Xion as more than a puppet slightly ironic.

LoneFox

Awards
I've been thinking about possible connection between them too. It's not just the hair, but the ears...
The explanation would be that Vexen left his computer unlocked during a lunch break and got goated. In other words, Luxu mixed some of Skuld's data in Sora's memories from which Xion was created. But why would he do this?

yuyayuzu

Awards
I am pretty sure there's never been an in-universe explanation for the black hair. All I could find was the Days Ultimania interview where Nomura just said that they decided Xion should look like Kairi but with different hair, in the same way Naminé has blonde hair.

If Nomura wants to make it connected with Skuld I think your explanation is pretty good. If Xion's appearance were affected by Skuld and also Skuld is Subject X then it would make Saïx's refusal to see Xion as more than a puppet slightly ironic.
I hope it will be related

yuyayuzu

Awards
I've been thinking about possible connection between them too. It's not just the hair, but the ears...
The explanation would be that Vexen left his computer unlocked during a lunch break and got goated. In other words, Luxu mixed some of Skuld's data in Sora's memories from which Xion was created. But why would he do this?
If it is Luxu the one that did it, why xion appears as ventus for him?

LoneFox

Awards
If it is Luxu the one that did it, why xion appears as ventus for him?
That is a good question. I have no idea.

My point was that Luxu is the only one who could do this, because no-one else knows where Skuld is.

yuyayuzu

Awards
That is a good question. I have no idea.

My point was that Luxu is the only one who could do this, because no-one else knows where Skuld is.
What I think of is if xion's appearance is related with how other people see it, then assume that skuld is subject x then it is understandable if axel thinks she has black hair but roxas on the other hand will not see her hair as black except in his deep memory exists someone with black hair

Zetsumei

Awards
She had black hair in days, but her hair color was changed to a dark brown to more closely match Sora's hair color I believe. Since she was originally made to copy Sora's ability to use the keyblade.

I dont see any reason why she would have a connection to Skuld, other than maybe she picked up some of Axel's memories of her. Though I think the secret reports said that neither Axel or Saix ever actually saw what she looked like.

yuyayuzu

Awards
She had black hair in days, but her hair color was changed to a dark brown to more closely match Sora's hair color I believe. Since she was originally made to copy Sora's ability to use the keyblade.

I dont see any reason why she would have a connection to Skuld, other than maybe she picked up some of Axel's memories of her. Though I think the secret reports said that neither Axel or Saix ever actually saw what she looked like.

Well, it is nomura so who knows what will happen next and her dark brown color is maybe caused by lighting

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I've heard this theory for awhile now. It would only make sense if Subject X is in fact Skuld. If not then the two do not need to be connected. And like Dast said it would be very ironic considering how Saix use to treat her, and thus never seeing the connection.

With that said Xion has more of a brownish black hair style now, as compared to her pure black hair from Days. Because Xion is a fusion of Sora and Kairi they can make a in-universe reason as to why her hair changed. If it's true then Ventus's connection with Skuld impacted her hair then Ven has just as much influence on Sora's heart as Kairi does. Two pure hearts going into Sora and affecting his clones appearances. Or Xion's just super weird, which everyone already knows that XD

LoneFox

Awards
Let's take that back. The data may be from the time before Xehanort took over, in which case we can assume that everyone in the organization has access to it.

Foxycian

Awards
Kingdom hearts 3 seems to look just a very very dark brown hair for some reason.

Back