• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will We Ever See a Full 358/2 Days Remake?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago

They originally wanted to remake the game entirely for 1.5, but they didn't have enough time to, so they settled for just remaking the cutscenes.

That being said, will we ever see them fully remake it? Would you support their decision if they did?

I'm really hoping we do see it in a future Kingdom Hearts collection for the PS4, something similar to Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, seeing as the PS4 isn't supposed to be getting a KH1.5 or 2.5 release. Something entitled "Kingdom Hearts: Xehanort Saga Collection" or something along the lines of that.

The DS didn't give this game the treatment it deserved, in my opinion. The only games that would seriously benefit from a remake would be Re:coded and 358/2 Days, and somewhat Birth By Sleep. All the other ones still hold up just fine, in my opinion.

Also, we already have the cutscenes from the game, might as well just go all in.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They also said that if they were going to remake the whole game, they might as well start a brand new project altogether.

Since I'm not particularly fond of Days, I think I'd cast my vote for a brand new title.

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I think the best chance of this getting a full remake is when a full remake becomes easier.

or at least closer to the twentieth anniversary of the series, if they don't do much else to commemorate the occassion.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if, after 2.5 is released, that small team goes on to work on DLC for 358/2 Days and Re:Coded.

Releasing those in chunks to tide us over until the next DLC pack is ready. Like $5.99 for Days 7-51 or a season pass for $40 (I'm probably basing this more on Australian prices.)

Gram

Banned
Awards
They also said that if they were going to remake the whole game, they might as well start a brand new project altogether.

Since I'm not particularly fond of Days, I think I'd cast my vote for a brand new title.

My stance as well but given how much I hated days on the ds a remake could do it some slight justice if they actually make the plot focus on more than just Roxas moping and Xion running away.
If they do remake it I want me more time focused on other org members.

And as for Re:coded, given how short the story is I dont see how much it could benefit from a remake though it'd be a pretty cool dlc game 10yrs from now.

Korai

Awards
I think a full remake of days would be good. it is a little short for a console game, but thats because they skipped over several days at a time. If they made up more missions for some of those days, i think the length would be a lot better, and maybe if they changed the panel system to a more traditional one, maybe the command deck from BBS? I think coded is probably a little too short, though

Gram

Banned
Awards
I think a full remake of days would be good. it is a little short for a console game, but thats because they skipped over several days at a time. If they made up more missions for some of those days, i think the length would be a lot better, and maybe if they changed the panel system to a more traditional one, maybe the command deck from BBS? I think coded is probably a little too short, though
I think the panel system would actually be more enjoyable if they took out the level panels, which take up most your space, and made it a little like re:codeds.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The reason I hate them so ^
The panel system had so much room and quite a few possibilities of customization but the level panels end up taking up most the space. Made the system more annoying than enjoyable.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
IMO Days needs more than just a graphics overhaul, the entire structure of the game needs rethinking.

-The story mode was padded & tedious, making the player go to the same worlds constantly & fighting recolors of the same enemies over & over.
-Mission mode suffer because it had no unique missions. Every one of them the player already played in story mode, so what's the point of playing them again?
-Planned content including whole worlds was cut so Story Mode wouldn't be even MORE drawn out. This content could've been exclusive to Mission Mode but apparently that was an idea that never crossed Nomura or H.A.N.D.'s minds.

If I had it my way Days would've taken more after Crisis Core's design: Story Mode as chapter based telling key events of Roxas' life, no missions. About 12-13 chapters each about the length of a standard world visit. Mission Mode would have side missions for each of the 358 days & it's own cutscenes to fill out sub-plots. New bosses & possibly whole extra worlds would be exclusive to Mission Mode to give players more incentive to play it.

& online multiplayer.

& more Disney bosses, how did they not put Gaston in this?

& Command Deck. Magic heavy characters got screwed in Days.

& why don't Vexen & Goofy have higher defense stats than the rest? They have shields!

I have a LOT of gripes with this game if you haven't noticed.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Well if they were to make it play the same as the DS version then no because Days is my least favorite KH to play. But if they changed up the mission types and tweaked the panel system then maybe i'd be ok with it. :p

Gram

Banned
Awards
IMO Days needs more than just a graphics overhaul, the entire structure of the game needs rethinking.

-The story mode was padded & tedious, making the player go to the same worlds constantly & fighting recolors of the same enemies over & over.
-Mission mode suffer because it had no unique missions. Every one of them the player already played in story mode, so what's the point of playing them again?
-Planned content including whole worlds was cut so Story Mode wouldn't be even MORE drawn out. This content could've been exclusive to Mission Mode but apparently that was an idea that never crossed Nomura or H.A.N.D.'s minds.

If I had it my way Days would've taken more after Crisis Core's design: Story Mode as chapter based telling key events of Roxas' life, no missions. About 12-13 chapters each about the length of a standard world visit. Mission Mode would have side missions for each of the 358 days & it's own cutscenes to fill out sub-plots. New bosses & possibly whole extra worlds would be exclusive to Mission Mode to give players more incentive to play it.

& online multiplayer.

& more Disney bosses, how did they not put Gaston in this?

& Command Deck. Magic heavy characters got screwed in Days.

& why don't Vexen & Goofy have higher defense stats than the rest? They have shields!

I have a LOT of gripes with this game if you haven't noticed.

I like the Crisis Core idea, the game was to drawn out to be sure. Also nobody doesn't make appearances in kh like Gaston. 8D

Don't forget the hp bars of enemies. They was so freaking long that the enemies themselves became tedious, not challenging SE, T-E-D-I-O-U-S.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Technically, in the timeline, Gaston would not have appeared in the Beast's Castle presumably until after the second visit in KH2, since the Beast becomes human in the credits. If he were to appear in Days, it'd probably be outside the castle.

But the idea of a Crisis core structure to the story, including the mission mode, is very appealing to me and there have been times I wished Days was more like that.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Technically, in the timeline, Gaston would not have appeared in the Beast's Castle presumably until after the second visit in KH2, since the Beast becomes human in the credits. If he were to appear in Days, it'd probably be outside the castle.

But the idea of a Crisis core structure to the story, including the mission mode, is very appealing to me and there have been times I wished Days was more like that.

Assuming the events happen like they do in the movie to the letter.

Agreed.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Assuming the events happen like they do in the movie to the letter.

Agreed.

which is what KH kinda likes to do, and considering the film does take place over more than a year, with or without KH, it feels safe to assume.

But let's not go off topic. I still like the idea of using Crisis Core structure

Gram

Banned
Awards
which is what KH kinda likes to do, and considering the film does take place over more than a year, with or without KH, it feels safe to assume.

But let's not go off topic. I still like the idea of using Crisis Core structure

Only kh2 done that. The worlds stories in kh1 were mostly their own.

A crisis core structure is what it needed. Dx

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
bump (sorry :p)

I just found these... makes me sad that a full remake never happened.

BNbkwcZ.png

PZZZTnc.png

ObG0Bl3.png

2r6lXAb.png

kh13

I think it would be a nice idea. That way I'm not looking at a tiny screen all day. Hopefully they would let you do more missions so that you could have more action. I think that's be a good idea.

MyNameisAnsem

I'd like to see one, but I'd much rather get KHIII here sooner. If it's a choice between a Days remake but delayed KH3 or KH3 sooner but no Days remake, I'd say no remake. Maybe it'll come after KH3 though, who knows.

BlueKey777

Banned
This is a project that should happen when Nomura has more free time (in other words as soon as kh3 is complete). Just to bump on your idea I'd like the multiplayer for the game to get a nice revamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back