• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Verum Rex be kingdom hearts 4 or will it be something else?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bloodblade777

Will "Verum Rex" be the basis of KH4 or will it be its own separate thing to KH4? what are your thoughts?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Verum Rex will not be a KINGDOM HEARTS game, but here are my thoughts as to what it could end up being:
* It'll be a full fledged game of its own
* It'll be a full fledged game of its own under the KINGDOM HEARTS brand, like: Kingdom Hearts VERUM REX
* It'll be a hub world in the next KH game
* It'll be one of many worlds in the next KH game
* It'll be a hub world/one of many worlds in the next KH game but will then get its own game

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
For the moment I just expect it to be a hub world like Castle Oblivion for DDD Volume 2/KH4 instead of a separate title. The city will be the main location while the player accesses different Disney and OC worlds somehow

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I've heard many say that Verum Rex could be like a tutorial level like Data Twilight Town was for KH2.

It also could possibly serve as the final world location for KH4 or a game leading into it. Both Keyblade Graveyard and TWTNW were revealed in secret trailers in the mainline titles too. So that should be in consideration.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
The people saying Verum Rex won't be it's own game especially under KH astounds me tbqh. It's way more likely than a mythical DDD2 with Riku and Kairi or an even more laughable Days 2 or BBS2. Nomura has made it clear that Yozora's to be a big centerpiece for the future of KH and has said many times how different Verum Rex is from Versus XIII and how Verum Rex isn't a thing yet. So honestly, a Yozora-focused game seems pretty damn inevitable to finally flesh him out like how Roxas and TAV also got their own games to expand on their origins.

the red monster

Awards
Main world of KH4, like hollow bastion KH2, with a lot of revisits and the world gets bigger as the story progress (aka unlock more parts of the world)

blank points

Awards
As for Verum Rex, chances are it will act as the hub world for the next KH game. It should be noted that in an interview for Re:Mind, it was mentioned that they wanted to introduce a new world, but decided to wait until the next game. It's pretty clear that this world was Shibuya. If you explore the world out of bounds, Shibuya is very well detailed, far too detailed to be used a simple boss stage. I would not say no to Verum Rex becoming its own thing, however.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Verum Rex has to solidify itself as an actual thing first and not just a zany addition to the KH-universe.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Verum Rex has to actually solidify itself as an actual thing and not just a zany addition to the KH-universe.
This, which is why I'm inclined to believe that Nomura will use the KINGDOM HEARTS brand to sort of "market" a possible Versus XIII spiritual successor (Verum Rex), or just give up and implement the leftover ideas in the KH Universe.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I’ll throw my hat in.

It won’t be a separate series, and more likely will be a world in the next installment, whether a hub or just another level remains to be seen. Specifically, a different worldline from the main one where the war didn’t occur and the original world didn’t break apart, with a consistent and uniform progression of time until it reached the modern era (the 104 shopping mall and the Tochō). There is no Age of Fairy Tales nor Age of Prophecy. The way I see it, dimensional travel for whoever the main will be probably won’t be gummiship all that often, but a dimensional slip or device that allows visitation between the worldlines, sort of like the Historia Crux, but for dimensions rather than time, since Time Travel already has its own set of rules in KH. However, gummiship will still be used to visit the different worlds in the main worldline.

As for the Disney conundrum, it’s actually a relief that Yozora is technically owned by Disney, and it would be best to stay that way. Disney is infamous for being vicious on the legal field, and that’s the only protection Nomura’s got from a repeat of Noctis. Disney would sooner chew up and spit out another acquisition deal rather than let any of their IP go without a hefty cheque and explicit approval. I think what you all really meant was “I wish Verum Rex would be rated T to M by the ESRB without Disney being (pardon my language) an uptight little bitch about it.”

Chie

Awards
I'd love a Verum Rex game (maybe an excuse for a KH story to be told outside of the KH format of going to various worlds etc.) but I'm not really convinced of it yet. Verum Rex teasing has mostly been restricted to secret endings so far, how it fits into anything is quite unknown.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I don't think Disney owns Verum Rex, someone correct me if I am wrong.
If it doesn't say "Verum Rex owned by Square-Enix" anywhere in the credits, then Disney owns it.

Disney does own almost everything in Kingdom Hearts but Verum Rex is purely Square Enix owned since its based off Versus 13
"Based on" doesn't means shit. It's not actually legally Vs.XIII. Every name, every copyrightable aspect is different.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't think Disney owns Verum Rex, someone correct me if I am wrong.
Unless there's some sort of funny legal business going on due to the similarities to Versus, I think they do.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
When you really think about it the Verum Rex characters aren't really any different then Axel/Leas. OCs inspired by FF characters are still treated as OCs

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
They definitely do. Though I do wonder how Sora got into WoFF; the restrictions about that must be lax so long as Disney gave Nomura the freedom to do as he wishes with original KH characters.

I wonder how the execs in SE reacted when they found out about Yozora, especially with the Mouse’s knife on their throats. Even Shimomura got away with an alliterative Somnus at the secret ending.

Back