• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will the Xbox 360 or X1 get the remixes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Multiplatform does usually mean more money. More people playing the game, therefore more people playing the whole series (depending upon if its a series game or not) and the list goes on.

Multiplatform still requires funds, both for development and distribution.

No, KH3 would have been multiplatform either way because Square are losing money and they need all the money they can get.
Like I said before, the idea of "Square losing money" is news to me.

Probably because Microsoft paid them a lot of money for KH3...
Yeah, that's the first thought that comes to mind.

(Still double-posting :v
Not trying to back-seat mod, just trying to warn you before someone else does.)

Edit: Responding to Pestilence's response

SoraDrive

It probably doesn't matter if it didn't do that well on 360. Microsoft probably payed them big sums of money just to appear on the stage and announce the game for the 360. Same for free marketing campaing for 360 version. The 360 port was pretty bad so they clearly didn't take much pressure to make it on par with PS3 version so in short: free money. And it isn't like the Xbox version didn't sell any copies, I think it was 3:1 in the US. Much less but it still is an ok slice.

As for the X1 the biggest reason of them all is easy to guess: it is impossible to predict how exactly the next generation will turn out. What if Xbox grew even larger than it was this generation and Square had some papers signed with Sony to make it exclusive? They would be screwed with how big the budgets are needed for next gen development. So the most important thing in making multiplats this early is covering all bases.

I doubt it. More like Sony didn't pay much to keep it exclusive. Microsoft was on a spending spree last gen to secure multiplats, especially FF13. It didn't do much for them in the end but they for now have 50% of the HD marketshare. They don't have to pay anything to get a port of every single mainstream HD game unless Sony buys the exclusivity for it.

Easiest way to spot if MS had payed big moneyz for the KH3 port: they would have announced it at Microsoft Press Conference.

You are right, I didn't think of it that way. Anyways, I don't really care as long as Square get's the job done and make another amazing KH title and the best KH game they can make.

Buying a PS4 for it though :)

Nayru's Love

Awards
As for the X1 the biggest reason of them all is easy to guess: it is impossible to predict how exactly the next generation will turn out. What if Xbox grew even larger than it was this generation and Square had some papers signed with Sony to make it exclusive? They would be screwed with how big the budgets are needed for next gen development. So the most important thing in making multiplats this early is covering all bases.

To be fair, I don't think FFXIII was as much of a leap of faith as KH3 seems to be, given FF's established history. If anything, its sales indicate that the Xbox fanbase would be even less interested in a jRPG/Disney game of all things.

But I agree with you, in that the console war was much different back when they would have made the decision.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Well of course it does, but usually its well worth it in the end.

Depending on the game of course
Commercial results alone are still questionable when it comes to whether or not it's worth the effort, at least for multi-platform games with sales ratios similar to 3:1 (in my opinion, at least). You also have to take into consideration what the developers may have tried to achieve beyond commercial success (such as simply trying to make a memorable game). Maybe they could have avoided popular flaws of FFXIII, had they put their resources into that instead of multi-platform development?

Kisame

Commercial results alone are still questionable when it comes to whether or not it's worth the effort, at least for multi-platform games with sales ratios similar to 3:1 (in my opinion, at least). You also have to take into consideration what the developers may have tried to achieve beyond commercial success (such as simply trying to make a memorable game). Maybe they could have avoided popular flaws of FFXIII, had they put their resources into that instead of multi-platform development?

I suppose this brings up the question of what defines a good game. Sales? How good/fun it actually is? Both? To some, sales alone makes the cut. To others, the game has to be marvelous just to be considered a "good game".

However if we were talking about number of units sold, SOMETIMES going multiplatform is the way to go. Halo doesn't sell as much because it's on one platform. If it could be multiplatform, it might be the best FPS game on the market. That's a TON of units sold. So why don't they do that? Who knows.

Same concept with Kingdom Hearts, is it big enough to take that leap to both consoles? Would we solely agree that it is under a biased opinion because we all like it? A ton of questions, a ton of factors, and many many risks. Risks that may pay off by going multiplatform. Only time will tell I suppose.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
The only way I see Microsoft getting these is if Square decides to do PS4 versions. Then it would be a simple task to release them on the X1, since it's the same architecture.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
The Xbox won't get any remixes. Honestly, I don't believe a KH releasing on the Xbox will add any exposure to the console. The majority of those players have shown no interest in the JRPG market. That's immensely clear with the Xbox's sad state of sales in Japan. Kingdom Hearts is a Sony/Nintendo franchise. I don't believe MS deserves it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
It will actually add a little. Believe it or not, people have actually played the xbox version of FFXIII.

So barely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back