• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will the Xbox 360 or X1 get the remixes?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
I'm pretty sure Wii U is incompatible. It's basically the hardware from PS3/360 but with processors 30x more powerful. Yet, it still can't render the kind of stuff that PS4 and Xbone can. Oh, Nintendo...

Correct. Soon it will be able to run games with 60fps at 1080p (someone correct me if I'm wrong - I don't own a Wii U nor keep up with it at all aside from a few things - the new Rayman will be the first title to do this) but it doesn't have the graphic capabilities of the PS4 and XBONE.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Correct. Soon it will be able to run games with 60fps at 1080p (someone correct me if I'm wrong - I don't own a Wii U nor keep up with it at all aside from a few things - the new Rayman will be the first title to do this) but it doesn't have the graphic capabilities of the PS4 and XBONE.

I have a Wii U. It already runs at 60fps and 1080p, but few games take full advantage of it. Hence why most people call the Wii U a "previous gen next-gen" console. It can render graphics better than PS3/360 but they have yet to make a game to do so, except maybe Armored Edition batman.

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
I have a Wii U. It already runs at 60fps and 1080p, but few games take full advantage of it. Hence why most people call the Wii U a "previous gen next-gen" console. It can render graphics better than PS3/360 but they have yet to make a game to do so, except maybe Armored Edition batman.

Mm, I see. I remember reading something after E3 that a game had yet to go there, but I guess it was wrong.

SoraDrive

XBOX doesn't deserve KH3 it's been a Sony/Nintendo game and nothing more. They are only releasing it on the XBOX1 because they want to make more money and that's it.

For all we know, Square are not doing well... I'm not the biggest fan of KH3 on the Xbox One, but I love Square and if that's what will help them cover their losses, I am fine with that.

XrossBlade

I don't really care if it will be on the X1 or the Xbox 360 because Square Enix need money, I want the game to be exclusively for Sony if they don't need that money so much to cover their losses.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The HD collections might very well arrive on at least the PS4. But I think they just want to focus on finishing both collections first, before thinking about the next step.

Multiplatform on the next generation is a bit different than it was for the current one, meaning that the PS3 has a different architecture to it than the 360, along with having blu-ray discs. Basically, if a game would be exclusive to the PS3, it would tap the potential of the CELL processor and the added disc space, but since the 360 was selling just as well, developers rarely took advantage of this fact. This is why it sucked when PS3 exclusives went multiplatform.

This time around however, both the PS4 and Xbox One are incredibly similar in architecture AND they're easy to develop for. Heck, Nomura is developing FFXV on Direct X and then porting the game to both consoles. Basically what this means is that there won't be any compromises if a game goes multiplatform for this generation.

Kisame

I don't really care if it will be on the X1 or the Xbox 360 because Square Enix need money, I want the game to be exclusively for Sony if they don't need that money so much to cover their losses.

Nice font yo.

Anyhow, I've always wondered this. If you have some Sony console, what does it matter if the game you are buying goes cross platform? Other than a few issues with hardware that we have seen in the past with Xbox 360 and PS3 (lol skyrim) there isn't a problem if another console gets a game. I never understood why people get so upset over this, not saying you are. Other people just seem to be that way.

SoraDrive

Nice font yo.

Anyhow, I've always wondered this. If you have some Sony console, what does it matter if the game you are buying goes cross platform? Other than a few issues with hardware that we have seen in the past with Xbox 360 and PS3 (lol skyrim) there isn't a problem if another console gets a game. I never understood why people get so upset over this, not saying you are. Other people just seem to be that way.

It's just that KH started on the PS2 and the sequel was also on the PS2, so it's just common sense that it will be only for PS4.

Kisame

It's just that KH started on the PS2 and the sequel was also on the PS2, so it's just common sense that it will be only for PS4.

Not really, I mean it has been a very long time. Plus if you want to get a broad audience, which naturally in this case means more people. You do cross platform.

Pestilence

Awards

Final Fantasy went from Nintendo exclusive to Playstation exclusive. If we went with your ''common sense'' there would not be Kingdom Hearts as we know it. Nintendo screwd up so it lost the franchise entirely in the N64 era. Sony screwd up in the PS3 era and lost every major exclusive 3rd party franchise to being multiplat. Just common sense. It's not Squares job to pay for Sony losing half of it's marketshare.

Also while the Xbox version will not sell nearly as much as the PS version it will need every sale it can get. I'd like to remind you that depending how KH3 sells there might not BE a KH after this. The franchise has already taken a huge hit by being in handheld hiatus for 10 years, I PRAY that the fanbase is still there that was in the KH2 days and enough new fans to keep the series rolling.

SoraDrive

Not really, I mean it has been a very long time. Plus if you want to get a broad audience, which naturally in this case means more people. You do cross platform.

I agree. It's just that... It's weird that's all haha But I don't really care. Getting a PS4 to play KH3 :)

SoraDrive

Final Fantasy went from Nintendo exclusive to Playstation exclusive. If we went with your ''common sense'' there would not be Kingdom Hearts as we know it. Nintendo screwd up so it lost the franchise entirely in the N64 era. Sony screwd up in the PS3 era and lost every major exclusive 3rd party franchise to being multiplat. Just common sense. It's not Squares job to pay for Sony losing half of it's marketshare.

I wasn't talking about every game, I was only talking about the numbered titles... It's like Halo 1-3+Reach as 360 exclusives then suddenly Halo 4 for PS3. And Sony didn't screw up... Money is just what's making the world go around.

Multiplatform = more money.

Pestilence

Awards
I wasn't talking about every game, I was only talking about the numbered titles... It's like Halo 1-3+Reach as 360 exclusives then suddenly Halo 4 for PS3. And Sony didn't screw up... Money is just what's making the world go around.

Sony did screw up with PS3. If they didn't KH3 would probably be PS4 exclusive or even PS3 exclusive and released earlier.

Anyhoo there has been tons of franchises that have done what you say. Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and the list goes on forever.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Might wanna edit your previous post next time, since double-posting is generally discouraged; just a heads up.

Not necessarily. I'm not sure about the finer details, but FFXIII didn't do so hot on the 360. I don't know if it's as bad as the commercial failure that I think it may have been, but I look at it as an example of wasted potential.

I don't know why KH3's going on the X1, but given how Square's already familiar with FFXIII's turnout, I trust that they have a really good reason to pull off the same move again.

Kisame

Sony did screw up with PS3. If they didn't KH3 would probably be PS4 exclusive or even PS3 exclusive and released earlier.

Anyhoo there has been tons of franchises that have done what you say. Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and the list goes on forever.

Indeed they did screw up.

Not necessarily. I'm not sure about the finer details, but FFXIII didn't do so hot on the 360. I don't know if it's as bad as the commercial failure that I think it may have been, but I look at it as an example of wasted potential.

I don't know why KH3's going on the X1, but given how Square's already familiar with FFXIII's turnout, I trust that they have a really good reason to pull off the same move again.

Multiplatform does usually mean more money. More people playing the game, therefore more people playing the whole series (depending upon if its a series game or not) and the list goes on.

One reason COD does better than Halo. Multiplatform. Does it mean its a better game, not necessarily. It's just there. For everyone

SoraDrive

No, KH3 would have been multiplatform either way because Square are losing money and they need all the money they can get.

SoraDrive

Might wanna edit your previous post next time, since double-posting is generally discouraged; just a heads up.

Probably because Microsoft paid them a lot of money for KH3...

Sorarocks93

Awards
No, KH3 would have been multiplatform either way because Square are losing money and they need all the money they can get.

Well XIII was multiplatform. Yet the previous FF were pretty succesfull. Not to mention the entire KH franchise was giving them money.

Pestilence

Awards

It probably doesn't matter if it didn't do that well on 360. Microsoft probably payed them big sums of money just to appear on the stage and announce the game for the 360. Same for free marketing campaing for 360 version. The 360 port was pretty bad so they clearly didn't take much pressure to make it on par with PS3 version so in short: free money. And it isn't like the Xbox version didn't sell any copies, I think it was 3:1 in the US. Much less but it still is an ok slice.

As for the X1 the biggest reason of them all is easy to guess: it is impossible to predict how exactly the next generation will turn out. What if Xbox grew even larger than it was this generation and Square had some papers signed with Sony to make it exclusive? They would be screwed with how big the budgets are needed for next gen development. So the most important thing in making multiplats this early is covering all bases.

Probably because Microsoft paid them a lot of money for KH3...
I doubt it. More like Sony didn't pay much to keep it exclusive. Microsoft was on a spending spree last gen to secure multiplats, especially FF13. It didn't do much for them in the end but they for now have 50% of the HD marketshare. They don't have to pay anything to get a port of every single mainstream HD game unless Sony buys the exclusivity for it.

Easiest way to spot if MS had payed big moneyz for the KH3 port: they would have announced it at Microsoft Press Conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back