• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will the Shibuya/DDD2 game not be on the PS4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

NoWay

Awards
They should just give us PS5 optimized versions till 2022 and call it a day. In 2023 they can release the first PS5 exclusive game. We’ve waited too long for KH3 and I really want them to use the existing assets to produce new games quickly.

I really hope they that they start the production of the inevitable PS5 exclusive game this year.

AegisXIII

Awards
How long did the PS3 last before they stopped making games for it? I don't think PS4 is going to die the second PS5 comes out (I sure hope it doesn't) But I wouldn't be too surprised if the next big KH title is announced for PS5 the way FFXVI was. I hope that's not the case, because I still want to use my PS4. And I don't fully trust backwards compatibility after the experience I had with my old PS2 which stopped playing games altogether after a certain point. I had to get a newer one years back.
We shouldn't rely on backward compatibility. What is most likely though is that owning a ps4 version unlocks the ps5 version on the store. But that's not backward compatibility. That's two different games optimized for the console they are running on. It's the case for Spiderman Remastered who has already been announced. Now I am not sure what this means for the save files.

Somnus cealum

Awards
I just hope the next kh game is kairi and riku finding sora in shibuya. and i hope kairi finnaly confess her feelings to sora, so in kh4 sora and kairi can kiss

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I hope not. it will hold back the game.
Hold back what exactly? We don't know what the game even is, let alone what it'll have. I wouldn't expect it to be on the same level as KH3 anyway, so it could be within Switch's capabilities.

Somnus cealum

Awards
Hold back what exactly? We don't know what the game even is, let alone what it'll have. I wouldn't expect it to be on the same level as KH3 anyway, so it could be within Switch's capabilities.
i agree. i would love kh on the switch, even if they have to lower the graphics or what they have to do to put kh on switch.

the red monster

Awards
Well after melody of memory, i am expecting a game with KH3 level graphics at the very least.
if they can run it on switch, good for them. but i don't want it to be any less from KH3 on ps4/5.

the red monster

Awards
i agree. i would love kh on the switch, even if they have to lower the graphics or what they have to do to put kh on switch.
One console shouldn't hold back the game from reaching it's full potential. unless if the switch get a lesser version and PS4/5 version will still be KH3 levels. it's nintendo's fault for not being able to make the switch powerful enough.
it just sounds pretty selfish to me.

Bloodblade777-2

I don't think its going to be DDD2, I dont think Nomura rolls that way making sequels to the spinoffs

I think the next game is going to be on PS5

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well after melody of memory, i am expecting a game with KH3 level graphics at the very least.
if they can run it on switch, good for them. but i don't want it to be any less from KH3 on ps4/5.
One console shouldn't hold back the game from reaching it's full potential. unless if the switch get a lesser version and PS4/5 version will still be KH3 levels. it's nintendo's fault for not being able to make the switch powerful enough.
it just sounds pretty selfish to me.
Oi you are either console fanboying hard or graphics whoring hard. Either way this is a series about anime OCs wandering aimlessly through old cartoons fighting shadow blob monsters that somehow look even more cartoonish & cutesy than the Disneys. Just leave the CGI & live action films out & it'll be fine.

The Switch is on the same graphical level as a PS3, meaning it is theoretically capable of this:

That is the game Verum Rex is replacing, that is the baseline for whatever Nomura's vision for Shibuya is.

I don't think its going to be DDD2, I dont think Nomura rolls that way making sequels to the spinoffs

I think the next game is going to be on PS5
"DDD2" is a placeholder game we're going with, not what it would actually be called. It is a theory that a future game has Riku & Kairi going into the world of dreams in search of Sora.

Somnus cealum

Awards
i
Oi you are either console fanboying hard or graphics whoring hard. Either way this is a series about anime OCs wandering aimlessly through old cartoons fighting shadow blob monsters that somehow look even more cartoonish & cutesy than the Disneys. Just leave the CGI & live action films out & it'll be fine.

The Switch is on the same graphical level as a PS3, meaning it is theoretically capable of this:

That is the game Verum Rex is replacing, that is the baseline for whatever Nomura's vision for Shibuya is.

"DDD2" is a placeholder game we're going with, not what it would actually be called. It is a theory that a future game has Riku & Kairi going into the world of dreams in search of Sora.
acully think its kairi and riku looking for sora in shibya

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I have the feeling it'd be a PS5 exclusive, but would love it to be a crossgen game. Would give the PS5 time to either drop a bit in price or a slim version to be made.

i acully think its kairi and riku looking for sora in shibya
A lot of us think shibuya is in the realm of sleep or at least the way to it is through the sleeping worlds.

AegisXIII

Awards
I have the feeling it'd be a PS5 exclusive, but would love it to be a crossgen game. Would give the PS5 time to either drop a bit in price or a slim version to be made.

A lot of us think shibuya is in the realm of sleep or at least the way to it is through the sleeping worlds.
At least that was the plot of Versus13, according to the leaks.

the red monster

Awards

I'm not a fanboy. i have a switch and i use it more than my ps4, so i'm not a graphical whore either. but good job on making assumptions about people bro.
is it that wrong that i want the game to be the best it can be? you tell me.
They already have a lot of assets from KH3, so i think they just use it to make the next couple of games. if the switch can handle it, than good for them.

welken

Awards
I feel like the game hinted in the KH3 secret movie (and ReMind secret episode) will be on PS4 as well as PS5. And I see no reason to believe Kairi would be playable over Sora! It's gonna be a Sora and Riku game, just like the secret movie depicted. Kairi gets to narrate the rhythm game.

edit: I also think it will be on Switch, and the blue and red in the secret movie was indeed a hint at that.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
If the next game takes place in Shibuya, I think it's more probable that it'll be DDD all over again. If there is any semblance of TWEWY in the game, you could pretty much argue that Sora and Riku subconsciously forged a Pact when Riku entered Yozora's world and Riku is in the other reality/plane that Sora can't see him and the game will be all about us trying to figure out how to reunite Sora and Riku and then getting out of Verum Rex. I think Luxord will be pivotal in this and we may cross paths with the MoM.

Other than that, I think the enemies of DDD Vol 2 could be the Dream Eaters again, what with sleep and dream being a heavy theme this time around.

Back