• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will the GBA CoM add to Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
What's tenkaienchi ?

And while I can see the DSi thing happening, it should be a minor thing and it isn't unheard of for things like this to happen.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Nintendo's triangle of consoles is the Wii, DS Lite and DSi. Seeing how the DSL has its own value, I have to say I disagree. Much like the DSi has its own exclusive functions, they'd do well to use the DSL's exclusive features too. Pulling something like this off would be only logical, and in fact one dirty trick at milking even more money out of us.
You get extras if you play Days on the DSL with the CoM cartridge slapped in.
You get other extras if you play Days on the DSi via enhanced, or something of that sort.

And even if that didn't make any sense, the point holds. The DSi isn't here to replace the DSLite, so they'd have no true reason to aim that violently to the DSi. This is precisely the thing to do to keep grounds for the DSLite as well.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
What's tenkaienchi ?

Dragon Ball Z fighting game that had the same concept for the last game which you guys want here where you add characters from the previous games and that was a mess and turned many fans off with the worthlessness.

Nintendo's triangle of consoles is the Wii, DS Lite and DSi. Seeing how the DSL has its own value, I have to say I disagree. Much like the DSi has its own exclusive functions, they'd do well to use the DSL's exclusive features too. Pulling something like this off would be only logical, and in fact one dirty trick at milking even more money out of us.

No Itd be a stupid investment.
Sony did the same with the 1000 and the 2000 and the 3000
Each time screwing one generation over with the new features
and need a remind you of the nintendo third handheld curse?
Each time nintendo does this by the time they get to the third they completely kill the handheld and screw everyone over.
Whats the point of making a ds game that has to have two versions?
There not its retarded they going to keep it DSL most likely and if they added this feature DSi owners would be screwed vice versa so ther enot going to do this at all learning from sonys mistake.

You get extras if you play Days on the DSL with the CoM cartridge slapped in.
You get other extras if you play Days on the DSi via enhanced, or something of that sort.

You know good and well that will NOT sit well with owners of each one.
If you cant set it fair dont set it at all.
Look again at Sony who screwed up and IS loosing money for singling out or should i see upgrading one gen and leaving the other with totally diff stuff.

And even if that didn't make any sense, the point holds. The DSi isn't here to replace the DSLite, so they'd have no true reason to aim that violently to the DSi. This is precisely the thing to do to keep grounds for the DSLite as well.

It doesnt work like that again.
One generation is MADE to surpass the other thats why when a new one comes out the old is discontinued.
Have you heard of the 2000 and 1000 psp still being made?
New generation is ALWAYS made to surpass the old.

GBA<GBA SP<MICRO
That failed.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Dragon Ball Z fighting game that had the same concept for the last game which you guys want here where you add characters from the previous games and that was a mess and turned many fans off with the worthlessness.

Days multiplayer features CoM members that died before the main plot of Days takes place. Riku is a main part of Days' plot. So I really don't see where you're going with this.

Whats the point of making a ds game that has to have two versions?

Pokemon games :v
FM possibilities.
make more money, duh?

There not its retarded they going to keep it DSL most likely and if they added this feature DSi owners would be screwed vice versa so ther enot going to do this at all learning from sonys mistake.

If they cared about people being screwed, they wouldn't have released the DSi to begin with.
It doesn't change the fact they're not going to abandon the DSLite. It is a pivotal console for them, regardless of you whining about it. Which I'd appreciate it if you'd stop, it's demeaning.

You know good and well that will NOT sit well with owners of each one.
If you cant set it fair dont set it at all.

Yeah, nice ideal, utopian world you're living in.

Look again at Sony who screwed up and IS loosing money for singling out or should i see upgrading one gen and leaving the other with totally diff stuff.

Uh, Sony were idiots. And if you wanna compare, than the DSi not supporting GBA cartridges is comparable to the PS3 not playing PS2 games, which is a great deal of why it's failing. If anything, them catering to the GBA audience in regards to the DSLite will be a smart move on their part.

It doesnt work like that again.
One generation is MADE to surpass the other thats why when a new one comes out the old is discontinued.

That's what I said though. The Wii, DSLite and DSi are all the same generation. This isn't the PSP being upgraded with the hardware, this is completely different hardware that serves different functionality.
You get a GBA slot and certain functions, as opposed to a media center. Also, the DSi is going to have its own cartridge type, as far as I heard. How is that comparable to what happened with the PSP?

Last edited:

Captain Garlock

Days multiplayer features CoM members that died before the main plot of Days takes place. Riku is a main part of Days' plot. So I really don't see where you're going with this.

It was an example of how bad things get when you port characters and how useless it is. thats why cheat devices were made.

Pokemon games :v
make more money, duh?

Shows you dont get what im saying when has pokemon ever gone
lets make a ruby and sapphire for ds and then make another one for gba that has different features than the other?
And if you say mystery dungeon imma laugh because those games are spin offs and have nothing to do with the main plot.

Yeah, nice ideal, utopian world you're living in.

No its reality again look at sonys position and there doing the exact same thing.

Uh, Sony were idiots. And if you wanna compare, than the DSi not supporting GBA cartridges is comparable to the PS3 not playing PS2 games, which is a great deal of why it's failing. If anything, them catering to the GBA audience in regards to the DSLite will be a smart move on their part.

No now I know your off the reason PS3 is failing is price and its lack of exclusive games ROFL\
why buy a ps3 for one good game and then have that game on xbox?
ps2 backwards comp is not the reason.
Ever wondered why it got that price drop?
And im comparing the systems of the two in the case they did do this.

Look at at this way

The first psp was cool and everything

BAM slim comes out has skype support better screen AND tv support this enraged the owners of the phat they wanted these features so bad but couldnt afford to get a new one just for the features listed and slim users rejoiced

BAM
3000 came out the mic was buildt in and a better screen with a new bugs
slim users became pissed and demanded upgrades and a buildt in mic but little did 3000 people know no modding could be done to there system.
Srewing early adapters is never a good move and if days were to give one content that the other didnt get madness would ensue.
That's what I said though. The Wii, DSLite and DSi are all the same generation. This isn't the PSP being upgraded with the hardware, this is completely different hardware that serves different functionality.
You get a GBA slot and certain functions, as opposed to a media center. Also, the DSi is going to have its own cartridge type, as far as I heard. How is that comparable to what happened with the PSP?

I was told DSi is next generation.
Hows it comparable?
There doing the same stuff sony is making useless revisions of something thats already fine.
I will not say that sony is the smartest because there not lol.\
Sony is even making download game types now since the 3000 whats your point?

The point is
Adding content has to be ddone even UNLESS tthe game gets ported say xbox to sony

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It was an example of how bad things get when you port characters and how useless it is. thats why cheat devices were made.

Cheat devices were made by incompetent people.

lets make a ruby and sapphire for ds and then make another one for gba that has different features than the other?
And if you say mystery dungeon imma laugh because those games are spin offs and have nothing to do with the main plot.

Uh... shows you really didn't get what they meant by this.
It's like how having a Re:CoM and FM+ saves on the same mem card unlocks features in the opposite game.
You won't really need anything from the CoM cartridge, only to have it there. Days will recognize it there an unlock thingies.
They're going to do the same with the DSi and have games that will have features unlocked if you play it on the DSi instead of the DSLite. I really don't see what's so unthinkable about having it the other way around.

No now I know your off the reason PS3 is failing is price and its lack of exclusive games ROFL\
why buy a ps3 for one good game and then have that game on xbox?

You need to look up some of the console's history. Ever thought why it started to lose exclusivity on games? Because it wasn't worth the price. This isn't just the console being expensive - people bought consoles for good games before.
People have far too many PS2 games that they like, and the PS2 was an amazing console. Most people have to trade in their old PS2 to be able to afford the PS3, and if the PS3 can't play the PS2 games, it's not worth it for them.

Srewing early adapters is never a good move and if days were to give one content that the other didnt get madness would ensue.

I fail to see why you're arguing about the DSLite having more when you're practically saying the DSi should get more.

I was told DSi is next generation.

It is - the same 'next generation' that the DSLite is. Which is the same generation the Wii is.

anakaru

You need to look up some of the console's history. Ever thought why it started to lose exclusivity on games? Because it wasn't worth the price. This isn't just the console being expensive - people bought consoles for good games before.
People have far too many PS2 games that they like, and the PS2 was an amazing console. Most people have to trade in their old PS2 to be able to afford the PS3, and if the PS3 can't play the PS2 games, it's not worth it for them.

Belive it or not the PS3 WAS backward compatable but stupid sony wanted to put more memory on it and thats when it lost the ability to play previous games.

As for the CoM, Days compatability I dont think they would even try why mess up a perfectly good new game with unlockables from a game 3 or 4 handhelds back? Yes it would be nice but I wouldn't get your hopes up

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Belive it or not the PS3 WAS backward compatable but stupid sony wanted to put more memory on it and thats when it lost the ability to play previous games.

No, that's when backward compatability was gone completely, or on a much wider scale. The PS3, as far as I know, was never truly fully compatible, and required software updates frequently. That's is a great part of why people weren't overly interested from the get-go, regardless of Sony giving up on it completely along the way.

As for the CoM, Days compatability I dont think they would even try why mess up a perfectly good new game with unlockables from a game 3 or 4 handhelds back? Yes it would be nice but I wouldn't get your hopes up

It's not unheard of.
CoM is the game Days relates to the most, and it makes sense that a lot of people that have the DS and Days would also have the CoM cartridge. It'll be a nice bonus.
DSLite feature with the GBA slot. I fail to see a reason why, if possible to pull off, they shouldn't whore it out.

anakaru

No, that's when backward compatability was gone completely, or on a much wider scale. The PS3, as far as I know, was never truly fully compatible, and required software updates frequently. That's is a great part of why people weren't overly interested from the get-go, regardless of Sony giving up on it completely along the way.

Well it doesn't really matter anyway I don't own one and I'm sure as hell not gonna go spend the money I don't have on one.

It's not unheard of.
CoM is the game Days relates to the most, and it makes sense that a lot of people that have the DS and Days would also have the CoM cartridge. It'll be a nice bonus.
DSLite feature with the GBA slot. I fail to see a reason why, if possible to pull off, they shouldn't whore it out.[/quote]

Well looking back at all my DS games a good handfull of them did have unlockables from their GBA counterparts...

Only time will tell.

Captain Garlock

Uh... shows you really didn't get what they meant by this.
It's like how having a Re:CoM and FM+ saves on the same mem card unlocks features in the opposite game.
You won't really need anything from the CoM cartridge, only to have it there. Days will recognize it there an unlock thingies.
They're going to do the same with the DSi and have games that will have features unlocked if you play it on the DSi instead of the DSLite. I really don't see what's so unthinkable about having it the other way around.

No its you who didnt get my statement because you said pokemon when i said two different versions

No BC has nothing to do with it at all.
The lack of exclusive sis due to the price and the fact they take a long time to make games for the ps3 the coding is complex hence why the ports take so long.
I fail to see why you're arguing about the DSLite having more when you're practically saying the DSi should get more.

Im saying dont screw early adapters so why make a game with unlockables from a past system when you got a new one coming out?
You dont do that.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Im saying dont screw early adapters so why make a game with unlockables from a past system when you got a new one coming out?
You dont do that.

Because, the DSi getting its own unlockables aside, it's not here to replace the DSLite. This isn't the GBA to the GBC - it's a sister console, not the successor.
Whether or not the DSi is coming out shouldn't affect whether or not they'll use CoM to give Days unloackables on the DSLite - something they've apparently been doing for a while now for other games, as anakaru just attested to.

Captain Garlock

Again if you cant make it even then dont.
Itd be a dumb move to make ds EXLCUSIVE stuff when you could just make one game for both systems and leave it at that.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Why should they make it even though? That'd miss the point of there being two separate hand-helds, which is what we have today. This is not the PSP 1000->2000->3000. This is the DS -> DSLite + DSi. Notice the + mark in there.
It's one of the cheapest shots ever at making more money, but that's how things are now. And in a way I also partially respect them for it, because each hand-held caters to a different interest.
DSLite = backwards compatability amongst other things. Old school.
DSi = media center, flash memory, thingies.
You can't compare them, nor claim one is here to replace the other.

anakaru

why make a game with unlockables from a past system when you got a new one coming out?
You dont do that.

They do it so if you have a game that has unlockables for previous games and you dont have the previous games you might go searching for this game untill you get it...So in simple terms its all for the money that we spend looking for games to unlock things

BlackChaos

I have a PS3 and it can play ps2 and ps1 games, but I bought mine when it first came out so idk about the new ps3's

it would be really cool if it had a unlockable like riku as a playable character, or you get to play a mission as riku like the one where riku fights roxas at the end. But I don't think they will have a unlockable just because of the DSI, unless they did something like the DSI can unlock the same unlockable as the DSlite will get but in a different way. If they didn't make a DSI it would be very possible.

Xnairb

Website
theredsquirtle.blogspot.com
"lets make a ruby and sapphire for ds and then make another one for gba that has different features than the other?"

No its you who didnt get my statement because you said pokemon when i said two different versions

Well, right before Diamond and Pearl came out, Nintendo released fire red and leaf green, for the sole fact that people wouldn't be able to finish Diamond or Pearl without Pokemon from those games, so actually pokemon did exactly what you are saying is a waste of money and time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back