• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will the Door to Light Sora opened ever be addressed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
When stuck at the Dark Margin with Riku, Sora was somehow able to open the Door to Light but no further explanation was ever given on that event. Was it really the Door to Light and if so how was Sora able to open it? Do you think this ability will be available to Sora in Kingdom Hearts 3? Any ideas or theories?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ventus subconsciously opened a Door to Light as well in the Final Episode of Birth by Sleep.

While there is no official explanation or confirmation to it, it seems to strongly imply that the "Door to Light" is nothing but a light counterpart to the Corridors of Darkness, leading the person in question who summons it to the world he/she considers their "home" as Birth by Sleep indicates when Aqua first contemplates where to take Ven to rest and in response he creates a door to light leading to Land of Departure, the world he considers his home.
In KH 2, the door to light is activated by Kairi's letter and leads to Destiny Islands, the world both Sora and Riku consider their home.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Going off of Sephiroth's insight, I'd argue that, just as peoples' hearts can be connected with other peoples' hearts, they might also be able to connect to worlds' hearts. Therefore, the DtL would be a product of such connections.

Most likely, the DtL will appear somewhere towards the end of KH3 in a somewhat unclear manner, and Nomura will address it in an Ultimania with an equally unclear answer.

Sorakh212

Awards
The only real further explanation was at the end when Sora asks Riku what it was and then Riku points at him. Personally I believe it's due to his connection with Kairi and or just him being a warrior of light. I believe Nomura also stated that the door to light part at the end of KH2 was also an homage of sorts or throwback to the original Kingdom Hearts. You know the whole deep down there's a light that never goes out speech when revealing that Kingdom Hearts is light even amidst the deepest darkness. That's just my two cents though.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
"You are the one who will open the door to light".

I have doubts that the door seen in KH2 is the end of that, as much as they cryptically mentioned it and built up to it over the course of KH1. Whatever the Door to Light is, it'll probably play a role in KH3.

Wish I could say more about it but it's just one of the series' mysteries that has taken a backseat given the full scope of Xehanort's plans being gradually unveiled since KH1.

Anagram

Banned
Maybe the Door to Light takes you to things your connected to while Corridors of Darkness take you wherever you want in contrast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back