• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will/Should Sora be presented as being a step ahead of the other heroes of light?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
The way I'm talking about is that the narration of the game presents it as Sora and his friends try to defeat Nort, rather than all the good guys joining together equally to defeat him.

Of course Sora is going to be the most crucial early on during their quest to wake Aqua/Ven/Roxas/Namine/Xion etc but I'm mostly talking about post those revivals. Do you think that's the way the story will go or possibly do you want Sora to be written as the savior of sorts with the other key wielders being his support system/backup charachter.

It's interesting because my knowledge of DDD is very limited, but that's the first game that has Sora being equal to another hero in terms of importance to the plot right? Every other Sora led game is him being the star of the show with his friends being the supporting cast.

While Sora is obviously important to the plot, I just want to hear what you guys/gals feel about how important Sora should be in relation to the other heros.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Being the main character of this game, it will be absolutely inevitable that the players will gravitate towards him being the main Guardian of Light, despite them being equals. This is due to the fact that the player can potentially make him as powerful as they want, as well as the constant exposure to Sora's abilities while they have to focus less on everyone else's. I'm not saying that the other ones can't be as powerful or have as big a role, just that it's inevitable that it'll come off that way.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I liked the idea that KH3D sort of alluded to - Sora isn't the strongest or best of the bunch. I love seeing that weakness in Sora, it made me really like him more than I did before. I want to see Riku lead the seven, since he's the one that passed the Mark of Mastery while Sora executes the orders along with the rest.

This is definitely an interesting question because in KH1, Sora was basically thrown into the situation at hand and didn't really have a goal besides finding Kairi and Riku (just following suit off Donald and Goofy's goal). In KH2, he's again essentially thrown into a situation where he didn't make the decision to go into it and was led by other people or by mysterious forces. I think it'd be refreshing to see them actually strategize on what they want to do, rather than things just happen with no planning whatsoever.

Anagram

Banned
Actually DDD was Riku's light to shine....

I dont want him a step ahead. The others are more interesting. Him taking the initiative though, sure.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Sora relies on his friends a lot and I like that. He shouldn't be "ahead" of them, but he should finally be able to interact properly with all those people connected to him or even sleeping inside his very heart.

Sora is meant to be that relatable character, he is only as strong as his friends are...that strength is not a physical strength but mentally they make Sora strong. I dont know how they will handle it but i doubt after one battle against one of the antagonists we will have to fight that same boss sometime later. There may even be different scenarios where there is more than one fight going on at the same time & location, a pov alteration might be a possibility like during the kh2's final boss. There are numerous keyblade weilders who have their part to play, its going to be hard shifting between them all and i'm very interested in knowing how SE intends to do so

At the end of the day however Sora is the main protagonist, hes likely to get more focuss, that doesnt mean everyone else is taking a step back though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back