• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

will Roxas look a bit different then Sora and ven after the 1 year time skip?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Ventus is in the realm of darkness he couldn’t have aged right? Then again we don’t know if he returned or not during the one year, And Sora is either crystallized (bad ending) or still in the final world (good ending waiting) while Roxas is in twilight town so will Roxas be little bit taller then Sora and ven or better say will he grow up and look little bit different? Since Roxas was 16 before but now probably 17 after the one year time skip.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Roxas was born 14, was 15 in KH2, and will only now be 16 because a year has passed.

But no, if looking at Riku, Kairi, and the rest is any indication.

It's disappointing, though, that Roxas and Naminé are the only ones who didn't get an outfit upgrade. Please get rid of that curtain that girl has been wearing since CoM. It has actually become a pet peeve for me.

LinLin

Wasn
Roxas was born 14, was 15 in KH2, and will only now be 16 because a year has passed.

But no, if looking at Riku, Kairi, and the rest is any indication.

It's disappointing, though, that Roxas and Naminé are the only ones who didn't get an outfit upgrade. Please get rid of that curtain that girl has been wearing since CoM.
Is Sora 15 or 16? Can’t remember.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Since Roxas was 16 before but now probably 17 after the one year time skip.

Roxas is 15 in KH3, assuming he is the same age as Sora. So after the one year skip he should only be 16. Everyone seems to think Sora is 16 in KH3 but he's not.

I thought Sora was 16 since Nomura said (at least some ppl say they saw it from an interview) a year should have passed in kh3.

Official KH3 Ultimania lists Sora's age at 15 at the start of KH3. There isn't any indication how long the game actually takes, and the characters certainly never seem to acknowledge a birthday of any sort so I wouldn't assume he had one during the game.

However, I think Nomura is deciding to be a little loosey-goosey with actual ages and for good reason since we have people like you said: going into the realm of darkness for certain periods of time, people putting themselves into realms of sleep voluntarily, people with artificial bodies, people being rejected from reality...it's all just a mess at this point that I'd be surprised if the characters themselves even know how old they are. That's probably why we stopped getting absolute ages for people around BBS, Nomura probably knew it was going to be an issue moving forward.

Also while we do know Sora's "birthday" that is in more of an official capacity considering we don't even know if the KH universe has the same system of "years" that we do, or if "March" is even a month for them.

Moving forward we should probably stop trying to decide on hard numbers for ages and using what their age "should" be to determine their appearance and instead just think about it from a character design perspective. Would it be better design-wise for all three of these characters to end up looking more distinct from each other? Or for symbolism's sake should they stay similar regardless of the situations?

I say start giving them unique features. Personally I just want it so that if a character jumps on screen, regardless of their outfit, I should be able to tell who it is right away. Maybe a vain hope in the KH universe of duplicates, but I'd imagine with Nomura being a character designer he should be able to find ways to subtly change their hair or other features to achieve that.

While it is cute for Roxas and Ven to be like a weird set of twins, and there are some funny jokes that could be had at that expense, I think they are very different personality wise and it would be best to relate that in appearance to the audience. Even if it is a small difference, I think Ven being a bit shorter and having lighter hair would be a nice start. I always thought Roxas should have a dirtier brownish blond color with Ven being very light blond. Then we could set the Sora trio up in a line and see a nice color gradient progression, haha. Height wise I hope Ven stays the shortest.

I hope they move in that direction visually, but then again, they did bother color correcting Roxas and Ven's hair in the ending scenes, so...

Foxycian

Awards
Roxas is 15 in KH3, assuming he is the same age as Sora. So after the one year skip he should only be 16. Everyone seems to think Sora is 16 in KH3 but he's not.

Official KH3 Ultimania lists Sora's age at 15 at the start of KH3. There isn't any indication how long the game actually takes, and the characters certainly never seem to acknowledge a birthday of any sort so I wouldn't assume he had one during the game.

However, I think Nomura is deciding to be a little loosey-goosey with actual ages and for good reason since we have people like you said: going into the realm of darkness for certain periods of time, people putting themselves into realms of sleep voluntarily, people with artificial bodies, people being rejected from reality...it's all just a mess at this point that I'd be surprised if the characters themselves even know how old they are. That's probably why we stopped getting absolute ages for people around BBS, Nomura probably knew it was going to be an issue moving forward.

Also while we do know Sora's "birthday" that is in more of an official capacity considering we don't even know if the KH universe has the same system of "years" that we do, or if "March" is even a month for them.

Moving forward we should probably stop trying to decide on hard numbers for ages and using what their age "should" be to determine their appearance and instead just think about it from a character design perspective. Would it be better design-wise for all three of these characters to end up looking more distinct from each other? Or for symbolism's sake should they stay similar regardless of the situations?

I say start giving them unique features. Personally I just want it so that if a character jumps on screen, regardless of their outfit, I should be able to tell who it is right away. Maybe a vain hope in the KH universe of duplicates, but I'd imagine with Nomura being a character designer he should be able to find ways to subtly change their hair or other features to achieve that.

While it is cute for Roxas and Ven to be like a weird set of twins, and there are some funny jokes that could be had at that expense, I think they are very different personality wise and it would be best to relate that in appearance to the audience. Even if it is a small difference, I think Ven being a bit shorter and having lighter hair would be a nice start. I always thought Roxas should have a dirtier brownish blond color with Ven being very light blond. Then we could set the Sora trio up in a line and see a nice color gradient progression, haha. Height wise I hope Ven stays the shortest.

I hope they move in that direction visually, but then again, they did bother color correcting Roxas and Ven's hair in the ending scenes, so...
But in here
Nomura says ven is 16 and ventus and Sora are likely the same age so shouldn’t Roxas be 17 now after the one year? Roxas is the same height as ven and Sora so most likely same age I presume.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
But in here
Nomura says ven is 16 and ventus and Sora are likely the same age so shouldn’t Roxas be 17 now after the one year? Roxas is the same height as ven and Sora so most likely same age I presume.

Ven is Ven.

This just means he was 16 in BBS and 16 when he took refuge in Sora's heart.

Sora was 14 in KH1, 15 in KH2 and KH3. Therefore Roxas is the same.

Ven doesn't have to fit with their age. He's 17 post-time skip, while Sora/Roxas will be 16.

I know it's nonsensical, but Nomura seems to not want to age up characters into looking like actual teenagers growing into adults, so we have this odd shit going on where they aren't actually getting taller or visibly changing.

The only time that happened was in KH1 through KH2. And I feel that was more because of model changes and upgrades to the graphics. The next KH game might update, who knows.

Foxycian

Awards
Ven is Ven.

This just means he was 16 in BBS and when he took refuge in Sora's heart.

Sora was 14 in KH1, 15 in KH2 and KH3. Therefore Roxas is the same.

Ven doesn't have to fit with their age. He's 17 post-time skip, while Sora/Roxas will be 16.

I know it's nonsensical, but Nomura seems to not want to age up characters into looking like actual teenagers growing into adults, so we have this odd shit going on where they aren't actually getting taller or visibly changing.

The only time that happened was in KH1 through KH2. And I feel that was more because of model changes and upgrades to the graphics.
Well maybe in the west but in the Middle East being a teen with Sora Roxas and ven height is actually common among boys, I’m like 22 but my height is currently unknown
Sometimes I get 173
Sometimes 175
And sometimes 171
Even 174
And then I checked in the hospital it says 170 what!? Lol I’m sure that nurse doesn’t know what she’s doing, I know I’m not tall but I know I’m not 170 for sure lol, either way I gave up on the height measurement thing.

SuperNova

Awards
I think the time skip happens during the Limit Cut episode. Which means currently Roxas is 16 years old if he's the same age as Sora.

Ventus would be 17 post time skip and Sora would be 16 as well. But knowing Nomura he's being vague with ages on purpose because KH is notorious for reusing models and assets and I doubt he would mandate the creation of new models already.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
The only references of time are the Twilight Gang's description of summer break still going on and the time skip in Limit Cut.
We also don't know how Replicas age, and assuming they do age who's to say they'll follow similar conventions? It doesn't really matter since Nomura will pull something from thin air to reason changes in appearances.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
The one year timeskip still feels totally out of place. Felt like something that should of been revealed at the beginning of the next game. The way it was crowbared into the Limit cut episode felt awkward tone wise

As to whether or not Roxas will physically age, I doubt it. Though he could get new clothes outside of his KH2 outfit

AmaryllisMoth

Awards

When Nomura was asked this question, he never said they were definitively the ages he listed. He said "about" for a reason.
And again, we have an official source on Sora's age in the Ultimania. He is 15 in KH3. Sora, Kairi and Riku are the only ones with official, printed ages. Your quote comes from a fan question asked to Nomura at TGS where he was asked how old he "considered" them to be, ish. While yes, Nomura is a credible source, it only applies to Ven not Roxas. Roxas should be Sora's age, I would imagine.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Outside new clothes and possibly a change in hair style I don't see any change happening. Replicas are now said to be like regular humans so they should age like them, but I don't see them changing any models anytime soon. I just want Roxas to get a new outfit, in addition to how close it resembles Ven's outfit it's so outdated especially when with his friends. It's annoying give my boi some new bling!

Nukara

Awards
Roxas looks like a 16 year old Ven, which means he was 16 in 358/2 day, which means he is 17 in KH2 and 18 after time skip.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Roxas looks like a 16 year old Ven, which means he was 16 in 358/2 day, which means he is 17 in KH2 and 18 after time skip.
Roxas would have to be 15 at the oldest physically. Sora wasn't even 16 in KH2 and Roxas cannot be older then Sora.

Nukara

Awards
Roxas would have to be 15 at the oldest physically. Sora wasn't even 16 in KH2 and Roxas cannot be older then Sora.
Yes, but when Roxas was born it looks like a 16 year old Ven. Maybe Sora and 14, but Roxas borrowed the appearance of Ventus. Therefore, he looks older.
By the way, the voice of Roxas sounds coarser and older than that of Ven and Sora, can this be a hint that he is biologically older than them? In any case, we need an official statement from Nomura regarding his age.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes, but when Roxas was born it looks like a 16 year old Ven. Maybe Sora and 14, but Roxas borrowed the appearance of Ventus. Therefore, he looks older.
By the way, the voice of Roxas sounds coarser and older than that of Ven and Sora, can this be a hint that he is biologically older than them? In any case, we need an official statement from Nomura regarding his age.

Ven doesn't look any older than them even though his estimated age is 16 by BBS and KH3. So there's no comparison.

Roxas and Sora are the same age, period. It wasn't Ven's body that was leftover. So Roxas was 15 in KH2 after his year was done and 15 in KH3. This means he would be 16 in the unnecessary time skip like Sora, and Ven would be 17.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Yes, he got the look from Ventus but it's still Sora's 15 year old dead body that got left behind. Actually it should be 14 year old dead body but I suspect we are not suppose to think about these things.

Back