• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Re:Chain of Memories Hit Europe?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will Re: Chain of Memories be released European?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dizflip

Website
www.myspace.com
That's not true. There are some games that EU didn't get in the past that were released in Japan and NA.

But I'm kinda of confused as to why it's taking so long for Square Enix to release the game to the EU since they're already guaranteed a profit.

Ruka

Simply NO! I mentioned above and I think this explains all what I want to say:
BUT this game might not have one because Square Enix might think there's no point in releasing a European version as the storyline has already been told through Chain of Memories to Europe.
Not exactly true, If the game were to be released in EU, you me and pretty much every KH fan would surely buy it. But the companies (not just gaming) don't usually invest on countries who they know they are going to make such low profit.

If you put it this way: its just a copy>paste game of KH chain of memories GBA version with better graphics. Pretty much the sale for the GBA version were too low whilst in US I'm pretty sure many fans didn't play KH:CoM (excluding the ones who didn't use emulators) and now they will have a chance at it through PS2. Maybe we can hope after KH:CoM is release on JP but its most unlikely...

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Why is everyone so pessimistic?

IMO it would be pretty low from Squeenix to prevent the PAL release. If they want to stay alive, the game just has to come to Europe, too.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Most likely it will come, eventually, to Europe. The whole reason why it's coming to NA is because not a lot of KH fans ever heard of CoM, and some definitely didn't play it because it was a GBA game. This is in preparation of the new games, which is why they're releasing it. It makes good business sense, especialy to make all the fans anticipate the three new titles that much more.

However, the chances of it coming to Europe aren't as high, because they might not make a profit if they do. The European fan-base isn't as large as the NA, and they think of business, and don't care about the tiny amount of fans in one place.

If it doesn't, import, and if you don't want to do that, then deal with the cutscenes on YouTube and stop whining. It'll come or it won't. No use in crying over spilled milk.

dizflip

Website
www.myspace.com

IMO it would be pretty low from Squeenix to prevent the PAL release. If they want to stay alive, the game just has to come to Europe, too.

They're far too alive to die just because they don't release a B- game in Europe.

If you put it this way: its just a copy>paste game of KH chain of memories GBA version with better graphics. Pretty much the sale for the GBA version were too low whilst in US I'm pretty sure many fans didn't play KH:CoM (excluding the ones who didn't use emulators) and now they will have a chance at it through PS2. Maybe we can hope after KH:CoM is release on JP but its most unlikely...

Well obviously the GBA has terrible graphics and a lot of Kingdom Hearts fans weren't prepared for it, since the GBA by far didn't sell as well as the PS2 did considering it's still the best selling console in history.

CapnHandicrafts

Website
www.myspace.com
If you undestang english why not just import it from NA? That could save the trouble of S-E having to dub the game again.

If can you speak and understand English, just import the darn game and save S-E some trouble.

Hey, no offence, but assuming you don't work for Squeenix, it's no skin off your nose if they have to dub in other languages. Unfortunately, UK/EU uses PAL, whereas you guys use NTSC. To play an imported game, we'd have to mod the PS2/SwapMagic it and have an NTSC compatible TV. I myself am importing it, but this will be the first time, and not everyone is prepared/able to spend extra on shipping/modding.

They're far too alive to die just because they don't release a B- game in Europe. Well obviously the GBA has terrible graphics and a lot of Kingdom Hearts fans weren't prepared for it, since the GBA by far didn't sell as well as the PS2 did considering it's still the best selling console in history.

But it’s not a ‘B-‘ game; it’s Kingdom Hearts. And it did get pretty good scores on most review sites. Personally, I think CoM had perfectly acceptable graphics, considering it was on GBA. Far more "3-D" than other GBA games. I don’t really think ‘fans’ would be bothered by ‘terrible’ graphics; being a fan is also about the story and the characters, not just the aesthetics.

Most likely it will come, eventually, to Europe. The whole reason why it's coming to NA is because not a lot of KH fans ever heard of CoM, and some definitely didn't play it because it was a GBA game. This is in preparation of the new games, which is why they're releasing it. It makes good business sense, especialy to make all the fans anticipate the three new titles that much more.
However, the chances of it coming to Europe aren't as high, because they might not make a profit if they do. The European fan-base isn't as large as the NA, and they think of business, and don't care about the tiny amount of fans in one place.

If it doesn't, import, and if you don't want to do that, then deal with the cutscenes on YouTube and stop whining. It'll come or it won't. No use in crying over spilled milk.

While I totally agree it didn't seem to get much mainstream marketing, I think the main reason is simply because they know it'll sell. KH has a massive fanbase worldwide and there are countless petitions for the JP only releases to head West; Squeenix would be insane NOT to release something. However, I assume the reason we don't get FM+ is due to finances, as the majority of the production costs will have been used on the original JP release. Then again this is Disney/SE, so I don't know.

I'm sure their profit would be just as good as in the States. The UK/EU has a perfectly respectable KH fanbase and I assure you we are not a 'tiny' group of people. They released the other KH games; it's a pretty much given thing that we'll get it.

It's just a matter of when. 2 months from the NA release for KH, 6 for KHII. Takes 6 months from JP to NA. I'm hoping it'll be early next year.

I'm insulted. While GBA doesn't have the same cinematic beauty as PS2, it was still a wonderful game. I still play my copy, even though I already own RE:CoM.

I totally agree. The cutscenes/graphics were amazing for GBA and the card battle system an entirely different gaming experience. My only gripe is that I wish the English version had voices too.

~

Ruka

O rly? what about FFXII International Zodiac Job System, KHFM, KHFM+ and a couple more titles only released in JP. I'm not being pessimist, I just don't have much hope.

Well obviously the GBA has terrible graphics and a lot of Kingdom Hearts fans weren't prepared for it, since the GBA by far didn't sell as well as the PS2 did considering it's still the best selling console in history.
True, that applies to 358/2 and Codec. It would be much better releasing both on PSP/PS2/PS3 instead. But unfortunately, we don't have vote on that subject, only our opinions.

If they release I will be happy with it, if they don't then I'm fine with it, I'm not that worried to be honest.

dizflip

Website
www.myspace.com
CapnHandicrafts said:
But it’s not a ‘B-‘ game; it’s Kingdom Hearts. And it did get pretty good scores on most review sites. Personally, I think CoM had perfectly acceptable graphics, considering it was on GBA. Far more "3-D" than other GBA games. I don’t really think ‘fans’ would be bothered by ‘terrible’ graphics; being a fan is also about the story and the characters, not just the aesthetics.

You're right. It definately beat Pokemon. I couldn't even believe the cutscene in the beginning of CoM was from the GBA. Amazing indeed. and Yeah, I would buy the game if only I still had my GBA.. sadly I've only been interested in Kingdom Hearts since September of this year...

SiiNz

With Love
Website
www.youtube.com
Don't see why they wouldn't hit Europe.
Although, there is a slim chance that it might not actually happen, they might just make the people import it from NA :v

dizflip

Website
www.myspace.com
Don't see why they wouldn't hit Europe.
Although, there is a slim chance that it might not actually happen, they might just make the people import it from NA :v

that wouldn't work since PAL PS2 systems don't support NTSC. I know it's stupid how they couldn't decide together on what type of TV they should have. So much for NATO and all that jazz.

anyway the story behind this is Nintendo's brilliant idea of a regional lockout, which basically prevents software designated for a region to work on hardware for other regions.

ForbiddenMemory

Website
www.youtube.com
Will there be an European Re: Chain of Memories [CONFIRMED]

Many of the European fans of Kingdom Hearts have decided to hold back buying Re: Chain of Memories, hoping that there will be an European release. I am one of them.

Anyway, I have been talking to the European Square Enix and can now confirm of if there will be any possibility of an European release.

The Answer is NO

Square Enix gave me this e-mail:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Information Center,

Unfortunately there is no plan to release Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories in Europe for now.

>I was just wondering is Kingdom
>Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories
>coming to Europe (UK) or will it
>stay in America. Please tell me i'm
>dying to know, thank you
>
>p.s. please email me the answer
>thank you

Thanks again for using Square Enix Information Centre

=================================
Square Enix Information Centre

This still does leave a glimmer of hope but personally I don't think they will.

This is a proper reply email to me, don't start thinking that this is fake, if you do then if your from Europe (UK) you can send an email:

Support | SQUARE ENIX

Go to "Customer Support Web Form" once you click on the link, then type up your question, it usually takes a few days for them to reply but it should prove the sceptical ones.

So if your from Europe and you've decided not to get Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories until it goes to Europe, then it's time to start ordering its not coming i'm afraid (very, very unlikely)

At least you can stop waiting and start ordering before its too late (i'm ordering mine now :thumbsup:)

To anyone who's ordered or waiting for Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories, Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Re: Will there be an European Re: Chain of Memories [CONFIRMED]

SUCKS FOR YOU!

jk, but still.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Re: Will there be an European Re: Chain of Memories [CONFIRMED]

But... why? D:
I hate this.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I read it... and I'm angry.
Mainly because I'm the one who's always wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back