• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Julius be plot relevant?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DualWielding

All previous bonus bosses (Xemnas, Terra's armor, young Xehanort) have turned out to play a large role in the plot of the next game... everybody seems to have assumed this will not be the case with Julius because he is a Disney character... but what if Julius do happen to have a role in Kingdom Hearts 3... maybe Maleficent and other Disney villains take control over him and unleash him to do their bid or something like that...

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Unlikely. Not on the "plot-relevant" scale of the past bonus bosses, anyways.

The several things that KH1 Xemnas, LW, and MF have in common (ignoring the factors caused directly by Xehanort) are that they had hidden visages and were extremely foreshadow-heavy. Xemnas and LW said cryptic stuff that wouldn't make any sense until later, while MF's foreshadowing came in the form of the weapon earned afterwards, No Name, which was covered in time motifs.

Julius... Disney character status aside, there's not much to him. He's an overgrown, hairy Frankenstein's monster that can't articulate much besides grunts and growls. The most he'd do, at best, would be someone's attack dog. Other than that, I don't see a very big role for him.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nah.

I just chalk julius' appearance up as a fun Easter egg. I'd rather see them incorporate more like that in III.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I wish they'd do more DISNEY secret bosses. Anyway, Julius will probably not be plot-relevant. He didn't hint at anything in KH3D, so it's doubtful he will be important to the story.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm totally with chuman, Eel and BlackOsprey on this. Just seems very unlikely (and tbh, I would not even like him to be plot-relevant).

Hirokey123

Awards
Normally I'd say no but as it stands he is the only secret boss in the history of the series with no explanation, and I can't help but think there is going to be an explanation for him because the way he appeared was very mysterious. You hear a strange sound kind of like a portal of some kind opening up and it's accompanied with a strange red glow. It's not until the sound and the glow both vanish that Julius emerges from the manhole where it was coming from. So I can only think that at some point in a later game we will see Julius get sent through some kind of portal and thus explain that strangeness. Now that does't necessary mean he will be plot relevant but I wouldn't be surprised to at least see him again so that bit is explained.

I also can't help but raise my eyes at his strong pete likeness (I mean it just seems weird to choose a villain who looks just like Pete but isn't actually Pete) and Maleficent talking about "plans for dear Pete" in the same game. Also I couldn't help but notice his fight style is very reminiscent of Pete's. Pete's main offense in a lot of battles (cept for when he had a sword in CotM) is to fight with Punches in particular Pete likes to bump his fists together then proceeds to do a multi-punch combo which is EXACTLY what Julius does. Also in Re:Coded Pete gained electricity powers with the ability to rain down lightning which is another thing Julius can do.

Frankly I have to be honest I fully expect Julius to be revealed to be Pete somehow.

Kaijuguy19

I think it's possible we could see his creator Dr FrankenOllie have a role in KH3 at least as being Maleficent's right hand scientists who has heartless experiments like how the Mad Doctor used blots for his experiments for Epic Mickey. If that's the case,he could attempt to turn Mickey into a monster like what he did with Runaway Brain.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think it's possible we could see his creator Dr FrankenOllie have a role in KH3 at least as being Maleficent's right hand scientists who has heartless experiments like how the Mad Doctor used blots for his experiments for Epic Mickey. If that's the case,he could attempt to turn Mickey into a monster like what he did with Runaway Brain.
Dr. FrankenOllie in KH3? Never thought about that. I could actually see him working for Maleficent the more I think about it

Once Maleficent gets tired of Pete and If he doesnt transform, he could clone Pete using his DNA and darkness. Thus creating Julius.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
All previous bonus bosses (Xemnas, Terra's armor, young Xehanort) have turned out to play a large role in the plot of the next game... everybody seems to have assumed this will not be the case with Julius because he is a Disney character... but what if Julius do happen to have a role in Kingdom Hearts 3... maybe Maleficent and other Disney villains take control over him and unleash him to do their bid or something like that...

Sephiroth, Vanitas' Lingering Spirit, Kurt Zisa, Ice Titan, Phantom, Armor of the Master and No Heart are also all bonus bosses and they don't play a large role in the plot of a next game.
KH 1-Unknown(Xemnas), Lingering Will and Mysterious Figure (BBS-Young Xehanort) are more like exceptions rather than the rule for bonus bosses, and from what we can deduce so far Julius belongs in the first group of bonus bosses rather than in the second.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Normally I'd say no but as it stands he is the only secret boss in the history of the series with no explanation, and I can't help but think there is going to be an explanation for him because the way he appeared was very mysterious. You hear a strange sound kind of like a portal of some kind opening up and it's accompanied with a strange red glow. It's not until the sound and the glow both vanish that Julius emerges from the manhole where it was coming from. So I can only think that at some point in a later game we will see Julius get sent through some kind of portal and thus explain that strangeness. Now that does't necessary mean he will be plot relevant but I wouldn't be surprised to at least see him again so that bit is explained.

I also can't help but raise my eyes at his strong pete likeness (I mean it just seems weird to choose a villain who looks just like Pete but isn't actually Pete) and Maleficent talking about "plans for dear Pete" in the same game. Also I couldn't help but notice his fight style is very reminiscent of Pete's. Pete's main offense in a lot of battles (cept for when he had a sword in CotM) is to fight with Punches in particular Pete likes to bump his fists together then proceeds to do a multi-punch combo which is EXACTLY what Julius does. Also in Re:Coded Pete gained electricity powers with the ability to rain down lightning which is another thing Julius can do.

Frankly I have to be honest I fully expect Julius to be revealed to be Pete somehow.
xE73W.gif

*hugs fellow believer*

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Me thinks we be overlooking an important aspect of Julius....

Julius_cuerpo_Mickey.png

Mickey('s body) as the 13th darkness. Calling it now.

Kaijuguy19

Dr. FrankenOllie in KH3? Never thought about that. I could actually see him working for Maleficent the more I think about it

Once Maleficent gets tired of Pete and If he doesnt transform, he could clone Pete using his DNA and darkness. Thus creating Julius.

Yeah so do I. I mean like I've mentioned he does have the element of science with him and who knows what twisted creations he could come up to fight Sora and the others like for example make a monster clone of Sora similar to how Mickey's body looked when it had Julius's brain. If that doesn't make for a cool boss fight I don't know what will.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Julius_cuerpo_Mickey.png

This "Mickey" looks like its coming straight from a damn Zombie-movie, lol.
Braaaaiiins...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This "Mickey" looks like its coming straight from a damn Zombie-movie, lol.
Braaaaiiins...

I can imagine a great story battle, instead of kh fashion its in the vein of a horror video game where mickey was transformed by maleficent and you have to defeat him and bring to yen sid for purification. He jumps on donald and goofy's heads and you have to pull mickey off, shoot at him with keyblade transformations and fight the darkness he oozes.

The genre mash squisney has going has boundless opportunities.

Kaijuguy19

Julius_cuerpo_Mickey.png

That would make for an epic twist all right should that happen. Not to mention it'll have the main cast be faced with such a shocking and dire situation that it would lead into some major conflict.

Vaddix

Awards
If he made some sort of cameo in KHIII, that'd be neat, but yeah, I don't see a super high chance of a return, honestly.
As much as I liked such a semi-obscure character from Disney used as a Secret Boss, I was honestly really hoping for one of the Reapers of TWEWY to be present in Traverse Town, and would have been more than content if we got to fight, say, Minamimoto in his Taboo Noise form, or such like that. A guy can dream...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back