• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Isa keyblade weider?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Personally, I would not want this because it’s not Isa’s nature to conduct an active open battle, he loves to act from the shadows. But perhaps subject X will force him to step over his own principles. And who else can get keyblade except Isa? Your opinion ?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think it is guaranteed Isa will get a Keyblade if he is gonna be with the main cast.

Acting from the shadows was mostly something he did out of necessity for his plans to start a coup and then later to sabotage Xehanort’s plans. He never shied away from battle.

Isa can still have a role of a tactician while also getting his hands dirty.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The real question is who isn't going to be a Keyblade wielder?

But in all seriousness, yes. If Subject X is a wielder and Axel is a wielder then Isa will get one too. I'm not fully against the idea either if it's done right and Isa's given a proper atonement story. And while I'm not against it, I would prefer he keep using his awesome Claymore. Watching the ReMind trailer really sold me on why Axel was a better character with his chakrams then with his less cool Keyblade.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I would rather Hayner, Pence, and Olette get keyblades than Isa. His claymore is too badass to get rid of. It's my favorite non Keyblade weapon

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The next KH game should have every unnecessary Keyblade wielder going "Eh, I don't need to use it" like Yen Sid and they use their original weapons or get upgrades of them and only whip their Keyblade out when it is necessary.

Although I do want to see Lauriam and Elrena's Keyblades some time before I die. After that they can stick to their kunai and scythe.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Will be unnecessary and dumb, just like Axel/Lea. The fact that the DLC reverts him back to his chakrams just convinces me it was a complete and utter mistake. Especially since he's more useful with them. Nomura's excuse as to why he needed a Keyblade, "to help return his friends", is also now null. He didn't do shit about that with it in KH3.

Knowing Nomura though, it'll more than likely happen. Thankfully, I've bowed out this series.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Hearing how much everybody loves Siax's Claymores really puts a smile on my face. His powers were always some of the coolest in the series to me, and he's got some really memorable and badass battle quotes. "Moon, shine down!" In particular, is probably one of the most recognizable phrases in the series for me. It's also a great hype generator because you know shit's about to get crazy when you hear that.

I think the best thing KH3 did for the character is that, in addition to getting a second berserk form, he can now quadra-wield his Claymores for huge, widesweeping attacks. Vissually, I remember being in awe the first few times I saw that. Needless to say, I really hope he sticks with his Claymores, or at the very least uses them in tandem with his Keyblade the same way Lea does with his Chakrams. Chances are it'll probably be the latter though.

Nukara

Awards
Hearing how much everybody loves Siax's Claymores really puts a smile on my face. His powers were always some of the coolest in the series to me, and he's got some really memorable and badass battle quotes. "Moon, shine down!" In particular, is probably one of the most recognizable phrases in the series for me. It's also a great hype generator because you know shit's about to get crazy when you hear that.

I think the best thing KH3 did for the character is that, in addition to getting a second berserk form, he can now quadra-wield his Claymores for huge, widesweeping attacks. Vissually, I remember being in awe the first few times I saw that. Needless to say, I really hope he sticks with his Claymores, or at the very least uses them in tandem with his Keyblade the same way Lea does with his Chakrams. Chances are it'll probably be the latter though.
Wow, Saix had a second form, and I didn't even notice it. ((

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd like to think part of Nomura realizes not every important cast member needs a Keyblade. After all Donald and Goofy still don't have keyblades after all these years.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think it is guaranteed Isa will get a Keyblade if he is gonna be with the main cast.

Acting from the shadows was mostly something he did out of necessity for his plans to start a coup and then later to sabotage Xehanort’s plans. He never shied away from battle.

Isa can still have a role of a tactician while also getting his hands dirty.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

They need to stop handing out keyblades! One of my favourite things about the Organization were the different weapons each one wielded. Isa would be great with his Claymore and using his rage/moon abilities.

I actually hope that Lea loses his keyblade and goes back to the chakram, they can just explain it away as after Kingdom Hearts closed he lost the ability to wield (they can probably say that for other characters they would like to write out of combat like Xion/Roxas).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

They need to stop handing out keyblades! One of my favourite things about the Organization were the different weapons each one wielded. Isa would be great with his Claymore and using his rage/moon abilities.

I actually hope that Lea loses his keyblade and goes back to the chakram, they can just explain it away as after Kingdom Hearts closed he lost the ability to wield (they can probably say that for other characters they would like to write out of combat like Xion/Roxas).

I mean I personally don’t want it to happen but Nomura seems to think the only way any character can be important in the plot is if they are a Keyblade wielder or have a connection to a wielder. Isa being the only one among his friends and acquaintances makes him stand out a lot and Nomura likes giving everybody Keyblades.

I agree about Lea lol

There is no way in hell Xion and Roxas will ever get written out of a combat role. They are not only fan favorites but clearly dev favorites as well considering how much love and attention was put into their unique abilities in KH3 and y’know...how much of a better storyline they have had overall in the series.

You know what, I’m making a prediction. Roxas and Xion are going to get their own game sometime within the next 5-6 years. I am almost certain it’ll happen.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I mean I personally don’t want it to happen but Nomura seems to think the only way any character can be important in the plot is if they are a Keyblade wielder or have a connection to a wielder. Isa being the only one among his friends and acquaintances makes him stand out a lot and Nomura likes giving everybody Keyblades.

I agree about Lea lol

There is no way in hell Xion and Roxas will ever get written out of a combat role. They are not only fan favorites but clearly dev favorites as well considering how much love and attention was put into their unique abilities in KH3 and y’know...how much of a better storyline they have had overall in the series.

You know what, I’m making a prediction. Roxas and Xion are going to get their own game sometime within the next 5-6 years. I am almost certain it’ll happen.
I mean, I would love that lol since they are my faves. But I'm thinking about the series moving forward and I'm really not sure how they will fit in the whole Foretellers saga when they are just such loud reminders of the Xehanort saga (nobodies/Organization). Also I get really worried when my faves can potentially be ruined after their stories close out well. Like if they give Roxas/Xion new stories and it ends up being a mess... I'll feel like it's ruining what built them up into great characters.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'd like to think part of Nomura realizes not every important cast member needs a Keyblade. After all Donald and Goofy still don't have keyblades after all these years.
Probably more because they're Disney and their role as wizard and shield bro are too iconic, but I agree.

Ice cream-eating simulator.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I've thought about it, and he could be one. But I also could just see him sticking to what he's already got. People don't like everyone getting a Keyblade, but I think this could work if the next saga introduces an antithesis to a Keyblade. With such a powerful weapon in existence, you'd think there'd be something floating around that could combat against it. And actually, there probably should be. Everything in KH's universe happened because either one or many Keyblade wielders got too big for their shoes and messed things up for everyone. A weapon that could bring wonder and ruin needs something to keep it in check.

Actually, I think getting rid of Lea's Keyblade is the worst thing Nomura could do. For one thing, he's the fan favourite, nobody's going to go for that. Two, in the next saga, Lea and Isa are gonna be looking for Subject X and a Keyblade is gonna play a role sooner or later. Somebody's gonna have to have one. Three, with DDD and KH3's earlier acts putting it in our heads that the guy is a wielder now, it would be a waste to just take it away after all of that. And four... If Lea's Keyblade didn't do so much good for him and that's grounds for him losing the power to wield, then the same equally applies to Kairi. Nobody's gonna want that though lol.

In-universe wise, I feel like you can't even blame Lea and Kairi for tanking so badly. At least Lea had plenty of battle experience over the years. People make it sound like he's weak when he was KO'd by Terranort and Xemnas broke his Keyblade -- Two of the strongest people we've ever had to go against, and one of them took both Sora AND Riku to eliminate the first time (and they both had went through one full journey already and was at the end of their second one... Think about that one for a second). Kairi had just stepped off training and had to deal with end-game fights. It doesn't matter how long you've been in practice, there's a difference between training and an actual threat.

As great as Merlin is, I feel like their training would've been more effective under a Keyblade Master's tutelage. But unfortunately, Mickey and Riku had other things to deal with, and Yen Sid's... Not really the hands-on training type. Look how capable Terra, Aqua and Ven were under proper training.

Veevee

Awards
I would love to see his berserk form brought up story-wise. Like something happens and he completely loses control, opposing to his usual calm behavior ... I also hope they keep his teasing dynamic with Lea. I wouldn't be against a redemption arc, but while I love Riku's, it was drawn out for too long. He made mistakes in KH1, realized and atoned in Re:Com and Days, went out of his way for that in 2 and it is still brought up in DDD. Yeah, Saix has done shitty things, as has Axel but other than being a huge douche, Saix never inflicted lasting damage to anyone - he didn't kill, he lost against Roxas, was mostly douchy in command, not in execution. I'm not saying that he shouldn't atone, but please don't drag it out forever with multiple excuses and ultra humble behaviour. Keep the organic BBS Isa-Lea relationship, make them a good team where one is the brain and the other the good intentions and let him keep his claymore. On topic of him getting a keyblade - I'm afraid he probably will get one because Nomura feels everyone should have one, but I'd be happier if from now on they weren't handed out that much. First of all, I like the original weapons and second, I don't see much reason why you would need a keyblade when you're more than capable with your actual weapon. Lea has a range weapon, Isa has a close combat weapon, expand on this.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It's hilarious how many Organization members turned out to be Keyblade wielders all along. Only Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, and Saix of the original org don't have Keyblades or aren't tied to a Keyblade legacy and with the potential of Isa getting one given his ties to like 3, potentially 4 wielders you know it's only a matter of time. Roxas and Xion suffered under the Keyblade for nothing XD

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
This series hands out Keyblades like candy so I'm going to go ahead and say yes.

disney233

Awards
Sure. While we're at it, we may as well give one to Donald, Goofy, & Namine. Remember in KH1 when the Keyblade seemed unique? Yeah that's gone, it's on the eternal sidelines with Disney & Final Fantasy characters having meaning, and Kairi's spotlight.

Back