• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will ff7remake face worse criticism than KH3?i'm very worried.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
serious discussion:After looking at kingdom hearts 3 criticism, I am freaking worried for ff7remake. Because unlike kingdom hearts 3 with criticism everywhere, and barely any positive stuff, it makes me realize ff7remake is on a bigger scale. The reason I say this unlike the original which has it flaws, ff7remake don't have that chance of getting positive reviews due to the fact of capturing the original feel of ff7. And because of that it's gonna get really bad as soon as one thing is changed that was important in the original, it's open to downright negative comments like you never seen. Plus being square biggest project, this could really hurt them. Like it's probably gonna ruin square enix legitimacy, and lose chunk of money. Sorry for my grammar, I had to write this because I have legit fears for the game.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
It's going to face criticism no matter what. Best not to worry over it. We live in the age of remakes, so it's obviously going to face fine-tooth scrutiny stacked against the original, nostalgia levels, and the unfortunate hype train to castles in the sky-esque expectations.

That being said, it's Square Enix we're talking about, and they have all the resources they need to perform a successful rebuild. Unlike KH, being a next/'final' installment, being a remake, it has the ability to reference all of the history and lore under the whole compilation of FFVII related material now, ironing out any glaringly messy writing and inconsistentsies and pacing (and some day in the faaar future, maybe with luck, KH may get the same opportunity), rather than just treating it with a fresh coat of paint and calling it a day. That's not going to suffice.

Brace yourself for the negativity, but don't let that prevent you from enjoying the game. And don't be defensive about it being vulnerable to critique. Fanboys that label any contructive criticism as negativity are themselves being negative and bull-headed. Again, even if it comes out terrible and Squeenix crashes and burns, you're still allowed to enjoy it.

Awards
Oh, it will definitely face criticism. It's a remake that people kept screaming for since 2006 with horribly high expectations.

But, some of those criticisms will actually just be "WHY ISN'T IT JUST THE SAME EXACT GAME BUT PRETTY"

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
As always, the only thing that really matters is how you feel about it. Don't worry too much about what the general reception is and just play it and find out how you yourself feel.

Pokie

Final Fantasy VII Remake is damned if it does, and damned if it doesn't. Those who grew up with the original are going to be upset with any changes, and those who grew up with Crisis Core are going to be upset if it doesn't follow to Crisis Core.

Fans are going to be upset with at least something, no matter what.

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com
It'll be aight. It'd be a bit silly to expect this game to be a carbon copy+delicious graphic remake of the original FFVII. Other than marketing and popularity, the FFVII Remake is justified by the Compilation's expansion and improvements to the original story and characters—this especially when certain aspects of the game, and even early Compilation additions, are a bit outdated. Of course, not everyone cares for the expansions (Poor DoC and BC lol), but with everything at hand to support its caliber, I can't imagine the remake being any worse in storytelling than the original game. Only way is up!....*knocks wood*

Back