• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

will ff12 get a remaster?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ibanez350ex

i was hearing about this ages ago but time went by. its like it was just rumers on the net about ff12 remaster. i actually enjoyed ff12 doing those hunts and all that. the graphics weren't great but it had the normal levelling up system which i prefer compared to the ffx sphere grid style. did anyone else play ff12 on the ps2? i see there's an ff7 remaster coming, it sounds interesting, imagine all those emerald, ruby, ultimate weapon battles but in ps4 graphics, it would be awesome.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It's been a year of its announcement I believe. Maybe E3 they'll show us something.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I hope that there's a FFXII Remaster! (And I think there probably will be; they're probably just waiting for the right time to announce it. Maybe they will closer to XII's anniversary?)

But thinking about a FXII Remaster (hopefully with some form of RW in it! And maybe even Fortress!) makes me think of how much I've failed at playing the original game!

I only ever got to the Henne Mines my first time through--and then the difficulty spike there was so great that I couldn't handle it anymore, so just looked up the rest of the scenes up online--and then I restarted the game, hoping to level Vaan and Penelo up to level 99 before ever even meeting Balthier and everyone else!

...FFXII was one of my first games, and so I was pretty bad at it back in the day. Don't judge me.

I'm actually still keeping to my level 99 plan (so far I'm near level 40, and have been playing again a lot for the first time in years). Not so much because I think I need to anymore, but because this game has traumatized me with some of its difficult bosses--especially the difficult ones you can see roaming around places, that won't attack you unless you attack them first--and I don't want to be caught blind again!

Even at level 40, that Wild Suarian can be one tough beast when it wants to be.

And I've heard a horror story about some sort of monster: that even if you don't attack it, and are just using magic in the area, it'll most likely hunt your party down and annihilate you.

Yeah... I'm pathetic, I know!

But hey! At least I've completely gotten 100% and completed Revenant Wings! That's something at least. I don't completely fail at this world and story.

Anyway, the whole point of this sad, sad post is that: yes, I want a XII Remaster, and just thinking about one has me determined to finally beat the original game, and I think I'm going to do it. Cheer for me if you feel so inclined, guys! LOL.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
A remaster of the International Zodiac Job System would be super cool. I always wanted to play that game. :)

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
A remaster of the International Zodiac Job System would be super cool. I always wanted to play that game. :)

I used to know quite a bit about the Zodiac Job System back in the day (though now I've forgotten quite a bit about it), but I hope if we get some kind of FFXII Remaster that that's what we end up getting:)

Is it perhaps somewhat similar to the International version of FFX, where in that you can do more with the Sphere Grid in that? Can you do more with the License Board in the Zodiac version of FFXII?

Oh! And doesn't that version actually let you control your guest party members, unlike the original game?:)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I used to know quite a bit about the Zodiac Job System back in the day (though now I've forgotten quite a bit about it), but I hope if we get some kind of FFXII Remaster that that's what we end up getting:)

Is it perhaps somewhat similar to the International version of FFX, where in that you can do more with the Sphere Grid in that? Can you do more with the License Board in the Zodiac version of FFXII?

Oh! And doesn't that version actually let you control your guest party members, unlike the original game?:)

In the IZJS, you choose a path on the license board for every character. So not everyone can learn everything or wield every weapon. Every character is "unique" and you will have to relinquish some abilities and weapons because no one will have the role needed to equip it most likely.

And yes, you can control guest characters. :) :)

Edit: Congrats on hitting 1000! *party*

Antar

Awards
I'm really hoping we get a remaster of it, too. Would people recommend the international Zodiac version over the original, though? I'm just afraid that after setting a certain job for a character, I might change my mind later on but I won't be able to change it again...

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm really hoping we get a remaster of it, too. Would people recommend the international Zodiac version over the original, though? I'm just afraid that after setting a certain job for a character, I might change my mind later on but I won't be able to change it again...

I'd definitely root for the Zodiac Job System just because I feel like that's how the game was meant to be.
Of course it sucks if you aren't confident with what you chose later on but that's kinda how it works for every game. xD

ibanez350ex

im glad many others are also wanting the ff12 remaster :) there's something about that game i like. i like the baltheir character, i have a figure of him on my shelf with some other ff collectables :) i remember this lengthy battle against a thing 'yazimat' or something like that. such a satisfying feeling winning that battle. the only one i couldn't do was omega mark, he was very strong i think i was only in the lv70's though. zodiark was a hard esper fight that took a few tries.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
In the IZJS, you choose a path on the license board for every character. So not everyone can learn everything or wield every weapon. Every character is "unique" and you will have to relinquish some abilities and weapons because no one will have the role needed to equip it most likely.

And yes, you can control guest characters. :) :)

Edit: Congrats on hitting 1000! *party*

Thanks for the explanation, VoidGear! I really appreciate it:)

Though now part of me's a bit nervous about the Zodiac Job System. LOL. Sometimes I'm really good at choosing paths for characters, and sometimes I really mess it up (looking at Bravely Default for that one).

But then again, I guess I've always played XII with one thing in mind for each character (I always had Ashe be my white mage, Fran my black mage, Penelo my weapon's expert, Basch my character with like a million HP, Balthier my power house, and Vaan the person with all the abilities), so maybe I'd be okay...

Also, being able to control guest party members really seems like the icing on the cake for me. I always wanted to be able to control Vossler, Larsa, and Reddas. But does getting to control guest party members also mean Ashe, before she joins the party and goes by "Amalia"? LOL.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Thanks for the explanation, VoidGear! I really appreciate it:)

Though now part of me's a bit nervous about the Zodiac Job System. LOL. Sometimes I'm really good at choosing paths for characters, and sometimes I really mess it up (looking at Bravely Default for that one).

But then again, I guess I've always played XII with one thing in mind for each character (I always had Ashe be my white mage, Fran my black mage, Penelo my weapon's expert, Basch my character with like a million HP, Balthier my power house, and Vaan the person with all the abilities), so maybe I'd be okay...

Also, being able to control guest party members really seems like the icing on the cake for me. I always wanted to be able to control Vossler, Larsa, and Reddas. But does getting to control guest party members also mean Ashe, before she joins the party and goes by "Amalia"? LOL.

I dunno. I don't think Amalia shows up in the menu when you press triangle, right? She's just there if I remember correctly, but I can't say for sure. :X

Antar

Awards
I'd definitely root for the Zodiac Job System just because I feel like that's how the game was meant to be.
Of course it sucks if you aren't confident with what you chose later on but that's kinda how it works for every game. xD

Hm, I guess I can see why I should go for the Zodiac version. I was able to stick with my job choices in FF1 so I guess I'll live. But that might be because there weren't that many choices, hehe! Some of the FF games did let you change jobs, by the way, like FF3. But it is probably challenging for me to stick with one job since my main FF game is FFT, where there are a ton of jobs which can be switched to during the game.

By the time I get to FF12, there will probably be a remaster anyway, lol, so I guess I'll go with the Zodiac Job Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back