• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Donald Duck verbally say "Xigbar?" A betting pool.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will Donald say "Xigbar?"

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashton69

Awards
Prominent poster Launchpad and I have decided to been a monetary value of $500 on wether or not Donald Duck will say "Xigbar" in an in-game cut scene during the story of Kingdom Hears III. Share your opinions on the matter and feel free to contribute to the pot!

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Basing this off the trailers, but it seems they're not going to stray off the path of having Sora being the one to interact with baddies and saying their names.
So far Jiminy Cricket in CoM is the only other party member who got some naming duty. Oh, and I guess Beast.

I'll be glad if I'm proven wrong tho.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Soon you'll all see... Soon you'll all hear it... Donald WILL say "Xigbar" and you will be powerless to stop him.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Soon you'll all see... Soon you'll all hear it... Donald WILL say "Xigbar" and you will be powerless to stop him.

Launchpad, if you're wealthy enough to bet $500 on a voice line in KH3, I want you to sponsor me in UX lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
A piece of me died the day he said "Sephiroth" out loud.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
*Cloud remained with his back against the wall, a grim look on his face.
"I thought you looked kinda different, Cloud." said Donald with a concerned expression.
"If I do, it's his fault." responded the blonde swordsman closing his eyes.

This is basically what goes down in a scene in KH II without embellishing it, so on second thought I guess all is possible.

Tempo

Awards
i want him or anyone else to say "luxord" just so we have confirmation on his name

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
i want him or anyone else to say "luxord" just so we have confirmation on his name

I think it's L-Uh-ks-ord but I hear a few people pronounce it L-oo-ks-ord. It may be a toe-may-toe/toe-mah-toe thing. I figured he was named after the Luxor hotel and I think that's pronounced L-uh-ks-or. Mostly because of Luck.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards

Well, generally the pronunciations follow the katakana spelling. Luxord is ルクソード (rukusoodo) which the "Ru" being pronounced like "loo" and the ku pronounced "koo". So, that being the case...

but I hear a few people pronounce it L-oo-ks-ord.

Generally I think this is the closest, imo.

Then again, the chosen English pronunciation HAS strayed a few times from their Japanese names (lookin' at you Roxas...) so it is entirely possible they could go another direction.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Frankly, Ashton's stance on the 'Donald saying "Xigbar"' conversation is quite expected, given his ignorance on pretty much everything he opens his mouth about.

Literally in the FIRST WORLD WE VISIT in KH3, Xigbar shows up. You honestly think the writers aren't going to feel pressured to expose information to newcomers by having Sora, Donald, or Goofy say "Oh no, it's Xigbar!" or something to that effect? That's a 1/3 chance for Donald to say "Xigbar".

That doesn't even factor what dialogue might come after Xigbar LEAVES! "What was Xigbar doing here in Olympus?" "Aw, Sora, don't worry about Xigbar. We'll be fine" "That Xigbar really has it out for you, Sora."

THERE ARE SO MANY MOMENTS WHERE DONALD COULD SAY "XIGBAR".

Frankly I am going to enjoy collecting 500 dollars from you Ashton. It will be very entertaining and the easiest money I ever made.

Foxycian

Awards
did sora ever say xigbar tho? if not then donald has low chance of saying but i do believe he probably will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back