• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Disney/Disney Worlds be involved less going forward?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will Disney and the respective worlds be involved less going forward

• Yes. Make way for the worlds of Square Enix!

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Nope. Disney will never allow a KH game to not include their properties as worlds.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • A Better balance with Disney and FF.

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

mriku90

Awards
I also forgot about the Nomura interview from Edge where they basically said Nomura would not specify on the cut worlds cause of their very likely inclusion in future titles. So much for the worlds of SE taking over and no Disney.

What do you think they were. I think it was 2 more.

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Nah, I definitely did see it. It's not that I'm missing it, it's that I feel like it didn't actually relate to the story in any meaningful way. You've also gotta keep in mind that WE know that Elsa saved Anna with sisterly love. Sora doesn't actually know anything about the curse. He just sees Anna frozen, and then Elsa unfreezes her, and that's the end of it. Maybe if we hadn't jumped around and skipped so much I could buy the love subplot, and love subtlety but as it stands in Corona, Arendelle, and The Caribbean, Sora (and we, the player) don't get to see enough of characters in love, or love conquering all, or falling in love, for love to be a substantial subplot. Love.

My main point was that those scenes with Kairi are not necessarily required to be romantic--I didn't take them that way anyway--and so the fact that they have no chemistry (and I agree with you on that) is irrelevant, imo. There's no other explanation for that moment from Arendelle being referenced in that scene unless Sora himself is thinking of it as an example of sacrificial love***--an "act of a true hero," similar to Hercules giving up his life just for the chance to save Megara. I think they tied the Disney worlds into that plot pretty well, personally.

***I disagree with you that Sora wouldn't know that. I believe there was a scene where Kristoff mentioned that Anna was accidentally hit by ice from Elsa (just before the Marshmallow fight), but even if I'm remembering that incorrectly, Sora does see Anna sacrifice herself to save Elsa from Hans, then de-thaw, followed by Olaf connecting this to an act of true love being the explanation.

horto12485

Awards
I also forgot about the Nomura interview from Edge where they basically said Nomura would not specify on the cut worlds cause of their very likely inclusion in future titles. So much for the worlds of SE taking over and no Disney.

You mean Like Treasure Planet and the Jungle Book i think those Two were cut from Dream Drop Distance. Are these the Two Worlds you're were referring to or is it The Princess and the Frog and The Jungle Book?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
You mean Like Treasure Planet and the Jungle Book i think those Two were cut from Dream Drop Distance. Are these the Two Worlds you're were referring to or is it The Princess and the Frog and The Jungle Book?

He didn't tell us which worlds were cut in KH3. So its anyone's guess unless people find evidence of them.

Also I think Jungle Book was cut from Birth by Sleep, but yes Treasure Planet was Dream Drop.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm not sure. I wouldn't mind them being less involved, if they continue to exist simply in order to exist. Maybe reduce the number and make them actually relevant instead of filling some game hours before the actual plot happens? Because that's my main issue with them lately.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
This question comes up after every title. People saw the secret ending to KH1 and insisted that KH2 wouldn't have Disney Worlds.

I think, given how huge the worlds were and how involved Disney was this time around, that the precedent has been set. I also think that Disney worlds in the next game may be a bit more off-the-cuff, if Nomura has truly run out of fucks to give

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This question comes up after every title. People saw the secret ending to KH1 and insisted that KH2 wouldn't have Disney Worlds.

I think, given how huge the worlds were and how involved Disney was this time around, that the precedent has been set. I also think that Disney worlds in the next game may be a bit more off-the-cuff, if Nomura has truly run out of fucks to give

My personal belief is that any Disney Animation movie post Meet the Robinsons (Bolt onwards) will go through the Disney creative approval process, only because those movies are part of Disney's revivial era (aka their current rennaisance).

Anything pre Meet the Robinsons would have less of an approval process only because those properties were not directly managed by Disney Animation's Story Trust.

Like, if you take Hercules for example, you can clearly tell that's a world that Disney did not go through the rigorous creative approval process with.

mriku90

Awards

I think, given how huge the worlds were and how involved Disney was this time around, that the precedent has been set. I also think that Disney worlds in the next game may be a bit more off-the-cuff, if Nomura has truly run out of diddlys to give

I feel they're definitely gonna want things like Zootopia and Moana in KH4 especially with the new POH and not to mention Incredibles. I feel those are 3 guaranteed worlds.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Coco as well. Coco is just too visually nice to pass up.

I was thinking possibly treasure planet. Those treasure spheres just had me wondering that.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Coco as well. Coco is just too visually nice to pass up.

I was thinking possibly treasure planet. Those treasure spheres just had me wondering that.

Coco would be a great opening world, all things considered. But they're going with TWEWY it seems.

Back