• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Disney/Disney Worlds be involved less going forward?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will Disney and the respective worlds be involved less going forward

• Yes. Make way for the worlds of Square Enix!

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Nope. Disney will never allow a KH game to not include their properties as worlds.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • A Better balance with Disney and FF.

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

GrandWebster

One other aspect of Disney Worlds to me as well is their Villains. Kind of given the fact there are barely any Disney Villains at this point that would be interesting, be good roundabout enemies for Sora, and able to part lets say outside of their worlds.

The Disney Villains in KH3 outside of Maleficent and Pete were one shot kills likely never to return again.

But Like you said about Balance of Eras, Dr. Facilier (2009) and The Headless Horseman (1940), are Villains that fit the KH narrative. It's possible that Nomura can play off these two and give them some substantial parts, Especially the Former. Plus along-side having some FF characters appearing good and bad.

I think Its a double win.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Nuff said Disney owns the rights to Sora, Riku, and Kairi and now

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I have little doubt that Nomura is including those characters/ideas in this series so that Square Enix won’t be able to take them from him this time. Can’t exactly turn KH4 into FFXVI. Lol

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
One other aspect of Disney Worlds to me as well is their Villains. [FONT=&]Kind of given the fact there are barely any Disney Villains at this point that would be interesting, be good roundabout enemies for Sora, and able to part lets say outside of their worlds.

The Disney Villains in KH3 outside of Maleficent and Pete were one shot kills likely never to return again.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]But Like you said about Balance of Eras, Dr. Facilier (2009) and The Headless Horseman (1940), are Villains that fit the KH narrative. It's possible that Nomura can play off these two and give them some substantial parts, Especially the Former. Plus along-side having some FF characters appearing good and bad.

I think Its a double win.[/FONT]

Disney is seriously lacking in big name villains in recent films. In the last decade, I think the only note-worthy villains are Te Ka and Tamatoa (from Moana), King Candy, Dr. Facilier and Mother Gothel (who was wasted in KH3). It's not like the old Disney films that had Jafar, Ursula, Captain Hook, Evil Queen, Queen of Hearts, Frollo etc.

They should get a little more creative instead of dumping a heartless boss in a world that doesn't have a viable "final boss". They could use a Final Fantasy character in that world and make them the world's boss or connect that world more closely with the main story, so an outside villain can be the boss of that world.

I was just disappointed by the lack of Disney boss fights in KH3.

OneDandelion

Awards
They are becoming irrelevant now. They were interesting at first because they mattered. The princesses of heart in the first game and sealing the worlds keyholes mattered. Now its completely forced. They could have entirely skipped over every disney world in KH3 and it would make no difference.

Disney Worlds are great because they make the games feel like you're part of a 'much larger world', but if we have no real motivation to go there beyond "we need to make sure we have enough lights just in case you guys don't show up" then theres no point to begin with.

mriku90

Awards
They are becoming irrelevant now. They were interesting at first because they mattered. The princesses of heart in the first game and sealing the worlds keyholes mattered. Now its completely forced. They could have entirely skipped over every disney world in KH3 and it would make no difference.

Disney Worlds are great because they make the games feel like you're part of a 'much larger world', but if we have no real motivation to go there beyond "we need to make sure we have enough lights just in case you guys don't show up" then theres no point to begin with.

How are they becoming irrelevant now? They literally were the main focus of KH3 and were the best handled they've ever been in the series IMO. The worlds were large and fully explorable and gorgeous in every way.

They're not irrelevant and Disney Worlds will always play a big role in KH cause it's a Disney game.

OneDandelion

Awards
How are they becoming irrelevant now? They literally were the main focus of KH3 and were the best handled they've ever been in the series IMO. The worlds were large and fully explorable and gorgeous in every way.

They're not irrelevant and Disney Worlds will always play a big role in KH cause it's a Disney game.

They were literally not the main focus of kh3.... They were just the place you spent the majority of your time. All of the big stuff happened at the end or in cutscenes that weren't even happening inside of disney worlds

I didnt say they weren't beautiful, i only said they could have been entirely excluded from the game and you wouldn't be missing a whole lot

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They were literally not the main focus of kh3.... They were just the place you spent the majority of your time. All of the big stuff happened at the end or in cutscenes that weren't even happening inside of disney worlds

I didnt say they weren't beautiful, i only said they could have been entirely excluded from the game and you wouldn't be missing a whole lot

Well from my understanding:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I know they didn't explicitly say these things, so you can probably go without visiting the world and be OK, but I liked that they tried to integrate the Disney worlds with the main story. I mean they had
Spoiler Spoiler Show

mriku90

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

OneDandelion

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

SerDuncan

Having the Disney characters interact with the actual villains was a really nice touch! It breathed a lot of life into the worlds, and made them feel like they were actually there. However, I do have to agree that the Disney worlds seemed incredibly disconnected from the actual plot of the game

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm kinda in a weird place because I agree with mriku AND onedandelion here. On the one hand, the Disney worlds felt integrated with the villains who appeared there, but not with the actual story. And it's clear that more work was put into the Disney worlds than the main story. But on the other hand, I do think that the Disney Worlds were, as a collective whole, widely irrelevant. You could have gone nearly anywhere and gotten the same level of plot. They were just pretty vehicles in which to spend much of your time.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

SerDuncan

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts as a franchise is owned by Disney and developed by Square Enix. So even if you hypothetically remove everything Disney from the next entry onwards, it's still a Disney owned intellectual property.

Anyway, the secret ending is probably just symbolic of the joint development that Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy Versus XIII had.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

You're missing the fact that they used Anna and Elsa as one of the images when he thinks about it. Meaning love, period, not necessarily [I]romantic [/I]love. The kind of love where you'll do anything to rescue the other person, and he would do the same for Riku, D&G, and others, too.

D

Deleted member 246005

I feel like Disney would still have a role. They might try and do a game without it just to see if they could but for the most part it would still be there.

We could do without the FF content so i could see them either doing more or less which is fine by me.

Neo_

Awards
The next saga needs to be handled in a different way: do it in the future, where there's no more world order, allow the Disney characters to go to different worlds and make this a real crossover! KHIII should be the last time we follow the generic formula of "Start in original world, visit 7-8 Disney worlds and end in original world".

Series is too formulaic, and I don't know if it could sustain itself if it went beyond just retellings of Disney films. Kingdom Hearts has reached an apex (much like its kindred spirit Smash Bros.) where it just needs to go away for like 10 years, or do $5 DLC Disney worlds to sustain us.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The next saga needs to be handled in a different way: do it in the future, where there's no more world order, allow the Disney characters to go to different worlds and make this a real crossover! KHIII should be the last time we follow the generic formula of "Start in original world, visit 7-8 Disney worlds and end in original world".

Series is too formulaic, and I don't know if it could sustain itself if it went beyond just retellings of Disney films. Kingdom Hearts has reached an apex (much like its kindred spirit Smash Bros.) where it just needs to go away for like 10 years, or do $5 DLC Disney worlds to sustain us.

Wasn't it basically away for like 13 years? The last numbered game came out in 2006 before KH3.

I do agree that the world order situation needs to be revamped. Maybe they can try reworking the party system where you can bring different party members along for the journey?

GrandWebster

Wasn't it basically away for like 13 years? The last numbered game came out in 2006 before KH3.

I do agree that the world order situation needs to be revamped. Maybe they can try reworking the party system where you can bring different party members along for the journey?
I don't see how the Toy Story characters can blend well with other worlds if thats what you want.

I think it be difficult to blend certain characters in certain worlds, without it being too crazy. Plus the idea seems a bit far-fetched. I can't imagine Elsa and Anna in a Moana's world......that would be ridiculous.

Unless its non party members and core disney characters like Scrooge McDuck he gets around of course, other then that it would be too weird.

Last edited:

SerDuncan

You're missing the fact that they used Anna and Elsa as one of the images when he thinks about it. Meaning love, period, not necessarily [I]romantic [/I]love. The kind of love where you'll do anything to rescue the other person, and he would do the same for Riku, D&G, and others, too.

Nah, I definitely did see it. It's not that I'm missing it, it's that I feel like it didn't actually relate to the story in any meaningful way. You've also gotta keep in mind that WE know that Elsa saved Anna with sisterly love. Sora doesn't actually know anything about the curse. He just sees Anna frozen, and then Elsa unfreezes her, and that's the end of it. Maybe if we hadn't jumped around and skipped so much I could buy the love subplot, and love subtlety but as it stands in Corona, Arendelle, and The Caribbean, Sora (and we, the player) don't get to see enough of characters in love, or love conquering all, or falling in love, for love to be a substantial subplot. Love.

You could probably make the same case in the game about death, considering every Disney world has a character dying and then coming back to life.

oh my god I just hit upon the true machinations of Nomura's subplot: He's showing us all the ways characters can come back to life! Genius! /s

But seriously though, I do appreciate your perspective on this, it's an interesting thread to consider.

Back