• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will BBS's combat system be overpowered?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i know this is way off topic but just to get this straight... its not the Unversed its unbirth. i know this because i got a playstation magazine a few months ago and it had an article on BBS. It said unbirth not Unversed.

well i dont know anything about that, but famitsu article calls it unverse, and it's unusual for famitsu to get the romanization wrong. Also playstation magazine isnt that trustworthy.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
i know this is way off topic but just to get this straight... its not the Unversed its unbirth. i know this because i got a playstation magazine a few months ago and it had an article on BBS. It said unbirth not Unversed.

so you are saying a playstation magazine= more reliable source

than the creators

i think unbirth was just the name we got screwed up

Allister Rose

French Lover
idk, i actually think they changed the name, someone should have noticed. or maybe unbirth and unverse are spelled the exact same way in japanese

Abbot

No. Initially, people thought that Unbirth was a translation error. I think someone on these forums figured out that it wasn't, and Unbirth was CHANGED to Unversed. It's in one of the stickied threads, I'm pretty sure.

Allister Rose

French Lover
they said one kana changed, but i'm not so sure. yeah, i'm pretty s ure they changed it, otherwise the options to the translation would have been unbriths, ambers and unverse

C

Crossroads

I think we'll need it to be this way, especially if we have to deal with MX's 100000000000000 keyblade attack of doom.

Key to Truth

Awards
Well, for those who don't read BBS news, the battle system is overpowered, yes, but it's NOT button mashing, the battle system is as i explain:

O - Attack
/\ - Use command in the command list
[] - Use special skill/other stuff
X - Jump
L/R - Roll command list
Pad - Camera

Also, now RCs need timing AND it can be ANY button, not just Triangle.
When you use up one of the commands in the Command list it becomes unabled till the command reloads, and those are the ones that actually hurt a lot, also, when you hit with normal attack the command bar on the top gets filled, and once it is, you can enter in Fire Blazer, Time Splicer,Diamond dust and stuff making yous attacks stronger, but i hope Nomura knows how to balance this.

Think about Kh2, drives, limits and all, they looked overpowered, but they aren't that much, let's just hope for the game not to be easy, or at least that it has an actual HARD mode.

Allister Rose

French Lover
in this game there are special moves you can customize along with the modes. in the trailer we see the characters performing the moves quite well but when it comes to people playing the demo you can tell they staggered a bit durin g the gameplay. it migh t not be so easy just by playing.

Abbot

Key to Truth, what are you talking about? KH2's battle system was crazy overpowered. Why do you think they added a Critical Mode in Final Mix+?

Anyways, I'm kinda iffy about that whole L/R - Roll Command List thing. I'd rather have it on the D-Pad, and L/R would be Camera. It makes it much easier that way. :/ ...and more KH-esque, too. That's what they did with Days. L/R was Camera. Just like it was in the original KH.

Well, for those who don't read BBS news, the battle system is overpowered, yes, but it's NOT button mashing, the battle system is as i explain:

O - Attack
/\ - Use command in the command list
[] - Use special skill/other stuff
X - Jump
L/R - Roll command list
Pad - Camera

Also, now RCs need timing AND it can be ANY button, not just Triangle.
When you use up one of the commands in the Command list it becomes unabled till the command reloads, and those are the ones that actually hurt a lot, also, when you hit with normal attack the command bar on the top gets filled, and once it is, you can enter in Fire Blazer, Time Splicer,Diamond dust and stuff making yous attacks stronger, but i hope Nomura knows how to balance this.

Think about Kh2, drives, limits and all, they looked overpowered, but they aren't that much, let's just hope for the game not to be easy, or at least that it has an actual HARD mode.

just so you know, the O and X functionality will get switched for the american release.

Key to Truth

Awards
Key to Truth, what are you talking about? KH2's battle system was crazy overpowered. Why do you think they added a Critical Mode in Final Mix+?

Anyways, I'm kinda iffy about that whole L/R - Roll Command List thing. I'd rather have it on the D-Pad, and L/R would be Camera. It makes it much easier that way. :/ ...and more KH-esque, too. That's what they did with Days. L/R was Camera. Just like it was in the original KH.

I know it was overpowered, the game was easy to its top, but that was because they added way to many stuff for battle, and Critical Mode isn't that hard, actually Proud mode is harder in some ways, the onyl hard thing is LV1 Critical mode.

And about the L/R thing, think that if L/R were for the camera you wouldn't be able to zoom in/out, so i actually think this is better, Also, if you are moving with the analog, you have no time to change the commands in the pad, but ARE able to press L or R, but well, this is what i think.

just so you know, the O and X functionality will get switched for the american release.

I know that perfectly, i'm not a noob, that happens with most of jap games, not just KH.
And i actually prefer X to jump and O to attacks, i'm more used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back