• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will Axel/Lea be able to dual wield key-blades?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WILDMUSTANGX

For those who don't know (but I'm sure everyone knows by now) Axel has not only changed back into a real person, going by his original name, Lea (which is such a dull, common name. I really prefer Axel), but he now wields his own key-blade! The thing that bothers me about this is that Axel/Lea's fighting style has always incorporated the use of dual weapons. Now that he's a key-blade wielder, is there some way for him to dual wield key-blades? The way I see it, there are 2 possible ways this could potentially happen.

First of all, does everyone remember Lea's old friend Isa, who later became Saix and still hasn't regained his heart? What if his heart now resides within Lea, the same way Ventus's heart currently resides in Sora and the way Kairi's heart came to him in KH1? This might give Lea the ability to dual wield, just like Sora does.

If not, maybe he'll have some sort of key-blade transformation ability that would allow him to split his key-blade into 2 matching weapons, or magically generate a perfect duplicate of his key-blade, so that he has a pair of them. What do other people think?

Another thing I'm curious about is the fact that Lea's new key-blade differs in appearance from both the Bond of Flame, from KH2 and the Frolic Flame, from BBS. When Aqua met Kairi in BBS, she got the Destiny's Embrace, the same key-blade that Kairi later wields in KH2. Yet, when Ventus met Lea in BBS, he got the Frolic Flame and after Sora encountered Axel towards the latter end of KH2, he got the Bond of Flame. Bothe of these key-blades differ from the one that Lea now possesses. Why do you think this is?

Anagram

Banned
The only way I see him dual wielding is if he uses keyblade transformation to make some sorta new dual chakram attack or something. If I remember right you dont need just to hearts to wield but two keyblades. Ven has one which is what lets Sora and Roxas do it.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I suppose he could use a keyblade in one hand for short-range fighting and such, and a chakram in the other. And be able to transform the keyblade into his second chakram whenever he feels like it.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
The only way I can imagine Lea being able to dual-wield is if he can wield one through his own heart and one through a heart he may have grown during his time with Roxas, but even I have to say that's pushing it.

Another thing I'm curious about is the fact that Lea's new key-blade differs in appearance from both the Bond of Flame, from KH2 and the Frolic Flame, from BBS. When Aqua met Kairi in BBS, she got the Destiny's Embrace, the same key-blade that Kairi later wields in KH2. Yet, when Ventus met Lea in BBS, he got the Frolic Flame and after Sora encountered Axel towards the latter end of KH2, he got the Bond of Flame. Bothe of these key-blades differ from the one that Lea now possesses. Why do you think this is?
When you think about it, the changes in those keyblades, from FF to his own keyblade, reflect Lea's growth, from childhood to teen angst being a Nobody to adulthood, particularly ending where he has purpose. Now, I'm sure the exact explanation is more complicated than that, especially considering Destiny's Embrace, but if these keyblades had to reflect Lea, this is how I'd imagine it.

jahob000

I doubt Axel will be able to dual wield. If Axel held Saix's heart, then when he lost his heart, his nobody would resemble Saix instead of himself. Similar to how Sora's nobody Roxas is physically similar to Ven.

As far as the keyblades themselves go, you never see anyone in the story acknowledge that Sora can change the look of his keyblade, they always see it as the Kingdom Key. The reason why (I assume) the keyblades look, play and feel different to us as the player is to show the connections that Sora has made with everyone else. Not to mention seeing the same keyblade throughout the game would be a little dull.

I believe that the only reason why Axel's and other keyblades look similar is because they didn't just want to rehash the same keyblade design. Even the Ultima weapon from I and II look the same but have slight alterations. Another way to look at it is that the way the Bond of Flame was designed was to embody Axel's character and connection to Sora. Just like how the Frolic Flame embodied a more youthful Lea and his connection to those he met in BBS. This time his keyblade embodies just himself.

So I don't think that those three keyblades have any connection story wise. Just a different design is all.

Antar

Awards
I think he'll just wield one keyblade, the one he got in DDD. Thanks to Keyblade Transformation, though, I think he'll be able to transform his keyblade into his classic two chakrams, again. It's simple enough and makes sense.

WILDMUSTANGX

I doubt Axel will be able to dual wield. If Axel held Saix's heart, then when he lost his heart, his nobody would resemble Saix instead of himself. Similar to how Sora's nobody Roxas is physically similar to Ven.

You misunderstood. I only meant that Lea might be holding onto Isa's heart now that he's a person again and his nobody, Axel, no longer exists. Isa is still Saix, but Axel has become Lea again, so he has his heart back. Many hearts were released at the end of KH2. Isa's heart may very well have been one of them, but where did it go? Since Lea and Isa were such good friends in the past, I thought that maybe Isa's heart might drift over to Lea and wait with him.

But I realize now that that wouldn't allow Lea to wield 2 key-blades. The only reason that Sora can dual wield is because Ventus is also key-blade wielder and having the hearts of 2 key-blade wielders allows him to have 2 key-blades.

WILDMUSTANGX

The only way I see him dual wielding is if he uses keyblade transformation to make some sorta new dual chakram attack or something. If I remember right you dont need just to hearts to wield but two keyblades. Ven has one which is what lets Sora and Roxas do it.

Oh yeah, you're right. I forgot about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back