• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will 2.5 include BBSV2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virion Crescent

So I was wondering... If KH2.5 comes out before KH3 (assuming 2.5 will come out at all), then isn't it possible for there to be like a "bonus disc" type thing (except it would be a game in itself) containing BBSV2? Or could this happen with KH3? What do you guys think?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
2.5 was hinted at in the credits of 1.5.

KINGDOM HEARTS 2.5 Contains II, Birth by Sleep and coded? - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Nomura has stated in an interview that there were no plans to develop a "Birth By Sleep Volume II" game despite the fact there is a story to be told there.

— At the end of the secret movie for KHBBSFM, an interesting message that said ‘Birth by Sleep -Volume Two’ appeared. Is there a chance that a KHBBS2 will be appearing?

Nomura: It seems that many people thought that, but during that movie there were the words ‘A fragmentary passage’, weren’t there? That means a ‘bits and pieces of something whole’. In short, a story for ‘Volume Two’ exists that ought to be told, but the story cuts off with those scenes. Because of that, I won’t say there is absolutely no chance that we will produce a title to follow KHBBS , but there are no plans as of now.

KH3D Ultimania Interviews Translated! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Most likely we'll see whatever Nomura wanted to cover in KH3 as flashbacks.

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Though it'd be interesting to see the concepts of "the game that never was", but that'd be at least ten years from now.

DarkAngelus23

Banned
There is no BBS V2 (at least not yet) there is only a Final Mix Version. By the way OP KH 2.5 HD ReMIX is pretty much confirmed to happen, so is KH III. OP in case you didn't know 2.5 HD ReMIX will contain KH II FM,KH BBS FM and 3 hour cutscene movie of Coded and maybe DDD but its highly unlikely.

By the way we will get KH III but it won't take 10 more years to get it. Besides if at E3 or TGS we hear/see nothing bout Versus XIII, than we all should just move on and assume KH III has started Development (in secret). In my opinion it doesn't take 8 years to make a RPG like Versus XIII.

Last edited:

SoraRoxasVen13

I think that if there will be a Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Volume II then it will be released for the ps vita or some type of handheld and after the possible 2.5 HD Remix

State

Awards
Most likely we'll see whatever Nomura wanted to cover in KH3 as flashbacks.
That would be the most prudent thing to do, seeing as how there wouldn't be much material for BbSv2 to cover. I see it as: a scene happens with Riku/Mickey/Aqua, a flashback ensures. '_'

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think that if there will be a Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Volume II then it will be released for the ps vita or some type of handheld and after the possible 2.5 HD Remix

Nomura has already said there are no plans to make BBSv2, and they already have a KH game they had to shelve for undisclosed reasons. It's 2.5 then KH3 and nothing else between.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
There is no BBS V2 (at least not yet) there is only a Final Mix Version. By the way OP KH 2.5 HD ReMIX is pretty much confirmed to happen, so is KH III. OP in case you didn't know 2.5 HD ReMIX will contain KH II FM,KH BBS FM and 3 hour cutscene movie of Coded and maybe DDD but its highly unlikely.

A lot of people are assuming that because Days was 3 hours so will Coded but I can't see there being more than an hour or so worth of cutscenes.

State

Awards
A lot of people are assuming that because Days was 3 hours so will Coded but I can't see there being more than an hour or so worth of cutscenes.
My thoughts exactly. =/
coded was as CUTSCENE HEAVY as Days. Of course, they can always add new scenes, like they did with Days (or make some playable events into cutscenes, too).

Caity

Website
kh13.com
I think it's more likely to be created as a conus disc after, probably for a complete MX collection they may try to release before starting the new saga. Far as I know they're not making any more "side" games between now and KH3 because they're trying to win back fans who got annoed with all the console hopping.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
There is no need for BBSv2 to ever be made. Seriously. We don't need to have every single event of the timeline be made playable. Whatever Nomura had in mind for its storyline it can easily be explained through some cutscenes in KH3. Some things are better left to imagination.

Korai

Awards
There is no need for BBSv2 to ever be made. Seriously. We don't need to have every single event of the timeline be made playable. Whatever Nomura had in mind for its storyline it can easily be explained through some cutscenes in KH3. Some things are better left to imagination.
I agree with this. while there is some story to be told, there just isnt enough to make a full game imo. all i can think of for gameplay would be aqua roaming the realm of darkness, a minigame with apprentice xehanort doing research, maybe something about the fall of radiant garden, there just isnt enough. maybe it could be made as some other form of media though, i.e. manga, miniseries on tv, etc.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Just for the sake of clarity, KH3 could incorporate and explain events surrounding RGs fall into darkness-since that really seems to be the timeframe for much of the remaining mysteries- as well as mickey and aqua in the realm of darkness.

FLashbacks would be most interesting here.

But right now, there's no need for BBSv2.

Last edited:

Korai

Awards
Just for the sake of clarity, KH3 could incorporate and explain events surrounding RGs fall into darkness-since that really seems to be the timeframe for much of the remaining mysteries- as well as mickey and aqua in the realm of darkness.

FLashbacks would be most interesting here.
yeah, they could have a scene in mysterious tower where Lea tells them about it as a story and maybe it could even be gameplay. ex: lea:"it all started one stormy day..." and then have some cross fade or something and you could play as a young Lea on that day trying to run away with Isa.

State

Awards
The idea of the downfall of Radiant Garden seen through Lea's eyes alongside Isa as the tutorial segment of KINGDOM HEARTS III is brilliant.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
while there is some story to be told, there just isnt enough to make a full game imo.

We can't really judge that for ourselves. If there was a story, they can make it work to fit in a full game if that was what they wanted.

all i can think of for gameplay would be aqua roaming the realm of darkness

Where Aqua could then discover a huge threat growing within the depths of Darkness, something more threatening than Xehanort himself. That's at least one idea they could go with. The worlds themselves would have been devoid of people, but who knows what else lies in the Darkness besides the Heartless. There is so little we actually know about the Realm of Darkness. We know it is where worlds swallowed by the Darkness go, we know it is where Heartless are born and deep within the realm is Kingdom Hearts.

But why is time distorted in the Realm of Darkness? How does Darkness corrode the heart? Are there people who willingly have travelled into the Realm of Darkness?

a minigame with apprentice xehanort doing research

Minigame? Not really sure how a minigame with research could work? Something like puzzles and quests that would have to be done to unveil the discoveries Apprentice Xehanort made during his time in Radiant Garden.

maybe something about the fall of radiant garden

There's ten years between BBS and KH1 that remain, for the most part, unknown. Who knows what happened during that time. Then we still have what uncounted events between KH1 and KH2. What was Riku doing during those gaps besides the few things we're aware of. We saw fragments of things we'd never seen before in Re:coded, but it wasn't enough to make heads or tails of what exactl

maybe it could be made as some other form of media though, i.e. manga, miniseries on tv, etc.

Or whatever they might have had panned could just be integrated into KH3, or even in a game post-KH3. Of course it will be different from what they probably planned but it isn't that hard to find a place for it if they really wanted to make the game and share that story.

Also the manga don't follow canon so they wouldn't really put something like that in them. Maybe in a novel since those are considered canon on some level, but it isn't an ideal direction to take considering the novels are only available in Japan at the current time.

Korai

Awards
Then we still have what uncounted events between KH1 and KH2. What was Riku doing during those gaps besides the few things we're aware of.
I've always been curious about that ever since I saw the scene in the credits of rikus story in re:com where riku and mickey are walking through what seems to be hollow bastion and riku kneels down but then gets up and continues on.
There's ten years between BBS and KH1 that remain, for the most part, unknown. Who knows what happened during that time.
lol i just thought of something: in bbs, stitch was shot off into space, and in kh2, he is seen in hollow bastion. does this mean that stitch was in radiant garden throughout the heartless apocalypse and lived there fighting heartless for the next 11 years?
its like The Last of Us but with stitch and heartless :D
The idea of the downfall of Radiant Garden seen through Lea's eyes alongside Isa as the tutorial segment of KINGDOM HEARTS III is brilliant.
well thank you!
kinda reminds me of uncharted 3 where you play as a 15 year old drake meeting sully

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Where Aqua could then discover a huge threat growing within the depths of Darkness, something more threatening than Xehanort himself. That's at least one idea they could go with. The worlds themselves would have been devoid of people, but who knows what else lies in the Darkness besides the Heartless. There is so little we actually know about the Realm of Darkness. We know it is where worlds swallowed by the Darkness go, we know it is where Heartless are born and deep within the realm is Kingdom Hearts.

But why is time distorted in the Realm of Darkness? How does Darkness corrode the heart? Are there people who willingly have travelled into the Realm of Darkness? .
This gives me an idea. The worlds swallowed by Darkness go to sleep, and the Realm of Darkness is sort of like an alternative to the real of sleep in that regard. But what if the Dreams the worlds are having occassionally "leaked"? Like a brief scene of say Cinderella and the Prince dancing in the courtyard that is now very much destroyed and they can't see that or Her. Haunting, and adding to Aqua's torment by ,aking her think she's going mad.

I love mental torture too muchlol
I've always been curious about that ever since I saw the scene in the credits of rikus story in re:com where riku and mickey are walking through what seems to be hollow bastion and riku kneels down but then gets up and continues on.

lol i just thought of something: in bbs, stitch was shot off into space, and in kh2, he is seen in hollow bastion. does this mean that stitch was in radiant garden throughout the heartless apocalypse and lived there fighting heartless for the next 11 years?
its like The Last of Us but with stitch and heartless.

I doubt that. It seems the time we spend with stitch in BBS runs somewhat parallel to the opening of Lilo and Stitch, in that in both He's arrested on first offense and sentenced to exile. It's likely he was launched to earth and grew up with either Lilo or that girl in the Japanese show.

Last edited:

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I've always felt that the whole 1.5 and 2.5 names was really a reference to BBS volume II or 0.5

That secret ending was one of the coolest for me, like Mickey in the Rod ex....
Like others have said it would be interesting seeing things for the perspective of other characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back