• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wild Hopes Over Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Haha, idk Joshua was perfectly content to see Shibuya burn up until Neku taught him people could change. Also I'd assume he's powerless outside of Shibuya. xD

Yeah, but he was nicer in DDD for whatever reason;) And you know, I was wondering about Joshua's powers outside of Shibuya, too. Granted, he brought the Dream Fragments of the TWEWY gang there to "keep them alive", so to speak. But was that taking a lot of his power to do so? If so, that might be why he seemed a bit helpless in 3D. If not, then well... I'm going to believe that everyone is right in saying that he's like Lord Death from Soul Eater (at least where his powers are concerned).

Also, another thing I'd like to see in KHIII is Scrooge McDuck being a bit more rogue, if you will. He's a little too nice in KH, but that can be said about quite a few characters.

That being said, I'd also like to see the characters, if we're playing multiple ones, get different Keyblades.

Speaking of which, do you think Kairi will get a new default Keyblade? After all, was it ever clear if Destiny's Embrace is really hers (seeing as how Aqua uses it and BbS, and it's Riku that gave it to her, I think not)? Maybe then people will be more willing to give Kairi the benefit of the doubt, if she's not fighting with the flowery Keyblade. And even if she doesn't get a new one, I still think she'll be awesome. Plus, I think Lady Luck is a lot worse than Destiny's Embrace.

Edit: And since this is the "wild hopes for KHIII thread", I'm just going to say I want SoKai, RokuShi, RikuNami, and TerQua to happen, and probably never bring it up again (as people can be touchy about KH pairings, and that's not what the series is about, anyway).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wild Hopes Over Kingdom Hearts 3

"Nothing is too silly and out of this world. In this thread anything and everything is possible!"

Bahaha, ok, ok, I get the hint. Back to topic.

So, what "wild hopes" would I have for KH3?

Well,

- actual dedicated screentime to address all the important issues of the plot.
- weave Kairi meaningful into the story without pushing other important characters too much to the sidelines.
- spare me any romance-crap and focus on the main theme of the series which is intense friendship, with the rescue of the tormented characters actually being important in this regard.
- an actual full-fledged party system (possibly like Versus XIII?), don't leave me stuck with Donald and Goofy the entire time.
- after all the near bittersweet endings give just once a full happy ending.
- definitely a return of some FF cameos and some new ones. If this gets crowded too much with the TWEWY-crew and the ex-Organisation members either source the TWEWY-characters out to their own world, leave them out OR leave out the Organisation members useless to the plot.
- when including Disney worlds, make them connect either to the main plot or some character development and character interaction between the by now wide cast of main characters, no more "Hakuna Matata" with just re-enacting film plots wasting screentime without any serious meaning.
- return the memoirs system from DDD on a grander scale for the whole series, possibly combined with an extended Jiminy's Journal which can almost double as a lexicon so there's not so much reliance on interviews needed anymore.

That's that for now. ;)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Bahaha, ok, ok, I get the hint. Back to topic.

So, what "wild hopes" would I have for KH3?

Well,

- actual dedicated screentime to address all the important issues of the plot.
- weave Kairi meaningful into the story without pushing other important characters too much to the sidelines.
- spare me any romance-crap and focus on the main theme of the series which is intense friendship, with the rescue of the tormented characters actually being important in this regard.
- an actual full-fledged party system (possibly like Versus XIII?), don't leave me stuck with Donald and Goofy the entire time.
- after all the near bittersweet endings give just once a full happy ending.
- definitely a return of some FF cameos and some new ones. If this gets crowded too much with the TWEWY-crew and the ex-Organisation members either source the TWEWY-characters out to their own world, leave them out OR leave out the Organisation members useless to the plot.
- when including Disney worlds, make them connect either to the main plot or some character development and character interaction between the by now wide cast of main characters, no more "Hakuna Matata" with just re-enacting film plots wasting screentime without any serious meaning.
- return the memoirs system from DDD on a grander scale for the whole series, possibly combined with an extended Jiminy's Journal which can almost double as a lexicon so there's not so much reliance on interviews needed anymore.

That's that for now. ;)
Wow seph, i was going to post a list but you just made one identical to the one i was going to make. The only difference is, i do want some development of the romance between sora and kairi. Anyway great list nonetheless :)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wow seph, i was going to post a list but you just made one identical to the one i was going to make. The only difference is, i do want some development of the romance between sora and kairi. Anyway great list nonetheless :)

Heh, seems we do have some similarities after all, and on that one point I believe we already agreed to disagree, right? ;)

I made that list up on a whim now, but it basically includes everything that mainly concern me in regards to KH 3.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
I thought of another thing I want in III for whatever reason. A moment where Sora's stuck in a dream world, where he could have everything he ever wanted, but chooses to leave it. As cliché as it is, that probably has to be one of my favorite tropes, and I think it would fit his sort of story well. I just want a lot of cool and crazy stuff like that to happen to Sora in the game, as I really want to see him grow.

Oh, and paralells! I love parallels in thingsl like if Kairi says, "This time, I'll protect you," again or something, it would be great. And maybe she could make lucky charms for herself and Riku (and just give her current one to Sora), but that might be a bit too much.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I thought of another thing I want in III for whatever reason. A moment where Sora's stuck in a dream world, where he could have everything he ever wanted, but chooses to leave it. As cliché as it is, that probably has to be one of my favorite tropes, and I think it would fit his sort of story well. I just want a lot of cool and crazy stuff like that to happen to Sora in the game, as I really want to see him grow.
Like Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Oh, and paralells! I love parallels in thingsl like if Kairi says, "This time, I'll protect you," again or something, it would be great.
Like Kingdom Hearts II.

And maybe she could make lucky charms for herself and Riku (and just give her current one to Sora), but that might be a bit too much.
Like Birth by Sleep.

8D

I'd also like for the Ultimate Weapon to be near impossible to get and for it to be that, The ULTIMATE weapon.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
A coherent story that ties up all the loose ends in the story, and some intuitive/fun gameplay. That's all I need

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Please bring back the Command Board from BBS. It would be amazing seeing more characters and boards to choose from.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
Like Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Like Kingdom Hearts II.

Like Birth by Sleep.

8D

I'd also like for the Ultimate Weapon to be near impossible to get and for it to be that, The ULTIMATE weapon.

And Chaser wins the Internet for the day. Admittedly, I did think of that whole "dream" thing while rewatching that scene from XIII-2 (which, oddly is like KH in a lot of ways, and since I'm saying we should implement ideas from that into a new KH... paradox!). But I've just always been partial to that trope. I liked it in Smallville, Supernatural... I could go on and on, really.

And I hadn't even thought about them doing parallels in KHII:/ I guess they did, but I suppose I wouldn't mind it being more thorough? IDK. It just didn't stand out to me that much in II, as say, Emma Watson always crying the same way when she plays Hermione, does. But maybe I'm just dense.

As for the BbS charm thing, I think it would be a cool idea, but now I'm thinking it would be over the top, so forget I said that.

Completely agree on the Ultimate Weapon thing, but do you think it should be called that, or "Ultima Weapon?" ;)

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Please bring back the Command Board from BBS. It would be amazing seeing more characters and boards to choose from.

Yes please after finishing BBS completely this is all i played. loved it so much. if there was an online mode of some sort i will gladly give anyone here an asswhooping. :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
And Chaser wins the Internet for the day.
Who's Chaser?

Completely agree on the Ultimate Weapon thing, but do you think it should be called that, or "Ultima Weapon?" ;)
Call it the Ultimate Weapon for KH III please. The strongest keyblade both attack and magic wise would certainly require the ypgrade from Ultima to Ultimate

you have to beat the game's secret boss, ben diskin's nobody first.
No ;A;

Noliesever

Stuck in a cave with theminecraftuniverse, skydoes
Yes please after finishing BBS completely this is all i played. loved it so much. if there was an online mode of some sort i will gladly give anyone here an asswhooping. :D

Cho talkin bout. BBS has an online mode.
It took Xeonhart 2 tries to find out Kingdom Hearts is light. Fail.

It's not about the diamonds, it's about the BUDDER!

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
oh yes

i want that

even though it was just small increments of EXP, it felt rewarding

Similarly, can we get Trinity Marks back? :D

Better yet, full fledged party system with trinity marks that require certain trios (SDG, MDG, RAX, etc)and no WHAT TRIO IS ETC jokes

That might be pretty nifty.

If kh3 starts out at destiny islands, i want to get to meet sora, riku, and kairi's fsmilies

yes, there will be a cutscene of sora eating dinner with his mom.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I've been thinking a bit and it would be pretty awesome if you could design your own keyblade in the game. But I get the feeling it would be a tad bit complicated considering how some of the designs are. If it was something simple then maybe they might seem dull, but I don't know.

I haven't given it much thought (obviously lol tho its mostly food for thought), but being able to create at least one from different parts of other designs with the ability to change color is kind of what I had in mind.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Hm. All new Disney Worlds, no retreads. Probably won't happen, but I can hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back