• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

WikiLeaks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Norpthalomus

It's better than drinking alone
Awards
Website
ultimumrome.tumblr.com
As you may or may not be aware, recently, WikiLeaks has been on the news and has been revealing "secret" government information. What do you think the US government is going to do as a result of these leaks? Do you think they'll crackdown on the website, or will they let it continue to exist?

This website has been called "The Catalyst for New, Open styled Government." There are things on this site about the US government's relationships with other countries that are supposedly "secret."

I'm still trying to do some more research myself, but I thought this forum would be a good place to start.

Here's some background on the website:

Despite talk of dire consequences for U.S. foreign policy and military intelligence, online publisher Wikileaks Sunday began releasing more than 250,000 leaked cables between 274 worldwide embassies and the U.S. State Department.

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange calls the leaked cables "the largest set of confidential documents ever to be released into the public domain" on the organization's website.

Designed to "give people around the world an unprecedented insight into the U.S. Government's foreign activities," the cables date from 1966 thru 2010. More than 15,000 of the leaked documents are classified "Secret."

Let me know what you guys think, I'd be glad to hear your thoughts and opinions on this controversial website.

WikiLeaks

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
A part of me says:

"Are you joking? Do you honestly think the government would allow supposedly classified information to get out? What makes you think this stuff isn't constructed by them? It's all propoganda and shit, maaaaaan."

The rest of me lols and doesn't really care

don't really care.

pretty sure anything 'secret' would be kept secret, i mean come on. we're talking about the u.s. government.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
As you may or may not be aware, recently, WikiLeaks has been on the news and has been revealing "secret" government information. What do you think the US government is going to do as a result of these leaks? Do you think they'll crackdown on the website, or will they let it continue to exist?

The Obama Administration did try to stop the site from posting the leak, but apparently they did a fucked up job and now they're being blasted for it.

Awards
If I can't rely on the government for radical transparency, I'm glad that another entity has taken it into its own hands. I'm glad that Wikileaks exists and I support them 100%.

And no, we're not talking about conspiracies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
If I can't rely on the government for radical transparency, I'm glad that another entity has taken it into its own hands. I'm glad that Wikileaks exists and I support them 100%.

And no, we're not talking about conspiracies.

Our country would be at grave danger if they were transparent with us about the majority of things that go on behind closed doors.

O

Oberon

woooo wikileaks <:

don't really care.

pretty sure anything 'secret' would be kept secret, i mean come on. we're talking about the u.s. government.
that didn't stop wikileaks from releasing the material lmfao

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Blech... I hate all the hype around secrecy. My parents explicitely told me that this is, "A Danger to the U.S. itself and its military".

In fact, the paranoia on base right now is bad enough to where, if I were to go to that site, I would be grounded for MONTHS as well as threatened by some of the military police [we just call em' MP's] for endangering my father by "supporting that illegal site".

Honestly, I don't see why it's so bad if a person can get enough access to it to where they can post all these things on the internet. If it were REALLY horrid stuff, it would've been snuffed out ages ago, right? Shut down the servers or something like that.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
If this stuff was so classified, how was it so simple to get it? /derp.

It's just some little dude wanting to mess with governments. Governments that will pay to..well, you get the idea, right?

Just sayin'. It'll die down in a couple of months anyway. Attention hoardz Loool

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I think it is good. I want to know what they are hiding. Why shouldnt the rest of the world know what the US thinks of them? Maybe the US will fcuk them over, so I agree with Russia to react that way.

Its not like national security has been threatened by the public finding out just how many civilians have been killed in the middle east.

krexia

Translator
Awards
Dear President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder:

We, as Australians, condemn calls for violence, including assassination, against Australian citizen and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, or for him to be labeled a terrorist, enemy combatant or be treated outside the ordinary course of justice in any way.

As Thomas Jefferson said, "information is the currency of democracy." Publishing leaked information in collaboration with major news outlets, as Wikileaks and Mr. Assange have done, is not a terrorist act.

Australia and the United States are the strongest of allies. Our soldiers serve side by side and we’ve experienced, and condemned, the consequences of terrorism together. To label Wikileaks a terrorist organisation is an insult to those Australians and Americans who have lost their lives to acts of terrorism and to terrorist forces.

If Wikileaks or their staff have broken international or national laws, let that case be heard in a just and fair court of law. At the moment, no such charges have been brought.

We are writing as Australians to say what our Government should have: all Australian citizens deserve to be free from persecution, threats of violence and detention without charge, especially from our friend and ally, the United States.

We call upon you to stand up for our shared democratic principles of the presumption of innocence and freedom of information.

GetUp! Campaign Actions

Awards
Labeling WikiLeaks as a terrorist organization has proven to me that the word "terrorism" lost all substance.
It'll come as no surprise to me if Assange is magically found dead one day.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I support the idea, but... Well, the guy's honestly completely screwed, so I wonder how long it'll last.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Labeling WikiLeaks as a terrorist organization has proven to me that the word "terrorism" lost all substance.
It'll come as no surprise to me if Assange is magically found dead one day.

didn't he say something about if anything happened to him then this super huge secret would be let out that could cause 'serious issues'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back