• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Wii Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I wasn't sure where to put it.I have a question about my Wii I want to hook it up to the internet but I was wondering can you use a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connecter? Or do you have to have something else thanks to anyone who answers.

bubbles

Thanks so much ^_^ and I guess this can be closed xD.

EDIT: Acually I have another question how do I hook it up I already did everything but when i'm testing the connection an Error comes up what am I doing wrong?

D

The KR3W
There is a USB cable that has to be hooked up to the WiFi USB Connector first, then you plug it in to the computer.

S

Shadow Soldier

You don't have to have the cable plugged in. That's just an extender. There could be a number of a problems, internet in your area was slow, something wrong with the Wii's WiFi, no signal was given, blah blah blah. It is also recommended that you turn off your Firewall and Antivirus. That's usually stopping it. If you don't want to do that, then the adapter is useless to you.

I also recommend don't install from the disc, download the latest driver from the Nintendo website below:

| Nintendo - Customer Service | Wii - Download the latest software for the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

v 1.06.

If none of the above works, then I suggest calling Nintendo, though they never really tend to help mainly due to the fact that the adapter was discontinued.

S

Shadow Soldier

You don't have to use the cable. I just plug my adapter into the PC alone, I threw out the cable.

It also helps to have USB 2.0 slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back